• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 1 coming this week @ EU-PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flek

Banned
I dont know if this has been posted (didnt find anything) but i just got a PR message from konami germany saying:

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH gibt die Veröffentlichung von vier Metal Gear Solid Klassikern über Sonys PlayStation(R)Network bekannt. Anlass für diese Neuigkeit ist auch der näher rückende Release von Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker für PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable).

Den Anfang macht ein Klassiker der Videospielgeschichte und der einflussreichste Titel jüngerer Zeit: Die original PSone Version von Metal Gear Solid erscheint am 19. November für 9,99 Euro als Download. Metal Gear Solid markiert den ersten Schritt der Serie in eine komplett in 3D gestaltete Spielumgebung und begründete den Ruhm von Hideo Kojima als Entwickler von Weltformat.

Metal Gear Solid 1 will be released on PSN @ November 19th for 9,99 Euros :D

http://www.onpsx.net/news.php?id=27546

DMeisterJ

Banned
Incorrect thread title FTL.

I was about to rip Grace Chen a new one for letting SCEE get MG1 first, and FFObsessed would have prayed to his Kebby god, but now That doesn't have to happen.

manzo

duckroll said:
Why is this not Metal Gear 1? I was promised Metal Gear 1 by the thread title.

Wtfisthisshit.jpg

Me too!

Kinda same as someone says "Final Fantasy 1 is coming to PSN" when the version would be Final Fantasy VII.

GothPunk

Why does it say 4 MGS classics ('vier Metal Gear Solid Klassikern') coming to PSN? Are we getting MGS:pO and maybe Acid! 1+2 and MGSPO+ on the PSN in the following weeks?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Is it retreated God of War style?

I can't read whatever language that was posted in.

Wanace

GothPunk said:
Why does it say 4 MGS classics ('vier Metal Gear Solid Klassikern') coming to PSN? Are we getting MGS:pO and maybe Acid! 1+2 and MGSPO+ on the PSN in the following weeks?

That'd be nice.

Blablurn

RbBrdMan said:
Is it retreated God of War style?

I can't read whatever language that was posted in.

heh? it's just the ps1 classic version which konami already released in japan and usa.

GothPunk said:
Portable Ops and the Ac!d games were confirmed a few weeks ago. The question is which stores will be getting them, and when.

duckroll

GothPunk said:

I don't know, why don't you help translate the entire thing? Some of us don't understand German!

S. L.

GothPunk said:
it doesn't say, just that MGS will be the first one to come

Flek

Banned
i just mailed konami asking what the other 3 mgs games for psn are … i will post here one i got a answer

Aru

Yes ! We will have the awful french VA version I guess :lol

Already finished the US PSN version...

The game feels very old when you have played the sequels.

Is there any sort of reasonable answer why we have to get games like this so many months after the US, and why we still haven't got Suikoden and Castlevania?

Flek

Banned
ok konami confirmed the other 3 are

- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops +
- Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel.

But will it be 60Hz like the USA version? If not I'll just get it from the USA store like my other PS1 downloads. 50Hz grieved me in the past; I don't need it again.

Flek said:

Aw...sort of wished it was the AC!D titles, both gems in my book. But, they'll come.

onken

Flek said:

Presumably these are just for PSP and not playable on PS3?

igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
Prepare yourself for a far superior game.
Eh, I dunno. MGS is always about the cinematic feeling - the ugly graphics and worse animated cutscenes have always put me off buying it. I know purists will always say that Twin Snakes was too "Matrixy," which I agree with to an extent, but since MGS2 was the first game in the series I played, the original seemed too primitive for my liking.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, though. :)

BaZZaa

Neo Member
duckroll said:
I don't know, why don't you help translate the entire thing? Some of us don't understand German!

It's just saying that Konami Digital Entertainment announched 4 Metal gear solid classics for PSN. The reason for this is the upcoming release of Metal gear solid: Peace Walker.

The first classic to be released on PSN is the original PSone version of Metal gear solid on 19 november for 9,99 euro as download. Metal gear solid marks the first complete 3d installment of the serie and was the game that made the Hideo Kojima a world famous developer.

GothPunk

duckroll said:
Neither do I, at least not very well, I just used Google Translate. BaZZaa's translation is much clearer though. (Thanks Flek and BaZZaa).

duckroll

So what are the odds that they'll release the 4 titles once every Thursday, and after all 4 releases are done, they release the English Peace Walker demo the week after that? :eek:

GothPunk

duckroll said:
So what are the odds that they'll release the 4 titles once every Thursday, and after all 4 releases are done, they release the English Peace Walker demo the week after that? :eek:
Seems highly likely to me. I shall look forward to it. Just in time for the EU/US release of Adhoc Party and the holidays.

El-Suave

I'm happy it's coming, but I'm afraid this might be bad news for Critter Crunch which is coming out on the same day.

deleted

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH gibt die Veröffentlichung von vier Metal Gear Solid Klassikern über Sonys PlayStation(R)Network bekannt. Anlass für diese Neuigkeit ist auch der näher rückende Release von Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker für PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable).

Den Anfang macht ein Klassiker der Videospielgeschichte und der einflussreichste Titel jüngerer Zeit: Die original PSone Version von Metal Gear Solid erscheint am 19. November für 9,99 Euro als Download. Metal Gear Solid markiert den ersten Schritt der Serie in eine komplett in 3D gestaltete Spielumgebung und begründete den Ruhm von Hideo Kojima als Entwickler von Weltformat.

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH announces the release of four MGS classics on Sonys PSN. Cause for this news is the future release of MGS: Peace Walker for PSP.

The first release will be a classic in Videogame history and the most influential title in recent time: The original PS1 version of MGS releases on november 19th for 9,99 EUR in downloadeble form. MGS marks the first step of the series into a complete 3D environment and established Hideo Kojimas fame as a world class developer.

Edit: hm, late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom