• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Order soda pop online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalAlien

Banned
Alright the old cereal thread made me think about snacks I can't get anymore.

Mr. Pibb.... not Pibb Xtra.. Although I guess that would do...

You can't get either of those in Vegas in a can or bottle.. Xtra at some fast food places, fountain drink only.... pisses me off.. I did a google...but I can't find a place to order main stream soda and have it delivered.

You guys know of some place?

Tarazet

Amazon just launched a grocery department, but they don't carry any sodas yet. Bevmo.com would be a good bet, but they don't seem to carry Mr. Pibb... check froogle.google.com maybe?

MetalAlien

Banned
I'll check it out thanks... I can't believe in the billion years of the internet you still can't order soda...

Not to single out soda, but I was under the impression anything and everything was up for grabs. :)

bluemax

Banned
There's an awesome store here in LA that stocks nothing but soda and they sell most everything (or will sell it if asked).

Sadly I forgot the name and if they have a wbesite...

MetalAlien

Banned
I found a few places that will let you order Soda I've never heard of... but not mainstream stuff yet... kinda odd, surely since certain flavors are not availible everywhere there is a market for this? People move, you hear me Coca Cola!?!

goodcow

sonarrat said:
Amazon just launched a grocery department, but they don't carry any sodas yet.

Having been in E-Mail contact with the director of the grocery section, I can tell you it's going to be a while until they add soda, simply because the shipping costs are far too great across multiple UPS Zones.

I suggested they therefore don't stock sodas you can get on sale for cheap at Target, but instead more specialty sodas, such as Dublin Dr. Pepper, GUS (Grown Up Soda), etc. and it's been taken under consideration, though again, the shipping costs at the moment are too high.

SODA POP!

Sick and tired of hearing all these people talk about
What's the deal with this pop life?
And when is it going to fade out?

Ecrofirt

goodcow said:
Having been in E-Mail contact with the director of the grocery section, I can tell you it's going to be a while until they add soda, simply because the shipping costs are far too great across multiple UPS Zones.

I suggested they therefore don't stock sodas you can get on sale for cheap at Target, but instead more specialty sodas, such as Dublin Dr. Pepper, GUS (Grown Up Soda), etc. and it's been taken under consideration, though again, the shipping costs at the moment are too high.

Good lord, goodcow.

Honestly, have they hired you yet? You should really apply for some kind of marketing position there.

temp

posting on contract only
Well Safeway online carries Pibb Xtra, but doesn't ship to Nevada, and Albertsons online ships to Nevada but doesn't carry Mr. Pibb or Pibb Xtra, so I didn't help you at all.

MetalAlien

Banned
temp said:
Well Safeway online carries Pibb Xtra, but doesn't ship to Nevada, and Albertsons online ships to Nevada but doesn't carry Mr. Pibb or Pibb Xtra, so I didn't help you at all.

I have a feeling it will be like this everywhere... :(

border

I don't think soda has a shelf-life of more than a year or so -- so if you want stuff that's been out of production, it probably won't taste that good.

eBay is nice for vintage sodas, though.

MetalAlien

Banned
border said:
I don't think soda has a shelf-life of more than a year or so -- so if you want stuff that's been out of production, it probably won't taste that good.

eBay is nice for vintage sodas, though.

I thought they still made nomral Mr. Pibb for some markets? Pibb xtra will do though.. although it sucks compared to MP.

Ronabo

According to sodafinder.com

"The following items are no longer produced and will never be available on the site: Surge, O.K. Soda, Crystal Pepsi, and Fanta Red Cream Soda. Single full cans of Mr. Green, Dr. Slice, New Coke / Coke II, Josta, and Original Mr. Pibb are available as collectors items for $100 per can, but otherwise not sold for consumption. Drink at your own risk."

MetalAlien

Banned
temp said:
What is Pibb Xtra? From the name, it sounds like Mr. Pibb + caffeine.

Sweeter, and more of everything... design to take on Mt Dew I think... ruined it for the most part... I would rather have that than nothing I guess. Dr. Pepper is my second choice... I'll always have that.

Ronabo said:
According to sodafinder.com

"The following items are no longer produced and will never be available on the site: Surge, O.K. Soda, Crystal Pepsi, and Fanta Red Cream Soda. Single full cans of Mr. Green, Dr. Slice, New Coke / Coke II, Josta, and Original Mr. Pibb are available as collectors items for $100 per can, but otherwise not sold for consumption. Drink at your own risk."

Coke is bad about that... just leave shit alone!

MrDaravon

Mr. Pibb is awesome. Pibb Xtra is crap, it tastes like watered down Dr. Pepper. I haven't been able to find Mr. Pibb in years, so sad :(

temp

posting on contract only
MetalAlien said:
Sweeter, and more of everything... design to take on Mt Dew I think... ruined it for the most part... I would rather have that than nothing I guess. Dr. Pepper is my second choice... I'll always have that.
Oh, I wouldn't have figured. Maybe you can make your own moonshine Mr. Pibb in your basement.

Vexidus

I'm still a little bent about this one..

I was reading root beer reviews at one site and the reviews for Hank's Root Beer and Cream Soda were gleaming so I wanted to try it! Where I live it's very rare to find actually good cream sodas and root beers.. I went to Hank's root beer website and to my astonishment, they sell online!!

http://www.hanksbeverages.com/store/

Check it out, you can buy 12 packs of single flavours, a pack that has 2 of each flavour, friggen dream come true for me!!

I was so looking forward to trying beverages such as: Hank's Premium Root Beer, Hank's Premium Vanilla Cream (!), Hank's Premium Island Fruit Punch, Hank's Premium Citrus Soda, Hank's Premium Highland Berry, etc..

So I was making the order, and !!!! to my anguish, I find out that they don't ship to Canada! ARRRRRGH!!!!!!!!! I was soooooooooo pissed, and saddened.. :(

The best pop I can buy here is Stewart's Root Beer, and Stewart's Key Lime Soda which is pretty good but omfg I want to try vanilla cream soda, and some high quality root beer!

:(

optimiss

Try this place. They carry out of production sodas and may be able to get you what you want
even if he doesn't have it currently in stock. This is for hardcore soda afficianados.

http://www.sodafinder.com/

Edit:

They do have one 12 pack left....only $650!!!!

fse

optimiss said:
Try this place. They carry out of production sodas and may be able to get you what you want
even if he doesn't have it currently in stock. This is for hardcore soda afficianados.

Edit:

wii2.jpg

oh god...

MetalAlien

Banned
optimiss said:

Edit:

Holy shit. it's actually the most expensive soda on that website! I had no idea there was enough demand to justify that price.... why exactly did they do away with Mr. Pibb?

Anyway, that's not exactly what I am looking for. I don't want to buy old soda. I was hoping for a major commerical website that sells fresh soda and shipped it like they do with almost everything else you can buy..

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom