• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
ZdkIoQf.png

Vuze

"... in a way that only PS4 can provide, at 60 fps in 1080p" lulz

On the other hand, a bit sad that resolution and framerate are used to sell games these days... I dunno, we'll see. I wonder why Ubi would not keep up with their previous "30fps gold standard for open world games" heh :p

No chance of a locked 60fps.
Is this going to be the new marketing term for unlocked frame rates now? 60fps, most of the time.

test_account

XP-39C²
30-60 is not smooth...

Locked at 60 is. Locked at 30 is acceptable.

Dynamic frame-rates are messy.
I think he means it as a referance to what a developer said a while ago. I dont remember who said it unfortunately, but some developer said something about their game having a smooth framerate between 30-60fps.

I think he means it as a referance to what a developer said a while ago. I dont remember who said it unfortunately, but some developer said something about their game having a smooth framerate between 30-60fps.
Bound by Flame developers Focus Interactive called between 30 and 60 fps as smooth.

Dr Dogg

I'm having serious doubt that my PC will be able to hold 60 in Watch_Dogs so I'd love to see the wizardry that makes it 60fps on PS4. That's a very silly typo if it isn't the case.

S1kkZ

a lot of people that played the ps4 version at the recent events, said the game was running mostly at 30 fps with some dips. i highly doubt its going to run with 60 fps.

Caayn

So 1080p/60fps confirmed?
"... in a way that only PS4 can provide, at 60 fps in 1080p" lulz

On the other hand, a bit sad that resolution and framerate are used to sell games these days... I dunno, we'll see. I wonder why Ubi would not keep up with their previous "30fps gold standard for open world games" heh :p
They've covered themselves by saying "with the best graphics on any console". Meaning that they're deliberately not looking at the PC version, can't blame them.

InfYn

I would rather have locked 60 or locked 30 rather than the possibility of horrible tearing.

I'm on PC anyway so it's not an issue, but I wish more devs would give a choice like Titanfall did on the 360.

Sentenza

I'm going to guess it's more likely deliberate bullshit ("creative marketing", as symphonask worded it) rather than "a typo".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom