• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2010 Awards

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
AniHawk said:
Not to accuse any one fanbase of being entirely rigid or something, but there's Last Guardian, Twisted Metal (there's a Sony game I'm old enough to be nostalgic for), Killzone 3, and Uncharted 3 all hitting this year, so the votes might be split a little more than just that.
There really isn't much to accuse of, The Sony fanbase has always come out the strongest for the past 3 years. There will be those 3 or 4 exclusives hyped, and pushed enough to get in. The only question is where they place. This is dependent on how the multiplatform titles take, ex Skyrim, Batman, and Portal 2.

Wii will definitely have their token top 10 entry too, like every other year prior. There is always one Nintendo title that gets heavily backed while the rest all end far too divided. This year it's going be Zelda is all.

AniHawk said:
There's also the chance that any one of them actually underwhelms. I don't see it coming from Naughty Dog, because they've never made a bad sequel to anything, but there could be a "been there done that" feeling like what happened with SMG2.
JakII.jpg

Durante

I like to think that this far into the generation, there isn't such a large amount of "platform fanboy" voting going on, and the statistics for last year seem to at least partially confirm that.
(Nintendo got the most "exclusive" lists, and even then it was below 10% for >50% exclusive)

Anyway, there are some pretty good multiplatform contenders this year with the likes of Portal 2 and Skyrim, but personally I'm rooting for Last Guardian to actually come out, be even just half as amazing as I expect it to be, and pull a surprise win. (And that has nothing at all to do with platform favoritism)

AniHawk

Durante said:
I like to think that this far into the generation, there isn't such a large amount of "platform fanboy" voting going on, and the statistics for last year seem to at least partially confirm that.
(Nintendo got the most "exclusive" lists, and even then it was below 10% for >50% exclusive)

Anyway, there are some pretty good multiplatform contenders this year with the likes of Portal 2 and Skyrim, but personally I'm rooting for Last Guardian to actually come out, be even just half as amazing as I expect it to be, and pull a surprise win. (And that has nothing at all to do with platform favoritism)

This year is actually pretty awesome looking for action-adventure games, ports/remakes included.

BGE HD
OoT 3D
Skyward Sword
Okamiden
Team Ico Pack HD
Last Guardian
Beyond Good & Evil 2

Fuck yeah

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Sam said:
I really liked Jak II. Don't tell anybody. Please don't tell anybody.
lots of eleven year olds liked Jak 2

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I would love to know why the fuck Trackmania Turbo (DS) which had my vote as number4 iirc and is rules' complaint as was my post formatting, is actually nowhere to be found on the lists.
WTF, I specifically wanted to give that game and the devs some much deserved recognition; after the disappointment of its prequel I had little hope and instead it came out as one my fav game ever on DS, I spent probably more than 70hours on it and I'm still playing it.
Anyway, why isn't on the list? I sure voted it.

Dash Kappei said:
I would love to know why the fuck Trackmania Turbo (DS) which had my vote as number4 iirc and is rules' complaint as was my post formatting, is actually nowhere to be found on the lists.
WTF, I specifically wanted to give that game and the devs some much deserved recognition; after the disappointment of its prequel I had little hope and instead it came out as one my fav game ever on DS, I spent probably more than 70hours on it and I'm still playing it.
Anyway, why isn't on the list? I sure voted it.

Here's your post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25292492&postcount=1390

Here's what we tracked:
1. Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor (AS) - 4 points
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (AS) - 3 points
3. Vanquish (AS) - 3 points
4. Dodonpachi Resurrection (AS) - 2 points
5. Bayonetta (AS) - 2 points
6. Gran Turismo 5 (AS) - 2 points
7. God of War III (NA) - 1 point
8. Donkey Kong Country Returns (NA) - 1 point
9. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (AS) - 1 point
10. Heavy Rain (EU) - 1 point

The problem with your ballot: You had two titles listed at #5 -- both Bayonetta and Trackmania Turbo DS, so you actually had 11 titles listed. We took the first one listed at #5 and ignored the second one.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
timetokill said:
Here's your post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25292492&postcount=1390

Here's what we tracked:
1. Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor (AS) - 4 points
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (AS) - 3 points
3. Vanquish (AS) - 3 points
4. Dodonpachi Resurrection (AS) - 2 points
5. Bayonetta (AS) - 2 points
6. Gran Turismo 5 (AS) - 2 points
7. God of War III (NA) - 1 point
8. Donkey Kong Country Returns (NA) - 1 point
9. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (AS) - 1 point
10. Heavy Rain (EU) - 1 point

The problem with your ballot: You had two titles listed at #5 -- both Bayonetta and Trackmania Turbo DS, so you actually had 11 titles listed. We took the first one listed at #5 and ignored the second one.

WTF
confirmed, I'm fucking retarded.
I must have copy/pasted the non-edited Up4Goty2010.txt instead of the latest one GOTY2010.txt.
Sorry about this mess, in the end I should be glad my post didn't get completely invalidated, thanks.

Dash Kappei said:
WTF
confirmed, I'm fucking retarded.
I must have copy/pasted the non-edited Up4Goty2010.txt instead of the latest one GOTY2010.txt.
Sorry about this mess, in the end I should be glad my post didn't get completely invalidated, thanks.

No problem... sorry it didn't work out!

63. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat 51

holy crap, gaf is the worst. also the points for call of pripyat were counted wrong, but it's above 60 regardless. terrible.

cantona222

There is one interesting thing that I noticed in the top 10 games.

Only 2 games out of 10 were released in the Fall season (Oct-Dec). That means the videogame industry is spreading the quality games through out the year:

1. Mass Effect 2 (January)
2. Red Dead Redemption (May)
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (May)
4. Bayonetta (January)
5. God of War III (March)
6. Heavy Rain (February)
7. Halo: Reach (September)
8. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (July)
9. Super Meat Boy (October)
10. Gran Turismo 5 (November)

That means only 20% of the top 10 games are released in the fall.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
and of those two one is a lowish-budget downloadable game. so basically, one game in the traditional sense of the 'holiday season blockbuster'.

GhaleonQ

cantona222 said:
Only 2 games out of 10 were released in the Fall season (Oct-Dec). That means the videogame industry is spreading the quality games through out the year:

That means only 20% of the top 10 games are released in the fall.

cantona222 said:
1. Mass Effect 2 (January)
4. Bayonetta (January)
5. God of War III (March)
6. Heavy Rain (February)

Was it accidental, though?

Top Bottom