• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition PC Requirements (does not run on Windows XP)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gr/en/pc/games/action/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition/

Price: 29.99 €

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Intel Core Duo, 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2, 2.8 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS / AMD Radeon 3850
DirectX: DX 10
Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0c and below not supported

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i5 750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 6950
DirectX: DX 11

560 as recommended for a UE3 game? DX11 recommended? No XP support?
We are either looking at a properly upgraded PC port or a rushed PC port.

Good, fuck XP

Most likely a rushed port, however

Can't wait for the game to maybe have resolution options(which won't support my monitors native resolution) and to run like poo

i hope it turns out okay

M*A*S*H

So when this sells poorly because it's a shoddy port, what's the excuse going to be? No market for fighting games on pc or good old reliable piracy?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is the lack of XP support really thread title worthy? It's a 12 year old OS and Windows 7 is 3 years old at this point.

Now if we could only get developers to move over to 64-bit only versions... It's been over a decade since 64-bit became a thing on PCs... I want to be able to access more than 4GB of memory in my games please! (it's a serious issue when modding many games).

Oneironaut

Neo Member
You can get it down to $22.50 with the current discount code on the GMG front page(GMG25-2G9OL-15PO7). That's not a whole lot more than a new copy of the console version goes for on Amazon.

I'm really hoping the port is well-done, as I've been wanting a new fighting game on PC for a while. Both Mortal Kombat and Skullgirls look like they could be great.

You can get it down to $22.50 with the current discount code on the GMG front page(GMG25-2G9OL-15PO7). That's not a whole lot more than a new copy of the console version goes for on Amazon.

I'm really hoping the port is well-done, as I've been wanting a new fighting game on PC for a while. Both Mortal Kombat and Skullgirls look like they could be great.
The Beta for Skullgirls starts on Monday. The sprites are even being upped to 1080p for the PC version. It will be good.

Khezu

High voltage software is porting it, so I'm not really expecting much

But on the other hand, its UE3, you have to go out of your way to fuck that up.

antitrop

Recommendation is not Requirement.
Which is why I'm comparing it to the Recommendations of other UE3 games and trying to wonder how they came up with a 560.

A UE3 game like Bulletstorm from 2011 only recommends a GTX 260. So what makes MK9 so special?

It's not that I'm mad; I have a GTX 590, I'm not worried about the reqs. I just find it extremely odd.

Addnan

Seems like pretty standard system requirements..

Core2Duo/8800 as minimum and i5/560 as recommended.

Which is why I'm comparing it to the Recommendations of other UE3 games and trying to wonder how they came up with a 560.
Borderlands 2 recommends GTX560

Or one where they simply thought the additional testing load for a 12 year old OS was not worth it.

But I'm not talking about the XP incompatibility (alone). If the game recommends a GTX 560 they better have put some nice enhancements in it. Because if the improvements over the console version are 1080p and FXAA I'm going to LOL.

Top Bottom