• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Almost Vita Edition

Darkgran

jj.jpg

Pretty addicted to this right now.

Super-Mario-3D-Land-Logo-600x320.jpg

Still this.

url-1.jpg

This on the 3DS. So freaking good.

twisted-metal-300x300-2012-02-14.jpg

Really enjoy the online, it's super fun. The connection problems are really starting to get to me tho, so I'm trying out the single player for a while.

Really looking forward to Vita next week, and thinking about finally starting on Dragon Age Origins this weekend.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Horrific build up of games, so culled down and concentrating a little bit

Vita :
Lumines - it was all going so well and then i just lost it on one level :/
51TcmZUul6L.jpg

PSP :
Monster Hunter 3rdP - cleaning up tidbits now. Get diablos U/S crit/damage build mix sorted and go back and clear the low rank stuff just to have a 100% complete clear and that's that. Then finally sink teeth into MH3G (only on 3* quests lol - slooooow)
mhdc.JPG

3DS
Theatrhythm - game is a touch easy in the early stages, but has a great art style and is simply fun. Enjoying it - i -was- going to pass on this one, but glad i didn't.
71bJTPJTmtL._AA1031_.jpg

PS3
Armored Core V - again, in small dribs and drabs. Seems to have been slowed down a bit - which is nice for CHfanboys! Need to get online and see how it plays - so far, so good.
81XPSlU7O1L._AA1500_.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
I'm playing Final Fantasy VII at the moment, only a few hours in, I've not played it since '99ish I think. It's still incredible. I forgot how oppressive and macabre it is, by far the most angst of the series. I've never thought it was the best, still don't, but it is special, no question.

ghibli99

Persona 3 Portable (PSP) - 20 hours in, amazing game, loving every minute!

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - 5 hours in or so. Slow start, but what beautifully designed areas. Fi is annoying as all get out, but I'm really enjoying most other aspects.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) - Just started. Decided to dive into this series after being so impressed with Ghost Trick.

I was playing MGS HD (mainly MGS3) until I gave it to my girlfriend because I'm waiting for teh Vita.

In the meantime I'm playing sweet sweet Bayonetta, trying to get through Angel Slayer :D Those 3 joys on verse 3 just fucked my shit up.

Persona 3 Portable (PSP) - 20 hours in, amazing game, loving every minute!

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) - Just started. Decided to dive into this series after being so impressed with Ghost Trick.

Oh man, you're in for a ride with those. Persona 3 is amazing, but the three PW game are even better.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
3d9f3aa531-453d9c504a06a2a70faad4a1a8f04dfb794bad1f.jpg

The first Paradox game I could really get into. Amazing stuff. The stories this game creates are so hilarious and compelling.

Seda

Ever played Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2? If so, I'm curious to hear what you think of Covenant. For me the atmosphere was great (depressing, like Valkyrie Profile should be) but overall the game was pretty disappointing.

I loved VP1 and 2. I knew this game was quite different, but I'm having a hard time sticking to it. I've had it for months, but I'm only like 2 chapters in.

Oi! I'm going though the very lengthy process of trying to get a promotion. It takes a ton of time and stress, but when I'm at home and not stressing out, I'm Playin:

I'll do better once this process is over, until then, I'd like to thank Seda for kicking it off this week.

You know I got your back, dude. Good luck with the promotion process!

Pretty much focused on one game due to midterms and stuff.

Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends
EKj8y.jpg

More of the same, but still just as addicting and fun.

Strike

bREjR.jpg

Uncharted 3 (PS3) - Team Deathmatch, Plunder, and co-op.

vj8yK.jpg

Battlefield 3 (PS3) - Slowly leveling up in Rush and Team Deathmatch.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Alan Wake PC, Kingdoms of Amalur, and MW3 until Vitaday. Oh and some Bejeweled 3 on the side, as always, what a baller game.

matmanx1

Mostly Vita stuff although I do have one oldschool game and one very new PC RPG mixed in. Lots of gaming going on at my house this week!

Wipeout 2048 Vita
BlazBlue Vita
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational Vita

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones 3DS

Kingdoms of Amalur PC

Cudder

Horrific build up of games, so culled down and concentrating a little bit

PS3
Armored Core V - again, in small dribs and drabs. Seems to have been slowed down a bit - which is nice for CHfanboys! Need to get online and see how it plays - so far, so good.
81XPSlU7O1L._AA1500_.jpg

that is a great boxart.

bigace33

Mass_Effect_Original_Poster.jpg

I'm getting prepared for ME3 by going back through ME 1 and 2. About 75% through ME1 and will go straight into ME2 with all the dlc. I already beat both games on Xbox 360 but I am going to complete the trilogy on PC.

Wozzer

My week consists of...

Such...
6a00d83452989a69e20105355435cc970c-800wi.jpg

A...
Metal_Gear_2_Solid_Snake.jpg

Brilliant...
mgs1.jpg

Series...
metal-gear-solid-2.jpg

... And now just about to begin the greatest chapter of the story;
350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

And then 20 or so hours in SWTOR in between.

Roubjon

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-in-the-Sky-Premium-Edition-PSP-US-0.jpg

This is such a great RPG and the characters are so much better than those in most others. I'm 24 hours in and I feel like it's going to go on forever, I love it. Not to mention awesome towns.

Batman_Arkham_Asylum_Videogame_Cover.jpg

Yeah, I'm not really enjoying this too much. I can see why so many people love it, but I think it's way too simple. My younger self would have loved this game though.

252px-PSP-DJMaxPortable-FrontCover.jpg

I am eternally playing this game as it never seems to get old.

Mostly I've been playing the "Looking longingly at my Wipeout 2048 box" game without any actual way of playing it while I wait for my Vita to arrive. sigh...

Played just a little bit of Tales of the Abyss, though.

And while I wait for the Vita to show up, I'll be playing this game this weekend:

G7IXf.jpg

I finally finished Zelda SS, though I am still missing some stuff (beating
boss rush
, 2x piece of heart), but I got the 3DS 2 weeks ago so I haven't played since.

250px-Super-Mario-3D-Land-Logo.jpg

Beat with all star coins and gold flags. Will do Luigi when I feel like replaying it.

250px-Mario_Kart_7_box_art.jpg

Finished all cups, missing 3-starring 2 of them.

Mighty_Switch_Force_Logo.png

Finished with all par times beaten. Good game, but pretty short. Should have been $5 max.

250px-Pilotwings_Resort_NA_cover.png

Beat all missions with 3 stars. I'm terrible at landing so I doubt I will even try for perfect scores. But I may go back to it after I finish some other games.

644719_235356.jpg

I rarely play puzzle games, but this has me addicted. Currently in the Deluxe Murals. Reminds me of Sutte Hakkun for SFC.

Import. Came out in Japan on the 9th I think? I do unlock English trophies for Gravity Rush in my trophies list.

559fb775.jpg

I hope that's a sign for region free dlc, because otherwise you'll get locked out of dlc unless you play through again on jp account.

strem

I have had Bayonetta sitting on my pile of shame for a year now. Decided to put it in and holy shit. Everyone was right. This game is damn good.

Some of the crotch shots make me face palm as my wife watches me play but the action is outstanding

Grisby

Re Revelations- Mostly just raid mode. Addicting stuff.
Gears 3- At 91 and pushing.

Gonna start Uncharted vita tomorrow.

Lancehead

Playing Arcanum for the first time. Took me a few hours to understand and get into the deep and complex gameplay systems. So I'm now going to start a new character. By the way, the game manual fantastic.

Soi-Fong

Been playing some Mount and Blade Warband Linebattles and ME3 demo! Can't wait for Vita! here's my custom character for ME3.

ffa6624718355e4c465999831fbc33bb31a1922e.jpg

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on the 360 and Twisted Metal on the PS3. I tried to keep myself from spending money but the discount on Amalur at Amazon plus not having a new game in my collection for months was too much pressure and I caved and bought both.

Zertez

Vanquish- Since reading the GoW thread, it made me want to go back and play through Vanquish again.
Dark Souls- Still having fun with NG+

250px-ToE_Cover.jpg

Tales of Eternia AKA Tales of Destiny 2's PSP port, bought the game years ago and never actually got around to getting far in it. Started a new save and I'm currently level 42 and currently on Balir's Castle dungeon. Currently playing a patched undub version on my PSP Go instead of the original, the voice acting is no longer cringe worthy!

This is currently my game that I play at night so I'm not exactly going extremely fast through the game but it's great as it stops me from getting sick of the game. It's a shame though as I constantly want to play it more :p

Bf3-pc-cover.jpg

Got the Limited Edition for free on Tsilon's Futureshop.ca free $60 game deal. I've played a bit of it, I'm okay but it's everyone else seems to be leagues ahead of me. I've done a couple of successful Squad DM matches though. Luckily I got my PS3 controller working for vehicles. I'm glad I picked up the PC version as it runs amazing on my PC but I wouldn't have minded picking up the PS3 version despite the fact that it's a downgraded port.

ba8d488d755a7902df3791a6d36f2edcd821befe.png

A whole lotta Jagged Alliance: Back in Action with some tasty matches of Wargame: European Escalation on the side. Outside of that, it's been Vita with WipEout 2048, Modnation Racers and Super Stardust Delta.

Top Bottom