• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

It's not just me, that's what most people experience who play the game. Talk to any high end PoE player, streamer or just in general who has played the game a long time, they will tell you the same.

I am pretty sure Zizaran does a service where he does a 6 link service for you. He takes your 1500 fusings and item, then 6 links for you. If he goes over then he will pay you the difference (he will give it back to you 6 linked), if not he keeps the fusing. He has never had to give fusings and he always comes out on top.

Let's just say that on average people do in fact fuse in 1200 fusing (even though I can tell you that the average is much lower), 1500 fusing is still a scam. GGG should just lower the guarantee fusing to 1200 fusings at Vorici.

If that's what everyone experiences the odds of 6-linking are not 1/1200. If they were, there'd be nothing deceptive about the 1200 vs 1500 gap.

Handy Fake

It's not just me, that's what most people experience who play the game. Talk to any high end PoE player, streamer or just in general who has played the game a long time, they will tell you the same.

I am pretty sure Zizaran does a service where he does a 6 link service for you. He takes your 1500 fusings and item, then 6 links for you. If he goes over then he will pay you the difference (he will give it back to you 6 linked), if not he keeps the fusing. He has never had to give fusings and he always comes out on top.

Let's just say that on average people do in fact fuse in 1200 fusing (even though I can tell you that the average is much lower), 1500 fusing is still a scam. GGG should just lower the guarantee fusing to 1200 fusings at Vorici.

I've been playing for years and have never owned a 6L, apart from the Tabula Rosa, hehe.
I can't entirely remembers the mods at this point, I am afraid.
Elemental Reflect mods on maps do for lots of people, you can get absolutely caned and one shot yourself if you hit a big mob group.

rickyson1

i'm pretty happy with vorici taking more than the average to guarantee it

it's one of those things where it's good that it's in the game if you want a guaranteed option but the balance of it should never be where you ever really "want" to use it

I think it would be pretty weird if it was 1200 instead of 1500

RF is a degen and thus cannot be reflected, so it was something else. It was in Poorjoy's, right? Enemies can really hurt there.

I see. I use Scorching Ray too so it may have been that. Or I may haver overlooked Ele Vulnerability. I feel like I was pretty sure there were no specific mana/life degen mods.

It was a silly thing to do. I was frustrated and decided to jump it before cooking dinner without paying as much attention as I normally would.

JoeMartin

I see. I use Scorching Ray too so it may have been that. Or I may haver overlooked Ele Vulnerability. I feel like I was pretty sure there were no specific mana/life degen mods.

It was a silly thing to do. I was frustrated and decided to jump it before cooking dinner without paying as much attention as I normally would.

Scorching Ray damage is not reflected. Damage must be dealt by a hit to be reflected or provide leech.

rickyson1

I feel like I need to make a new character or something

ever since I got my headhunter i've gone from being super addicted to this game to playing like a half hour a day

JoeMartin

I'm running an Arc witch and I may as well bend over and take it if I attempt an Ele. Ref. map.

Arc hits, so it will reflect damage. But yeah the easy answer there is don't run ele reflect maps. The problem is when you're charging through maps and don't notice the ele reflect rare and gib yourself on it.

Handy Fake

Arc hits, so it will reflect damage. But yeah the easy answer there is don't run ele reflect maps. The problem is when you're charging through maps and don't notice the ele reflect rare and gib yourself on it.

Too true. Moderately annoying if it's a mod on one of Zana's missions as well hehe.

Rufus

ever since I got my headhunter i've gone from being super addicted to this game to playing like a half hour a day
This is me once I hit maps. I do my master's dailies, run ten maps max, then stop. Next league I'll be playing softcore for sure (third time in a row I say this) and that's going to lower my playtime further.

Dahbomb

Without clear goals in the game, it's hard to feel motivated to play more.

I feel like pushing to 100 with my Bow character this league after I kill Shaper with it. I already killed Uber Atziri, a couple of the Guardians with my other character. I am not too big on amassing a giant currency pool or going around in magic find gear farming trash mobs for loot. Once my character is good enough I set sights to higher goals.

Also need to kill Chayula but damn I am not gonna attempt that until my Chaos res is on point. Chaos damage hurts a lot in this patch.

Handy Fake

Without clear goals in the game, it's hard to feel motivated to play more.

I feel like pushing to 100 with my Bow character this league after I kill Shaper with it. I already killed Uber Atziri, a couple of the Guardians with my other character. I am not too big on amassing a giant currency pool or going around in magic find gear farming trash mobs for loot. Once my character is good enough I set sights to higher goals.

Also need to kill Chayula but damn I am not gonna attempt that until my Chaos res is on point. Chaos damage hurts a lot in this patch.

Chaos res. seems a lot harder to come by this time. I'm up at about 65% after mopping up all the nearby passives and trying to get it on as much armour as possible.

Dahbomb

Bro that's way too much Chaos res!

You only need Chaos res to be a bit above 0% 0% is where it is balanced around.

My character has like -40% chaos res and I am fine with that for now until I have to fight like Chayula or Chimera.

Handy Fake

My character has like -40% chaos res and I am fine with that for now until I have to fight like Chayula or Chimera.

Enough eshmough. Come at me chaos-boys.

Baliis

Tbh I'd even say it's balanced around -60, I've never had any problems with it on any char. Never tried Chayula though but that's more of a special case.

Started playing this on Xbone the other night.. is there a way on console versions to make the text bigger? Was really squinting to see text and stats.

Dahbomb

Yeah you can have no Chaos res and be fine. But you are more likely to get hit by some random stuff and die. Best example is that Bird boss in the Canyon map, if you have the map shaped then his Caustic Arrow is going to hit you for like half of your HP. I can't tell you how many times I have died to that boss... LOL!

Deadly

Yeah you can have no Chaos res and be fine. But you are more likely to get hit by some random stuff and die. Best example is that Bird boss in the Canyon map, if you have the map shaped then his Caustic Arrow is going to hit you for like half of your HP. I can't tell you how many times I have died to that boss... LOL!
I fucking hate that map. I would always kill the other boss first but then I discovered it made the bird even stronger. Definitely on my avoid list

It's really frustrating how map drops work. I'm on to tier 8-9 maps and I still have never even seen a Strand (6) or Armoury (7). No way I am vendoring 3 spider forests either.

Feels like my best chance is to just wait until Zana sells one.

Dahbomb

It's really frustrating how map drops work. I'm on to tier 8-9 maps and I still have never even seen a Strand (6) or Armoury (7). No way I am vendoring 3 spider forests either.

Feels like my best chance is to just wait until Zana sells one.
Where on the Atlas are you? You need to be doing Dunes map to get Strand maps.

iamblades

Tbh I'd even say it's balanced around -60, I've never had any problems with it on any char. Never tried Chayula though but that's more of a special case.

Yeah the vast majority of chaos sources are just shit that you shouldn't be standing in, and what isn't is almost all degen, so it's not like it's going to one shot you, usually. Unlike, say lightning damage crits.

But now burning ground is double shit, because it interupts your ES regen, on top of tanking your framerate. XC

I have found that Immune to burning ground is by far the most useful Minor pantheon power for me. Well now I am using Redblade Tramplers but it certainly was until then.

Kadin

Path Notes are live for the Xbox One update coming tomorrow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1998872

Some quick highlights...

Added a greater degree of control to movement. You will now move shorter distances if you only partially move the control stick in a direction.
'Abandon Mission' will no longer be highlighted by default when accepting a Masters mission.
Added the ability to rearrange your stash tabs. Press LB or RB to move your current tab left or right respectively.
Added a range of new item filters as designed by community member Neversink.
Added filter options for the Divination Card stash tab.

And a TON of bug fixes...

Handy Fake

I could be swimming around in the shit that turned Napier into the Joker in Batman at the minute. Fuck that, I'd be doing a slow backstroke and and gargling it as I go.

Kyougar

what is the best place to farm with 68?

I am an ED Trickster and doing 2200 dps (2200 on the tooltip, 6800 on the description) on essence drain and 1100 on contagion. My gear is shit.
Should I dual wield daggers or take a shield?

And how should I ever get over a thousand fusion links? I currently have 10

I think this is, by far, the best rare item I have ever found.

ouf5sqW.png

JoeMartin

So I've completely rethought my doryani's fist build, respecced into Assassin/Berserker, spent a few hours in PoB tuning it up, found out that Inquisitor/Marauder is better, and that inquisitor starting area is much better, decided to see if I could make it work up there with a marauder only to find out that, to everyone's complete and total shock I'm sure, running the build as a straight berserker is better.

Like, significantly better. More life. Way more damage. Way more leech. The only thing I don't have anymore is acrobatics which I haven't missed at all. I get to pick up both AoE wheels too, which means I can run conc effect all the time without really feeling it, which is ridiculous as well. So naturally I've completely respecced my AW serker into a demon asshole flatfisting zerker.

I'm writing up a guide for the PoE forums for both, but here's a preview of the the trees I've settled on. The numbers for both of these are from the gear I'm currently wearing, nothing ridiculous mirror tier.

StarVigil

I'm also mostly done with what I wanted out of my first season with the shaper kill and a mostly completed atlas aside from 5 unique maps.
So I sold all of my doomflech gear for 2.3k chaos and got good gear for my new blade flurry character. Thanks Mathil1, I think I understand how this game works now.

JoeMartin

Talking about resistances: What is the optimum for all resistances?

I've reached Act 6 yesterday and putting -30% on all resistances felt like a cheap way to raise the difficulty.

I immediately fiddled around with some rings, necklaces and belts to get my resistances up.

Finally :D

After you finish the last act your resistances are going to again be lowered by 30% (to -60% base). The cap (75% nominally) is the baseline you need to be at endgame, otherwise you'll just spend a lot of time dying to elemental damage.

TheKeyPit

Banned
After you finish the last act your resistances are going to again be lowered by 30% (to -60% base). The cap (75% nominally) is the baseline you need to be at endgame, otherwise you'll just spend a lot of time dying to elemental damage.
75% after using a flask? Would that be okay? (I have a +35% on Resistances flask)

Dahbomb

No 75% all the time. Can't rely on flasks all the time.

For Cruel and early merciless it's fine to have lower than 75% but once you get into end game mapping you want that cap.

Really not that hard to get close to caps. I've got over 100% on all my elemental res before caps and after the penalties, and I'm only Lv73.

Purity of Elements alone grant +20% to everything at Lv1. You can use specific Purity auras if only one element is lacking.

JoeMartin

75% after using a flask? Would that be okay? (I have a +35% on Resistances flask)

Keep in mind that you'll be taking 160% more elemental damage than you otherwise would be if your flask is down, would that you're relying on that 35% to make the cap.

Generally it's inadvisable to rely on flasks for meeting resistance caps. Even endurance charges is iffy if you don't have a rocksolid method for maintaining.

The hurdle seems pretty large at first, but it's easy enough to find the resistances on gear/jewels/the tree.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'll keep my eye out for gear with resistances.

The patch changes for Xbox sound good. Making Harbingers a little bit harder but more rewarding. Fixed inventory controls + fixed instance crashes(I had a lot of those).

Edit: I'm excited for the new loot filters.

danowat

Banned
Excellent XBO patch, so much for so little, I feel I want to give something back, for a new player, what would be the best way to spend some money in the game?

Eridani

Excellent XBO patch, so much for so little, I feel I want to give something back, for a new player, what would be the best way to spend some money in the game?

A currency stash tab is the best. Without it you start filling normal tabs with currency pretty quickly. After that, a premium tab for trading (not sure how it works on XBO, but I think you need one for selling items) and a couple of extra stash tabs. People also recommend a divination tab, but I've been playing for quite a bit now and I still haven't come close to filling out a tab with cards, so I'd save that for later.

danowat

Banned
A currency stash tab is the best. Without it you start filling normal tabs with currency pretty quickly. After that, a premium tab for trading (not sure how it works on XBO, but I think you need one for selling items) and a couple of extra stash tabs. People also recommend a divination tab, but I've been playing for quite a bit now and I still haven't come close to filling out a tab with cards, so I'd save that for later.

Great, thanks, I'll get those ASAP!

iamblades

You actually want to be well over cap to do all map mods and to deal with curses. I mean technically i think you need like nearly 300% resistance to deal with elemental weakness, elemental equilibrium, and curses simultaneously. in the real would you get a map with all those mods on it, you throw it in the trash. :p

It's really not that hard once you start getting high ilvl rares, which can have 40%+ to resists on them.

It's really easy if you take the alira reward and you have any resists on your tree, but its not mandatory.

Handy Fake

You actually want to be well over cap to do all map mods and to deal with curses. I mean technically i think you need like nearly 300% resistance to deal with elemental weakness, elemental equilibrium, and curses simultaneously. in the real would you get a map with all those mods on it, you throw it in the trash. :p

It's really not that hard once you start getting high ilvl rares, which can have 40%+ to resists on them.

It's really easy if you take the alira reward and you have any resists on your tree, but its not mandatory.

I try every league, and I can never bring myself to do it.

iamblades

I try every league, and I can never bring myself to do it.
Yeah I only go alira if I'm doing a really crit reliant build, the resists aren't worth going that way.

My current build has like nearly 200 resists at level 72 with relatively mediocre gear without alira, it's not that difficult unless your build requires a bunch of specific uniques that don't give resists.

Handy Fake

Yeah I only go alira if I'm doing a really crit reliant build, the resists aren't worth going that way.

My current build has like nearly 200 resists at level 72 with relatively mediocre gear without alira, it's not that difficult unless your build requires a bunch of specific uniques that don't give resists.

My build is a self-found and it's absolute bollocks, hehe. Although I'm at Lvl82 and clearing level 6 maps, but my damage is only about 10k. I can do it, it just takes a lot of running around and dying a bit, hehe.

Top Bottom