• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zelda TP spoiler thread: ALL SPOILERS IN HERE OR ELSE (late game spoilers itt)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Spoilers go here, I don't wanna see a damn spoiler in another thread. If you do, bannination until ps3 comes out in europe.

Kangu

Banned
After reading the thread that spawned this thread I think I have some more delicious spoilers for the GAF community:

-Link gets BOMBS!
-Link gets a HOOKSHOT!
-Link gets a BOW!
-Link gets a BOOMERANG!
-Link gets a HAMMER!
-Link gets some KIND OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT!

I hope I didn't spoil too much.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
CajoleJuice said:
I meant in the other threads.

People would rather you just not post them then be tempted, you can post spoilers here without spoiler tags.

sp0rsk said:
People would rather you just not post them then be tempted, you can post spoilers here without spoiler tags.
Alrighty then. I'm not going to post any spoilers myself, as I'm getting the GC version, I was just wondering if I would be tempted or not. Guess not, and that's wonderful.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
tingle is actually the main character for this game, Ninty pulled a Kojima! :eek:

Verboten said:
I really, really hope that Midna doesn't turn out to be Zelda. They gotta stop with that crap.

That's impossible.
Both Midna and Zelda exist in the Twilight world. Princess Zelda exists in her human form for some ungiven reason. Midna, on the other hand is a resident of the Twilight Realm.

Brobzoid

gamergirly said:
Both Midna and Zelda exist in the Twilight world. Princess Zelda exists in her human form for some ungiven reason. Midna, on the other hand is a resident of the Twilight Realm.

Legacy of Zelda: triforce Reaver?

Brobzoid said:
Legacy of Zelda: triforce Reaver?

Well, that's what Aunoma or that other guy said a year and a half ago at E3 2005 :lol . Who knows what has changed since then. Theyve purposedly left out any hints or scenes that relates to when all of that happens. All you know is that Link
changes into a wolf(Im spoilering this as it could be considered a spoiler) whenever he enters the Twilight Realm with Midna riding on top of him.

Brobzoid

did anyone of you read the Link to the Past comic that (at least) the official nintendo magazine in norway printed in the '90? It had Link undergo a slow transformation while he was in the dark world. dark fur and ****ed up in the head, I think... :\ Someone clearify and post some scans.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
sp0rsk said:
Spoilers go here, I don't wanna see a damn spoiler in another thread. If you do, bannination until ps3 comes out in europe.
I don't care what everybody else says...sp0rsk you kick ass.

My last post in this thread seeing as I won't be touching any Zelda related threads until after December 1.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Jive Turkey said:
My last post in this thread seeing as I won't be touching any Zelda related threads until after December 1.
i'll be sure to send you PMs with all the most important spoilers in the title then. :)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Martoo said:
If you hold in the button for a while, then let go, link spins around in a circle.
no, they replaced it with wggling, you have to spin yourself around in a circle in your living room to do the spin attack.

all kidding aside I hope the moon pearl comes back :(

Xdrive05

scola said:
no, they replaced it with wggling, you have to spin yourself around in a circle in your living room to do the spin attack.

But what is the actual spin atack now? Shake the nunchuck in a circle or something?

scola said:

That's even better. You will lose alot of weight before you finish. Just think 40 to 50 hours of Zelda weight training. Sure to be a hit with the Moms out there :D

ToxicAdam

raped.gif

Rydias

Brobzoid said:
did anyone of you read the Link to the Past comic that (at least) the official nintendo magazine in norway printed in the '90? It had Link undergo a slow transformation while he was in the dark world. dark fur and ****ed up in the head, I think... :\ Someone clearify and post some scans.

These are the only two times Link transforms (actually, there is another scene where I think only his hand changes).

l_zelda_comic_090.jpg

l_zelda_comic_091.jpg

Possible spoilers (!):

Midna contols minds? Maybe with that crown thing? I mean... why else would that dragon... bird... thing... allow her to control him? And with Link being held in the dragon's claws, the only possible characters we could be controlling are Midna, or the dragon. I bet it's Midna though. Imo.

castle007

Banned
the game hints at a romantic relationship between Zelda and Link. And the game has a very emotional ending where Zelda dies, but you successfully defeat Vaati and you recieve the master luminous sword which is guided by light . During your adventure you will see a land from a long distance set on a mountain, but you are forbidden to go there but you are not told why. After the credits end, a clip is shown in which Link learns from Midna that going to the forbidden land might grant you the most unusual wishes. BTW, Midna stays in the twilight realm. And shw is NOT Link's shadow as many believe. You learn in the second mode that she is Ganon's reincarnation of Ganon in the Twilight realm. And that helping you was just a setup....that leads to..

And this is when you unlock the LOZ: hope is fading, and in that mode, the true ending of the game will be achieved.

Link goes to that land and takes the dead Zelda with him. He plans to revive her there, and he takes the master sword with him. When you get there you hear Ganon's voice telling you if you want to revive Zelda you must defeat 16 giant monsters. And thus the adventure begins. Link doesn't realize that Ganon has tricked him, and at the end, you fight Ganon, and you lose. Ganon spares your life, and he keeps his promise and revives Zelda. He seals the forbidden with both Link and Zelda inside it. And then he conquers Hyrule wiht no one to stop him, and this is where the Gods step in... and the rest is known.

Link and Zelda manage to reproduce and that how life starts again, and the Gods lift the seal off of the forbidden land after hundreds of years.

castle007

Banned
bigmakstudios said:
Possible spoilers (!):

Midna contols minds? Maybe with that crown thing? I mean... why else would that dragon... bird... thing... allow her to control him? And with Link being held in the dragon's claws, the only possible characters we could be controlling are Midna, or the dragon. I bet it's Midna though. Imo.

Remember, Midna exists in the Twilight Realm, so it is possible that the dragon is simply her ally.

JCX

castle007 said:
the game hints at a romantic relationship between Zelda and Link. And the game has a very emotional ending where Zelda dies, but you successfully defeat Vaati and you recieve the master luminous sword which is guided by light . During your adventure you will see a land from a long distance set on a mountain, but you are forbidden to go there but you are not told why. After the credits end, a clip is shown in which Link learns from Midna that going to the forbidden land might grant you the most unusual wishes. BTW, Midna stays in the twilight realm. And shw is NOT Link's shadow as many believe. You learn in the second mode that she is Ganon's reincarnation of Ganon in the Twilight realm. And that helping you was just a setup....that leads to..

And this is when you unlock the LOZ: hope is fading, and in that mode, the true ending of the game will be achieved.

Link goes to that land and takes the dead Zelda with him. He plans to revive her there, and he takes the master sword with him. When you get there you hear Ganon's voice telling you if you want to revive Zelda you must defeat 16 giant monsters. And thus the adventure begins. Link doesn't realize that Ganon has tricked him, and at the end, you fight Ganon, and you lose. Ganon spares your life, and he keeps his promise and revives Zelda. He seals the forbidden with both Link and Zelda inside it. And then he conquers Hyrule wiht no one to stop him, and this is where the Gods step in... and the rest is known.

Link and Zelda manage to reproduce and that how life starts again, and the Gods lift the seal off of the forbidden land after hundreds of years.

I see what you did there...

Spoiler: Kojima is writing the story to this game and it involves Ganon threatening Hyrule with thermonuclear war and Link is sent in as a Mole to eliminate Ganon. Cue torture scenes/homages to spaghetti westerns/five hour cutscenes.

Edge this month basically tells you everything up to the first dungeon. There's some nice stuff here, so I've typed it up. If it's old...damn.
Items:
Before the first dungeon, you will have: learned combat and horse riding, aquired a fishing rod and caught fish, got a slingshot, a lantern, and a "horseshoe-shaped reed" that calls Epona, and "bird shapped reeds" that call hawks to your arm, that you can throw at bees' nests or monkeys.

Story:
You rescue a couple of children and a monkey from moblins in the woods. Link's on his way to Hyrule to deliver a sword and shield. But shit, Moblins on boars attack, abducting "Colin" and Ilia, and Link gets dragged in to the Twilight, at which point he transforms in to a wolf. He wakes up chained in the ruins of Hyrule Castle, and Midna helps him escape.

With Midna on Wolf Link, you can attack multiple enemies at once with a circular energy around Link, kinda like the spin attack, which you have to do cos the enemies in the Twilight Realm often revive their dead buddies. Wolf Link then goes to meet Zelda, who can tell from the blue eyes that he's actually Hyrule's Savior! He then goes to the non-Twilight village, still as a wolf. People are scared of Wolf Link, but he can talk to animals. He then saves the nearly-Twilight Faron Woods by hunting down shadow insects and collecting the tears of light they've consumed, restoring Light Spirits, AKA Great Fairies. The Light Spirit then makes Link human again. You're then on your way to the first dungeon.

Top Bottom