• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Darklord

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEHtzSz8FT0
EZJHI.jpg

Sethos said:
Here's a quick guide, quote it for people, now the questions are getting out of hand :p

Get the retail version.

Install patch 1.0.4.0:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/13914788/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-PC-Patch-v.-1.0.4.0/

Download Xliveless:

http://public.sannybuilder.com/GTA4/xliveless-0.999b7.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/392993489/xliveless-0.999b7.rar

Place only the "Xlive.dll" in your root GTA IV folder, where the .exe is placed.

Download iCEhanced 1.2:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenhancer-12---enb-graphic-mod-f9236

Keep the folder structure and copy them into your root folder and just replace any files when it asks. ( Remember to back up if you want to restore )

Open the newly copied "iceconfig" and find the [TREE] section. Replace the numbers below with the following;

[TREE]
LeavesReflectionAmount=0.0
LeavesSpecularPower=0.0
LeavesAmbientAmount=0.95
LeavesColorMultiplier=1.0
LeavesColorPow=1.8
LeavesColorFilterR=1.0
LeavesColorFilterG=1.0
LeavesColorFilterB=1.2

It gives you some better looking trees, the default are overly green and very ugly.

Now you can, alternatively, download a texture mod of your desire. I suggest "Better City Textures" that clock in at over 7GB unpacked.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5906

Another Copy & Paste job, copy over to the root folder, keep the structure and replace when it asks ( Remember to back up ).

Start the game, enjoy. That's the basics. Plenty of more modding to do, cars, in-game trainers, skins etc. but you can toy around with that yourself.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet mother of god! That looks AMAZING.
If I ever replay GTA4, I want to do it this way.

And this is all settings based? Where did he get the audi?

Digishine

Banned
it looks nice but only part is u can't install it on steam version cause u allways get the latest version :/ and u need 1.0.0.4 version for it

derFeef

When the nighttime scene came up I almost fell from my seat, jawdropping. Probably a pain to get this running with the Steam version.

Fuck I wish I had gotten GTAIV during Steam sale

Digishine said:
it looks nice but only part is u can't install it on steam version cause u allways get the latest version :/ and u need 1.0.0.4 version for it

Oh.... no =(

I've never understood why Rockstar never embraced the modding community. The stuff these guys to do GTA is just downright amazing and yet Rockstar releases patches that completely breaks these things.

coldvein

Banned
Gully State said:
I've never understood why Rockstar never embraced the modding community. The stuff these guys to do GTA is just downright amazing and yet Rockstar releases patches that completely breaks these things.

they're arrogant assholes?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That looks gorgeous. Will this run on my GTX 570 and i7 rig? I really want to replay GTA 4 again.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Digishine said:

You can download a DVD rip and then use your steam serial. dodgy but unfortunately the only way use Steam users can mod the game. :(

Meisadragon said:
That looks gorgeous. Will this run on my GTX 570 and i7 rig? I really want to replay GTA 4 again.

It will but it would probably be sub 30FPS most of the time.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Gully State said:
Well while it's not exactly the same thing, the Hot Coffee incident certainly didn't help with this. While it was all their own code, it couldn't be triggered by anything but modding the game.
Considering how little the mainstream media know about mods, I doubt Rockstar wants to ever see someone actually code a new hot coffee mod for their latest games, they'd get eaten alive, even though they would have *nothing* to do with it.

Digishine

Banned
i tought the reason why rockstar keep updating the game was because they use games for windows live and microsoft ask to update if people can mod the games or something. That's what i once saw on gtaforums

Mohonky

Best visuals in any game i have ever seen. What sort of monster rig would you need for something like that?

RSP

Just seeing the cars move around like boats makes me think why the hell the game was so well received. It controls like shit!

Digishine said:

Would turning off the auto update help at all?

Sethos

Banned
Digishine said:

RSP said:
Just seeing the cars move around like boats makes me think why the hell the game was so well received. It controls like shit!

No they don't, go away troll.

Archie said:
So that's what PS4 and Xbox 720 games will look like.

This.

This is how I imagine GTA6 on the next-gen consoles to look like. It looks simply amazing... easily mistaken for some run of the mill CG car commercial in the TV.

Oreoleo

Nappuccino said:
Would turning off the auto update help at all?

No cause the Steam version is already updated past the version needed for these mods. You can't roll back versions like that unfortunately.

Digishine said:

You can't disable automatic updates for it? All the games that I have on steam allows that!

InertiaXr

RoaringHawk said:
You can't disable automatic updates for it? All the games that I have on steam allows that!

But the Steam version is already at version 1.0.4.0 or whatever. When you buy games you don't always get version 1.0 and then patch to the most recent version. You start with 1.0.4.0 if you buy GTA4 on Steam right now so it is impossible to move back down.

InertiaXr said:
But the Steam version is already at version 1.0.4.0 or whatever. When you buy games you don't always get version 1.0 and then patch to the most recent version. You start with 1.0.4.0 if you buy GTA4 on Steam right now so it is impossible to move back down.

Oh, forgot about that.

Sethos

Banned
Zenith said:
GTA4's cars tilt an absurd amount when cornering. This looks good but no need to make stuff up.

Wow, so they tilt, how have I ever been able to enjoy this game and love the handling.

For shame.

InertiaXr said:

Then someone try installing XLiveless and stop the game from automatically update through Steam, then install some 1.0.4.0 mods and see what's what.

Spat_triate

Sethos said:

No they don't, go away troll.

Incorrect. It still works with 1.0.7.0, you have to use different timecyc though. My advice is to combine IceHancer with Bone's ENB settings (only the timecyc.dat) for EFLC and 1.0.7.0. You can even edit the timecyc.dat to your own liking using EditIV v.1.28

Top Bottom