• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Does a killer team work against Croc?

I tried doing paulie/Kidd & got my ass handed to me.

/edit

I assume no, as nobody in my list is using killer & there's lots of large mobs prior to croc.

Hm, don't really have many good team options for this fortnight.

/edit

I honestly can't beat 30 sta croc. :(

Dandte

It's the bike
/jk

xSH37te.jpg

Heng

Does a killer team work against Croc?

I tried doing paulie/Kidd & got my ass handed to me.

/edit

I assume no, as nobody in my list is using killer & there's lots of large mobs prior to croc.

Hm, don't really have many good team options for this fortnight.

/edit

I honestly can't beat 30 sta croc. :(
I think you should be able to do it with Kid + Paulie with Kaku, Smoker, Alvida, and Perona as your subs. Save Smoker for 6th turn and use any food orb you can. If you have Doublefinger, you can replace Perona with her.

Lmao

Majukun

the moment when in another forum a guy says that striker teams are his weak point

and he has kid,urouge,blamenco,killer,kaku,paulie and rakuyo

i have half of those -_-

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
the moment when in another forum a guy says that striker teams are his weak point

i have half of those -_-
No Whitebeard? Meh...

I think you should be able to do it with Kid + Paulie with Kaku, Smoker, Alvida, and Perona as your subs. Save Smoker for 6th turn and use any food orb you can. If you have Doublefinger, you can replace Perona with her.

Lmao

With this team I died before even reaching Croc ~ wooh.

I give up, I'll do 15 stamina or Fosfosfos, I'm clearly not capable of farming this island and just wasted 90 stamina.

Heng

With this team I died before even reaching Croc ~ wooh.

I give up, I'll do 15 stamina or Fosfosfos, I'm clearly not capable of farming this island and just wasted 90 stamina.
What stage did you die on? The third? Or was it due to the poison? Also what level are your units?

What stage did you die on? The third? Or was it due to the poison? Also what level are your units?

He's probably using mihawks ship with strikers :p

Nope, Merry.

I died on the stage before Croc; though that's also cause I was kinda getting annoyed so my perfects and tapping were way off.

as for unit levels:

Paulie = 55
Smoker = max
Alvida = max
Basil = 92
Kaku = 82
Perona = 78

I've been using Max Merry.

Heng

Nope, Merry.

I died on the stage before Croc; though that's also cause I was kinda getting annoyed so my perfects and tapping were way off.

as for unit levels:

Paulie = 55
Smoker = max
Alvida = max
Basil = 92
Kaku = 82
Perona = 78

I've been using Max Merry.
Have you tried G3 Luffy X2 with Paulie, Smoker, Alvida, and Kaku? This team should be able to do it but you might barely have any health left at the end. I don't know if you want to try it again but I understand if you don't.

Have you tried G3 Luffy X2 with Paulie, Smoker, Alvida, and Kaku? This team should be able to do it but you might barely have any health left at the end. I don't know if you want to try it again but I understand if you don't.

I'll stick to 15 sta & Hogback I think; The only book I really need from smoker's fortnight is mr.1 anyway.

linkent

Busy day for me playing dokkan, couldnt keep up with top1000 in this tourney due to some error in the end :(

Sobbing and come back to OPTC, having really good luck with the skill up.
Kalifa 10books > 7skill up. The highest i have ever seen. 4/5 and 3/5. Max her with 15left over.
Max Garp with 5 of him, 2Skill up which i needed.
7/20 for MC.

First try in new island got me the boss,
also last minute ms.Finger drop.
Loving this side of Bamco not the Dokkan side :(

Fxxx them for wasting my last 25hours of sleep time.

/rant over

I had decent luck with my skill-ups overall, but my big one was GP Usopp: I had 3 skill books and needed just one more skill up.

AND I GOT IT

Feels good! Kinda ridiculous that it has taken me this long to max him though, haha.

I had decent luck with my skill-ups overall, but my big one was GP Usopp: I had 3 skill books and needed just one more skill up.

AND I GOT IT

Feels good! Kinda ridiculous that it has taken me this long to max him though, haha.

It does indeed, my friend.

I saved Usopp for last and was scared that I wouldn't get the 3 skill ups I needed; after going 2/21 on my Bonney books. I ended up getting 2/5 and then 1/5, so I had 6 books left over. \o/

bjork

Got a prison Croc from the 10 stamina version. Now to just hope for a Mr 1 to show up before too long. But I might run hogback more, just to try and get those characters done.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

i have half of those -_-
I have all of those and WB!

The team I'm using is Kid x2, Urouge, Biker Smoker, Kaku, and Moriah. Basically stall until Urouge is up and 1 shot Croc.

Oh wow, a fortnight island I'm actually having some trouble with. Guess I should've leveled my striker characters a bit more. Doesn't help that I have neither Kidd nor Urouge.

The team I'm using is Kid x2, Urouge, Biker Smoker, Kaku, and Moriah. Basically stall until Urouge is up and 1 shot Croc.

I'm running basically the same team, except with Alvida instead of Moriah.

I've only lost one run so far, which was a combination of bad orb luck and horrible timing on my part. Still, kind of exciting to have a Fortnight be challenging again.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Eh I find the island to be painfully boring since I have a hodgepodge of units; I just rush to the end and brute force kill him; got ample time, Smoker never gets special up.

DrAg0nBoY

Interesting to see that this fortnight is challenging for some (if you have Kidd and Urogue that is). Compared to the last one this one is a breeze for me.

The only problem I have is that I don't have a blue lobster :(.

Okay nevermind, I completely wrecked Croc just now.

Focussing less on keeping HP high & stalling all skills & more on making sure Smoker + Paulie have green orbs works wonders.

orb lock + kaku on two green orbs literally decimates croc in only two turns, much better strategy.

mileS

First time playing. Trying to reroll to get a gear 3 Luffy. Started over quite a few times and I got Tony Tony Chopper Voyage dream: Great Doctor. Seems to be the best one I've got rerolling so far. Seeing as how I don't know much about this style of game yet I would like some advice from you guys. Reroll and hope to get what I want or hang on to this.

Gah sorry I can't link my phone is acting up with copy/paste

Mazre

First time playing. Trying to reroll to get a gear 3 Luffy. Started over quite a few times and I got Tony Tony Chopper Voyage dream: Great Doctor. Seems to be the best one I've got rerolling so far. Seeing as how I don't know much about this style of game yet I would like some advice from you guys. Reroll and hope to get what I want or hang on to this.

Gah sorry I can't link my phone is acting up with copy/paste

Wait till Christmas and re-roll then during sugo fest (rare unit rate up + sugo only legend units), might as well start with a legend if you're going to be re-rolling.

Copons

Yeah, Mr. 1 is all fun and games, but does Croc actually drop or I'm doomed to repeat the great despair of hundreds run / zero drops in Alubarna? :'(

koryuken

I had 51 WB books after grinding Kraken for an entire week and using 50 gems. According to my estimates, about 270 runs total...

first 5 books, 0 skill ups (heart sinks)
5 More books, 3 skill ups -- "LOL, we got this".
15 more books, 0 skill ups -- "FML... i might be fucked."
5 more books, 3 skill ups -- "LOL, we got this".

Managed to max him WB 40 books. Fuck this game lol, not good for the heart.

Okay I've been grinding the croc fortnight all day, really got a hang of it now.

Kidd's special is pretty good if you reach the last stage and your orbs are already perfect; just unleash his attack to kill everything but the turtle.

Hisoka

BWAHAHAHAH DIE CROC, DIEEEEE.

First he doesn't make it, now he's on rampage xD

Okay I've been grinding the croc fortnight all day, really got a hang of it now.

Kidd's special is pretty good if you reach the last stage and your orbs are already perfect; just unleash his attack to kill everything but the turtle.

I'm doing the same actually. Prepare all orbs and Doublefinger skill, then enter last stage before Croco and wreck nearly everything with Kid. As soon as i get doublefingers skill down to less turns, this fortnight will be hell of a cake. :D

Heng, did you still need an image of Mr. 1?

FeACADh.png

Also, just to show this is possible:

D8apA4n.jpg

*try to contain my jealousy*

cw_sasuke

I shouldnt do it because i need the orbs for Doffy but i think i will pull 3 times this Sugo and hope for a Christmas Miracle.

I had 51 WB books after grinding Kraken for an entire week and using 50 gems. According to my estimates, about 270 runs total...

first 5 books, 0 skill ups (heart sinks)
5 More books, 3 skill ups -- "LOL, we got this".
15 more books, 0 skill ups -- "FML... i might be fucked."
5 more books, 3 skill ups -- "LOL, we got this".

Managed to max him WB 40 books. Fuck this game lol, not good for the heart.

heh congrats - after investing so much in farming WB books i would be nervous as well after the 0/15 streak, cool that it worked out at the end !!

First he doesn't make it, now he's on rampage xD

I was too spoiled by fortnights that require literally zero effort,

This island will break you in half if you don't keep some green orbs (kaku + paulie basically make a burst team the only viable tactic.); but hitting perfects + saving green orbs helps a lot.

ElChado

Neo Member
I shouldnt do it because i need the orbs for Doffy but i think i will pull 3 times this Sugo and hope for a Christmas Miracle. !

I really shouldn't either but I'm still going to pull 2 times just on the off chance i get something new or a legend. I'm hoping to nab that voyage log vivi, or a log nami with the int rate up.

This fortnight being cruel to anyone else? I've gotten a fair bit of chest drops but only a small handful if that are of kidd or doublefinger or mr1 books, nearly all of them are blue giant.

cw_sasuke

I really shouldn't either but I'm still going to pull 2 times just on the off chance i get something new or a legend. I'm hoping to nab that voyage log vivi, or a log nami with the int rate up.

This fortnight being cruel to anyone else? I've gotten a fair bit of chest drops but only a small handful if that are of kidd or doublefinger or mr1 books, nearly all of them are blue giant.

Sounds like a plan..its kinda symbolic to pull the last couple times for this year. Lets see how this Gacha year ends for us xD Im not expecting anything and i wont be to disappointed because i know Doffy is coming so i will get a new Top Tier unit with or without Gacha luck.

And yeah..so far i only have gotten a single Kid Skillbook, hope it will improve in the next days.
Hahahaha this RNG luck is incredible. Decided to feed 5 Doublefinger books and got 4 skill ups.

Sweet...!!!
I'm kinda curious, has anyone ever had the snail land on a devil fruit?

Yeah a couple Gaffers have already goten DFs via snails ( Hisoka?) ...300days in i havent been lucky enough. Maybe next year :)

RedBoot

*try to contain my jealousy*

I swear my account has a Daz Bones boost or something. I got his story mode version after about 6 tries, and I already have 5 copies of the fortnight version. Gonna try to max both.

My account also seems to like Shanks, as I've pulled him four times from RR. Hopin' that carries over to the 6-star version in a few days. :)

As for the devil fruits from the snails, I suspect it's even rarer than pulling a legend. I will say that the amount of stamina restores I've gotten have gone down drastically since we got overflow stamina, but I can understand them adjusting that.

Majukun

my blamenco is cursed... it's the third time I give him 5 skillbooks under skillup event and get nothing...

Heng

Yeah, 9 runs and only got 1 crocodile to drop, 4 blamenco, and 4 kid. Rest is fodder...

ElChado

Neo Member
Sounds like a plan..its kinda symbolic to pull the last couple times for this year. Lets see how this Gacha year ends for us xD Im not expecting anything and i wont be to disappointed because i know Doffy is coming so i will get a new Top Tier unit with or without Gacha luck.

Something for us all to keep in mind, JUST in case, is that i believe last year at this time japan had a christmas sugofest that was a repeat, and then new years came and bam boa and warlord sugofest. So im wondering if they'll do a new years sugo again or not.

It'd be incredibly evil of bandai to hold a new years sugofest that's either one or both strong world batches, on the same day doffy finally comes.

Kyou

Huge super thanks to Jayhawk for the contest, and the deed is done.

b7w7s3u.png

I threw in a few more bucks myself to go from getting 37 gems to 60(it just made sense!). I'll be doing at least the 7 pulls from winning on the sugofest and I'll try to make it exciting and pull something good for ya'll to enjoy.

Jayhawk

I threw in a few more bucks myself to go from getting 37 gems to 60(it just made sense!). I'll be doing at least the 7 pulls from winning on the sugofest and I'll try to make it exciting and pull something good for ya'll to enjoy.

This is after dealing with the original PM with the gift codes getting lost in transmission or something. RIP crisis averted

Tidd

New event announced since the Christmas one ist just for a week.

And to celebrate the year of Sanji we get a NEW one for FREE

RedBoot

Yeah, that's Kimono Sanji. Maybe the Kimono Hats fortnight is next?

Also, nice to see them giving us one of the promo characters. There's still hope for Rebecca!

Otherwise, not a lot going on in the new events, unless you want to farm Long Ring Long Land a bit. I might try for Capote since he got to be such a cool guy in the TV Special that just aired.

Top Bottom