• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Metalmarc

Watching a group of people playing this on twitch doing silly voices as the charachters, helps make it look a lot more fun, but i'm still a offline only player

Will buy when single player and bots get added with the Summer patch

Mengetsu

This game is gonna be janky as fuck but, I hope patches and such keep it alive. Seeing Jason get stuck on streams earlier had me in tears lol

painey

godamn, that awesome OT with that awful OT title!

Been watching some streams on twitch and it looks interesting. I lost interest in watching DbD just because it became so repetitive. I will hopefully find a good streamer on twitch tomorrow to watch, coz I'm finding most of the people with it today are kinda annoying.. but that's life watching Twitch I guess

edit: hope they fix the awful hair physics in tomorrows patch

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
godamn, that awesome OT with that awful OT title!

Been watching some streams on twitch and it looks interesting. I lost interest in watching DbD just because it became so repetitive. I will hopefully find a good streamer on twitch tomorrow to watch, coz I'm finding most of the people with it today are kinda annoying.. but that's life watching Twitch I guess
Have you watched Laphin? I hate most streamers to be honest, but he's one I actually enjoy.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hope this is successful so we can get an Elm Street game next. They could make it like Rainbow 6 where you prepare the area before going to sleep.
I think the idea of Elm Street being like this game would be interesting but the twist would be to kill Freddy or be killed by Freddy. The first objective would be to find a way to drag Freddy to real life and kill him there but if you take too much time he can go back to the dream map and people would have to think new strategies when dragged back there.

Also the idea that Freddy can be stealthy and transform into different environmental traps brings potential for quite a few scares if done right and could cause a fair balance since people teaming up should lead to some tense interactions.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I hope this is successful so we can get an Elm Street game next. They could make it like Rainbow 6 where you prepare the area before going to sleep.

Anyone know how much this costs in Australian Dollars?

more mp horror games the better wouldnt mind a game based off the thing there was a custom starcraft map along time ago that was one player played as the thing and the rest were marines was really fun

the thing could turn from a marine into a hydralisk and fuck players up then turn back into a marine to trick other players

Ch ch ch ah ah ah
Manfredini makes note of the mispronunciation of the sounds: "Everybody thinks it's cha, cha, cha. I'm like, 'Cha, cha, cha'? What are you talking about?"
He came up with the sound "ki ki ki, ma ma ma", based on the line "Kill her mommy!", which Mrs. Voorhees recites repeatedly in the final reel. The "ki" comes from "kill", and the "ma" from "mommy". To achieve the unique sound he wanted for the film, Manfredini spoke the two words "harshly, distinctly, and rhythmically into a microphone" and ran them into an echo reverberation machine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th_(franchise)

CREMSteve

I'm pretty damn excited to finally play this. Let me buy it already!
Edit - there's a dynamic theme too? Sweet... so many possibilities, please be good...

spannicus

It's not on PSN either. So I guess....we'll have to buy the single player then. Free with preorders my ass lol.

That's legit horseshit, considering that preordering nets you a huge chunk of the game for free. This money grabbing bullshit is seriously making me reconsider my purchase. What the fuck?
You get Singleplayer just for buying the game.
Have you watched Laphin? I hate most streamers to be honest, but he's one I actually enjoy.
Yeah laphin.

I'm getting concerned that there's still no DLC codes on Backerkit, hopefully they don't come after the game's already out.

spannicus

I'm getting concerned that there's still no DLC codes on Backerkit, hopefully they don't come after the game's already out.
Sure you'll get them. Guys gotta send out a ton of codes for 3 platforms. Still waiting on my jason skin. Hopefully can get a few matches in tonight. Add me on Steam anyone

Sean Johnstone

glow

Banned
I think the info about single player in the OP might be outdated. I've read some disappointing comments from the devs in recent months that said single player will be nothing more than bots despite them saying earlier it would be single player missions *and* bots. We'll find out, I guess. Knowing the devs track history I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully we'll see something by fall.

UMu7Jox.png

Im sorry but what the fuck is happening to those horrible modelled characters :O

EDIT seems they look much better in the trailer, strange. Although lol at that telephone animation.

mas8705

Kind of weird that Friday the 13th doesn't have the preload option right now (or at least not from what I can tell from some locations like Major Nelson). Hell, Agents of Mayhem and even Hello Neighbor just got the option for a preload this week (and those won't be out until August).

Still, as long as Friday the 13th is at a decent price, I'll give it a fair shot. Hell knows that I've loved the various videos that have been posted and it could be fun to run from Jason or to just kill random players as Jason. Hopefully that asking price won't be too out there (or at least if it is, we can hopefully wait for physical copies, although I haven't heard much on that as well too I think...)

glow

Banned
The guy in the plad shirt in the blown up image to the left is a friend of minds lol. I am about to suggest to him that he should join GAF.

Your friend must be loaded. I think you had to donate $10,000 to the kickstarter to have your own in-game character.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Kind of weird that Friday the 13th doesn't have the preload option right now (or at least not from what I can tell from some locations like Major Nelson). Hell, Agents of Mayhem and even Hello Neighbor just got the option for a preload this week (and those won't be out until August).

Still, as long as Friday the 13th is at a decent price, I'll give it a fair shot. Hell knows that I've loved the various videos that have been posted and it could be fun to run from Jason or to just kill random players as Jason. Hopefully that asking price won't be too out there (or at least if it is, we can hopefully wait for physical copies, although I haven't heard much on that as well too I think...)
They didn't have the option to put it up for pre order/pre load without delaying it an extra month.

It'll be $40 US for the digital copy, and $60 US for the physical when that's released, and those are expected much later in the year.

mas8705

They didn't have the option to put it up for pre order/pre load without delaying it an extra month.

It'll be $40 US for the digital copy, and $60 US for the physical when that's released, and those are expected much later in the year.

Thanks Xaero for the details. I'm sure there was an explanation for the preload, but I didn't know what the reasoning was. As for the pricing, I think I saw that before as well, but with the lack of actual purchasing options, I wasn't entirely sure.

Top Bottom