• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

So, in thinking I needed them for the National Dex, I actually went through a way that I spoofed all of the Mythical Pokemon events -- they were utterly identical to the events, I got cards and everything, I just had a spare DS run the event distributor...

Would those count as "legitimate"? Just mildly curious.

Tingle

So, in thinking I needed them for the National Dex, I actually went through a way that I spoofed all of the Mythical Pokemon events -- they were utterly identical to the events, I got cards and everything, I just had a spare DS run the event distributor...

No, those would not. The only exception people generally make is for cloned ones, which are sometimes considered "semi-legit". Your case might be considered the same as that.

It doesn't really matter, of course. Its all just data in the end.

Kinsei

Banned

Generally legitimate means you attended the event to get them while legal means that although you may have "cheated" to get them, they are identical to the real thing. People don't really care though as long as you don't try and trade it while saying it's legit.

No they're not if you used a cloning glitch to get them. They also hold no value to players that only collect 100% legit Pokémon.

Cloning also means they're not unique.They all have the same values which removes everything special about them when 30 other players have the same exact Pokemon.

you would literally never know it was cloned unless he told you

jax

Banned
I want to know if we're getting Mew on the RBY remakes in NA. Those were actually rare (near impossible to get) in the Gameboy days. These promotions are fun though.
I had one on my red version from one of those mall events. That shit was crazy.

Crayolan

So how many times has Gamefreak released legitimate Arceus in the USA?

There was one distributed through the Dream World in gen 5. I'm pretty sure it's still sitting in the Entralink on my copy of White.

you would literally never know it was cloned unless he told you

I wouldn't be surprised if there were ways to tell the difference. I mean it would be pretty hard to be a collector if there was no way to tell.

If you downloaded ROM images of the distribution cartridges (I assume that's a thing), I would say it's not but you got the actual cartridges I would.

mclem

Most likely a serial code in GAME.

Is it the codes themselves that are time-limited, or the period of distribution of codes? If I were to pick up a code in Feb, could I use it in March?

Or has this not been done in this form before, so we don't know?

Hegarol

Is it the codes themselves that are time-limited, or the period of distribution of codes? If I were to pick up a code in Feb, could I use it in March?

Or has this not been done in this form before, so we don't know?
We don't exactly know. But if the distribution period is until Feb 24th, it will
probably be usable till at least the end of March, usually longer.

mclem

I wouldn't be surprised if there were ways to tell the difference. I mean it would be pretty hard to be a collector if there was no way to tell.

It's hard to tell if it's a clone, but if it's a clone of a clone you'll tend to find there are certain... differences

zEmrKsE.jpg

Shit, they're using codes again? So stupid, was hoping they'd just release them over their network.

Oh well, I've got them all already, anyway.

CazTGG

Release. Them. Via. Wifi.

It's 2016 and they're still distributing these incredibly rare Pokémon at a store that not everyone may want nor be able to go to? Make them accessible via Wifi and call it a day!

There is no way if copied. A Pokemon is a line of numbers, that's it. The right order will get you the right Pokemon. The only way to know if it was cheated to get would be knowing if the person was there at the event.

Release. Them. Via. Wifi.

It's 2016 and they're still distributing these incredibly rare Pokémon at a store that not everyone may want nor be able to go to? Make them accessible via Wifi and call it a day!

Wifi is the only way I will show any interest. Pokemon hasn't really changed since the earlier days.

JoeM86

Aww man, wish I could get them but I'm not in the US. Still cool though.

It's not just the US. Here are the ones starting today:

United States: Codes at Gamestop from today until February 24th
Canada: Codes at EBGames from today until February 24th
United Kingdom: Codes at GAME from today until February 28th
Australia: Codes at EBGames from today until February 24th
Belgium/Netherlands: Codes at GameMania from today until February 24th
Italy: Codes at Gamestop from today until February 24th
Spain: Codes at GAME from today until February 24th
Portugal: Nintendo Zone at FNAC from today

Koeta

As someone who doesn't necessarily follow Pokémon news, is there a reason they refer to legendary Pokémon as "mythical"?

Was legendary unofficial classification or was this a recent change?

I was told it's because "Mythical" ones are only given away rarely by Nintendo ect, Legendary are a lot more common.

teeny

I got me my Mew today, the first legitimate one in about 16 years! Cant wait for the rest of the events this year. It's going to feel so good to complete that living Dex.

A part of me wonders where the series is going to go from here. These events coupled with the last gen mean everything is pretty much widely available. I wonder if there is a reason for that.

Gartooth

Wait you don't do a WiFi download at Gamestop, you have to get a code!? Do you need to bring a 3DS there to get it then or can I just walk in and ask?

hazukash

If it's like the Diancie distribution at EBGames over a year ago, they'll run out of Mew codes by the end of the day. I'm going on Friday, but I don't expect anything. They should just distribute them all through Nintendo Network because hoarders/resellers ruin the fun every time.

wiibomb

I know this might be a long shot, but since I do not live in US, there is no chance for me to get a mew code, anyone has one of those that can share with me please?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I got my Mew from GAME today, but didnt get one of those pamphlet/cards, which shows which Mon you've got, like I got with Hoopa. It was just a receipt with the code on. Is GAME doing the pamphlet/cards? I like collecting them.

JoeM86

I got my Mew from GAME today, but didnt get one of those pamphlet/cards, which shows which Mon you've got, like I got with Hoopa. It was just a receipt with the code on. Is GAME doing the pamphlet/cards? I like collecting them.

Some are. I didn't get one but I know someone who did. Depends if the store got them or not

Adzin

Neo Member
If any UK peeps can spare a code for Mew, I'll happily Paypal you a couple of quid for your troubles!

Top Bottom