• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARK: Survival Evolved XO-PS4 crossplay working internally; Sony won't allow it

Almost one day old post, but didn't see it popping up here. Throw the ball in my court if old.

https://twitter.com/arkjeremy/status/898658449927454720

8Wo8Vyq.jpg

Probably they're still trying to protect the children.

CookTrain

This is getting silly.

And it's seemingly both sides on different fronts as MS just shut down the crossplay potential of Fortnite.

Ploid 3.0

Fortnite PC PS4 Xbox One worked externally (beta) and it's probably patched out now. Sony don't want cross play with xbox.

Fortnite can play PS4 PC and XBOX ONE!!!? I figured PS4 and PC would be able to play together, but apparently xbox one can play with them too? If xbox wasn't supposed to be able to play with PS4 players, or even PC players (epic) it could be patched out, it's early access and this seems like it's most likely an oversight.
http://twinfinite.net/2017/08/fortnite-ps4-pc-crossplay/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go_VxvK1uyM

ianpm31

Deeke[VRZ];246482138 said:
#GreatnessAwaits...we're still waiting, Sony!

They are providing the games. You know the reason ppl buy consoles for and why would Sony give Xbox a bigger community

Keinning

This is getting silly.

And it's seemingly both sides on different fronts as MS just shut down the crossplay potential of Fortnite.

You dont really think sony was okay for console crossplay with fornite and microsoft was the only thing stopping it from happening do you

cakely

They should work on performance, pretty sure Sony allows that.

Best post in the thread.

Most of the other posts in here could be predicted with uncanny accuracy.

Yep, crossplay would be nice. My expectations for getting it are pretty low.

OldMuffin

Is it me or wasn't Sony last gen all open to the idea of having cross play with other consoles? If so then oh how things change depending on who is top dog and who isn't. I really want Sony to fall back in terms of sales a bit just so that they get their heads out of their asses and agrees to stuff like this but hey that ain't happening anytime soon I guess...

CookTrain

You dont really think sony was okay for console crossplay with fornite and microsoft was the only thing stopping it from happening do you

No, but it was shut down with PC<>Xbox because of Microsoft, which makes their whole arms open approach moot if they're picking and choosing.

Believe me, I have been and am pro-crossplay about as much as anyone on this board, but it's no good if MS are breathing hot and cold.

Judging by people's reaction in every thread about Minecraft on PS4 : he certainly does.

Not sure I understand your implication here?

Otnopolit

Best post in the thread.

Most of the other posts in here could be predicted with uncanny accuracy.

I'm confused, can you blame them? Sony is being pretty anti-consumer with this shit. Ah saw your edit, thought you were against it. Nevermind!

LordKano

No, but it was shut down with PC<>Xbox because of Microsoft, which makes their whole arms open approach moot if they're picking and choosing.

Believe me, I have been and am pro-crossplay about as much as anyone on this board, but it's no good if MS are breathing hot and cold.

Not sure I understand your implication here?

Trying to spin Sony's fault toward Microsoft is a very classic behaviour that was extremely common on threads about the Minecraft Better Together Update, and your post seemed to indicate that you were of the same mind, but if you weren't then I take back what I said.

LycanXIII

Fortnite PC PS4 Xbox One worked externally (beta) and it's probably patched out now. Sony don't want cross play with xbox.

Patchnotes said it was removed due to Microsoft Policy.

Edit: They updated the post and removed the line, but it originally stated:

Xbox
Fixed a rare audio crash on Xbox One.
Per policy discussion with Microsoft, removed ability for PC friends to join players on Xbox One

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245644508&postcount=2414

Ascenion

You know you as the consumer have be power to change this, and the refund thing: Stop. Buying. Their. Shit. You don't like how they operate? Stop rewarding them with money.

Top Bottom