• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Oh my lawd. Volskaya....

*ahem*

So it starts out as Volskaya on Defense. We have a pretty reasonable comp, but get absolutely melted and lost A and B with then having like 6.36 left. It felt like game over, pack up and go home.

BUT NO.

I go Lucio for boosts and we push well on A, don't quite take it but things are getting interesting. They have triple tank though and we're lacking in outright DPS (we had someone with like a bajillion hours on Widow and a Genji whose game bugged outt on him so he was basically afk for a minute)....so I switch to Zen for Transcendence but also Discord Orb to help burst down the Tanks and snipe their pretty godly Ana. We end up miraculously taking A and B only about 10 secs slower than they did. It seems like the game is back on.

BUT NO.

We hold out at A for about 6 mins, really, really wellr...but we lose A and they rush us so hard on B it we just struggle, but we just about manage to hold it. Until overtime. Fucking. Overtime. A Hanzo Ult that zones us leaves me (still Zen) to go full Kamehameha and I take down Roadhog and D.va and almost get Rein, before their Soldier appears outta fucking nowhere and bye-bye me, bye bye B. 4-2, feels like its all over.

BUT NO.

With the team firing on all cylinders we're like a max level MMO character ganking low level scrubs, it's DOUBLE KILL here and there, Mercy using revives in a clutch and it goes so well. Back to 4-4. How much more can my heart take.

It ends up a draw, both teams collapse. Might not be an SR loss, or gain but damn. These matches make Comp so good sometimes.

Edit: Oh, for PC stuff... PC(EU) BossDarkseid#2901

OT8 Wall of Shame:

4EPTVHE.png

Ayy, made it but right in the middle, just like my plat rank!

:/

Also D.Va can really handle dive comps. It's nice.

Maybe I should stop playing Shieldman and go back to killing things instead of trying to keep the other team from killing us...

Played four solo comp games last night. Dropped 8 SR.

Felt like a really good use of my time!

So has Blizzard mentioned anything about stats not updating on Overbuff, Oversumo, etc?
It came up in Kaplan's reddit AMA. He says one thing he wishes is that they could give these sites more accurate and complete stats. He mentioned that they're significantly skewed toward upper-tier players.

Also, from looking at those sites recently, I'm realizing that they're basically terrible at tracking heroes played and wins accurately, especially if you switch heroes in-game.

ohkay

How long does the post placement SR bonus last this season? Hopefully I can take advantage of it this time instead of starting off on a losing streak

Jellie

How long does the post placement SR bonus last this season? Hopefully I can take advantage of it this time instead of starting off on a losing streak

25 games I think. I've heard that number mentioned and mine seemed to end around there.

LiK

D.va is still a really good hero. You just need to be more mobile with her and learn to manage her DM more after the nerf.

hah. i actually tried her when they first changed her DM. i think i gave up once i tried to use her ult. embarrassing. couldn't go back.

You'll feel invincible when you have a good team and good healers that can keep you alive so you can go ham.

You'll feel useless when you get hard countered/focused and your team does nothing to help you and doesn't play as a unit.

People have a few good games on a hero and routinely come back with "WOW THIS HERO CAN CARRY HARDDDDD", but reality, especially as it relates to OW and "carrying", is a bit more nuanced.

She also feels really good when you have a solid Tracer on your team. Keep bubbles on Cheers Love, generate charge, clean up stragglers when the enemy team starts to scatter because the Calvary's Here.

MartyStu

Oh my god

I finally found out whats wrong

I have a broken controller. It's really subtle, to the point where I didn't even notice it, but the left stick, when it's pushed farthest jumps slightly between fully forward and partially forward. I noticed this whenever I left the base, just walking forward, but I had assumed it was lag, because I never noticed it during the chaos of combat.

I only realized it now that I'm trying to play Nioh and my character can't keep a full running animation for more than a second before slowing down, then running again.

Holy christ. It wasn't me sucking. All this time, it wasn't me sucking!

(
it might have still been me sucking, but harder than I should be
)

That's rough buddy.

raw

is me, as Mercy, when I am zooming towards the team to use a clutch revive, only to get juggled out of the way by a Roadhog Ult, into a Pharah Ult

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
had a great genji player on my team today.
got carried.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5F0Rf-wHMA&feature=youtu.be

A good Genji player is actually the hardest for me to deal with. Last comp game, the other team had one. Combined with the Sombra, they went from Overtime on the first route, to near completion at the end. It shut my soldier down pretty well.

For some reason, they switched off Genji on the first point on Defense to a Lucio. When their Genji went, my soldier took control of the game. Went from Overtime on the first point, to a minute+ less. With me racking up some 30kills between just those two points.

Console plebs like me, what sensitivity do you play at?

I'm at 35v/50h myself for most characters. Genji is something like 45v/60h. Rein/sym/winston and the like are 70/70.

Skii

8th on the wall of shame. Was expecting higher tbh.

Made it back to diamond after placing low platinum lol. I never earnt less than 40 SR and for a couple of games I got 100 SR+ because of win streak.

I'll make a push for masters but will be happy with mid diamond.

bought an SSD (should have already but meh) to see if it can alleviate some of the recent issues i've been having. remind myself to fix mouse sensitivity and key mapping.

What is the next upcoming western holiday that will most likely result in a seasonal event?
Since we get Orisa in March I wonder what is coming up for April. Easter event?

Please no, save the event for the 1 year anniversary (no more bullshit back to back events please, my wallet can't take it). I'd be fine with a new map.

Man what is up low master players thinking they can do whatever they want not caring about comp and thinking its all okay cause youre disconnected from voice chat before match.

Honestly its like as soon as they get into masters you can pick 3 or 4 dps and expect everyone else to change.

AbaFadi

Banned
Man what is up low master players thinking they can do whatever they want not caring about comp and thinking its all okay cause youre disconnected from voice chat before match.

Honestly its like as soon as they get into masters you can pick 3 or 4 dps and expect everyone else to change.

Low masters has all the people who grow a big ego because they think they're super good at the game now and can carry if they instalock DPS.

hypernima

Banned
Console plebs like me, what sensitivity do you play at?

I'm at 35v/50h myself for most characters. Genji is something like 45v/60h. Rein/sym/winston and the like are 70/70.

most 75/75

ana 75/75/90 zoomed same for widow

Pharah 90/90, helps a lot for quick manuvering and 180s.

komaruR

Thinking about remaking the GAF discord since the one we had was around launch and a lot of people who joined completely bailed on that. Thoughts?

a whole of unactive users there i guess. not a bad chioce to start a fresh one. perhaps have a console/ps4/xbox one/ channel too incase people wanna chat there? but i bet people will do it here instead lol.

so are we like making a new excel spreadsheet of current active players in this thread now?

finalflame

Gold Member
Oh I'm not one of those players that thinks you can win a game of Overwatch singlehandedly.

I just mean that she can enable a lot of clutch plays with her bubbles and ultimate, and if enabled by her team she can snowball. Playing her just makes me feel like I have a much more active role in my team's success compared to Rein. Though I haven't taken her into competitive yet.

She's definitely a huge utility to her team, and with a good/decent team, can be constantly melting enemies. It feels reaaaaally good when you clutch as Zarya :)

She also feels really good when you have a solid Tracer on your team. Keep bubbles on Cheers Love, generate charge, clean up stragglers when the enemy team starts to scatter because the Calvary's Here.

Love having a ballsy tracer I can pocket shield for energy, but sometimes I have to play more defensively with my bubbles (damn you, Roadhog).

A good Genji player is actually the hardest for me to deal with. Last comp game, the other team had one. Combined with the Sombra, they went from Overtime on the first route, to near completion at the end. It shut my soldier down pretty well.

For some reason, they switched off Genji on the first point on Defense to a Lucio. When their Genji went, my soldier took control of the game. Went from Overtime on the first point, to a minute+ less. With me racking up some 30kills between just those two points.

an amazing genji player is hard for anyone and any team to deal with, at all levels apparently

an amazing genji player is hard for anyone and any team to deal with, at all levels apparently
Coming toward me, jumps at just the right time to avoid my damage.
Dashes through me - where'd he go?
Probably behind me.
Nope, not there either.
Above me?
I'll never know because I'm dead.

Good Genji players are terrifying, but I'll still fight a Genji over a Tracer any day.

Coming toward me, jumps at just the right time to avoid my damage.
Dashes through me - where'd he go?
Probably behind me.
Nope, not there either.
Above me?
I'll never know because I'm dead.

Good Genji players are terrifying, but I'll still fight a Genji over a Tracer any day.

Ill take going against an amazing tracer over an amazing genji any day....

an amazing tracer will get a triple kill by herself.... an amazing genji will kill your whole team by himself

TheOddOne

Today were weekend-tier matches. Passive players, can't seem to find the objective players, let-them-push-for-free players and lets-not-switch players.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
LiK, please STFU!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

New thread, cools
Gotta do my placements, but fucking Paragon has consumed my life with the big update
So many chests to earn and fill up xp bars!

What was the average SR for both teams?
Only ever seem to get this if you are much higher than the enemy team or everyone on the enemy team leaves.
They had to be very similar and if anything we were lower, my friend and I are around the same rank. The messed up part is we carried the team and won by a hair. I quit for the night after that crab.

Top Bottom