• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Sesuji wo Pin was axed?

No, it wasn't. Nowhere says it's axed, I'm not sure why people are saying that? It's heading for a timeskip. That's it.

It remains steadily in the middle of Jump rankings and is no danger of being axed unless the dude stops writing it.

Somali To Mori No Kami-sama Ch1-8:.

That's what it's fucking called! I read like...two chapters of this a while back but lost the name and never could find it again. Damn yo.

To You, The Immortal 10

Jesus Christ, I don't know if I can emotionally handle reading the rest of this manga. I might have to drop it if it continues to hurt this fucking much reading it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 141

I won't believe she's actually Fuuka, it would make absolutely no sense within any events.

Either way however Yuu dates next is the losing girl.

I'm glad if it's over soon,the author seems to be a bit lost on where to go for awhile now, and while the world itself is interesting, the current set of characters and story isn't that much.

Plus I'd like to see him tackle a new work.
As though a literally identical girl makes sense either.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
so, like

is Fire Punch supposed to be a joke or not

1st chapter is dead serious, but the later part is definitely a joke by the author because he ran out of fuck to give. The story start steering to weird direction
Should I read it?
YES

Fire Punch 39

I CAN'T BREATH. Holy shit, all that destruction and everything, all for that one thing that really matter the most
MOTHERFUCKING STAR WARS!
Dear god, this is the finest dark/dank comedy that i've ever read.

Grand Blue 25

Beautiful friendship. And lol at Iori sister. Shit about to get down.

Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai.13

>no hot widow ever going to feed you and teach you English.
Man, FML

Great World Trigger cake.
C3d6uRwWcAABwdx.jpg:large

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Just notice that my recommendarion,Hanada shounen-shi is in OP. Nice.

Animal Kingdom vol.13
I like this volume, but boy Makoto Raiku action scene in this manga is not easy on my eye. It's messy and hard to follow. The story itself is still good though, so there's that

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch492

At least one of them has good reflexes.

Somali to Mori no Kami-sama ch8

That wasn't a walk in the park. I do wonder if there's a deeper connection between them.

Teen Mom Chp1-13: A sweet, yet somehow sophisticated little webcomic about a teen girl who find herself at odds with society because of her early pregnancy. Deals with some pretty deep and meaningful topics while also managing to be funny and lighthearted at moments. With her new 'big sis' next door neighbour being a standout character.
She's tattooed, is a tattoo artist and like to get her point across in interesting ways. She also has a bit of a head for delusions, speaking them bluntly with no regard for how it may be perceived.
I'd give it a look in if your into these Drama, Seinen, Slice Of Life sort of Web comics.

Pumpkin Scissors Ch44: Not much happening here, make sense really as we're wrapping up this arc and stepping into the next one
which lasts about 100 Chapters.
Still nice to see the business focused minds of some characters butting up against the more idealistic ones. Will say though the cat eared, prostitute assassins, wielding flintlocks were a fun addition.

bobohoro

Helck 87

So we went from betrayal and brutal death to funny reaction faces and pui...piw...pwwiwuwiwuwi hijinks. And pulled it off well. So good.

Grand Blue 25

Bros until the fucking end.

Grand Blue 25.5

I expected something like this and still was not disappointed LOLOLOL

Looking forward to the visit.

Conan-san

Promised Neverland 25 spoilers
Just half a year to get to
Mother/Sister Emma
Ending (also meaning that the worlds most Zwarte Peat basically
died to provide plot background and future for Emma's fate
)? Yeah, fuck that.

The wrong series got put to death in last years Jump Start.

Actively considering shit canning my Jump Subscription again, One Piece, Soma and the monthlies can't keep a book going forever.

Promised Neverland 25 spoilers
Just half a year to get to
Mother/Sister Emma
Ending (also meaning that the worlds most Zwarte Peat basically
died to provide plot background and future for Emma's fate
)? Yeah, fuck that.

The wrong series got put to death in last years Jump Start.

Actively considering shit canning my Jump Subscription again, One Piece, Soma and the monthlies can't keep a book going forever.

Did we read the same spoilers? I dunno how you jumped to that conclusion off this weeks spoilers.

upandaway

Dungeon Meshi 4

I5wcotV.jpg

Please stop it already with the Marsilla bullying. I can't take this anymore. Just can't catch a dang break

Zweizer

Banned
I Am a Hero ch253

Goddammit Suzuki.

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen ch20

Satsuki is the best. Hope this guy fucks off forever.

Taruranto

Yona 68

Every time they mention the various generals' names I'm like:

I really should try to read this more often instead of one chapter once in a while when I remember. It's not a bad manga, but it doesn't quite grab me.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I Am a Hero ch. 253

"Seems like there's some crazy shit going down on that building over there, none of which I can understand, but I think I should get involved and start shooting at them."

I see.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I was a regular here at some point.

(I still read manga, but I'm much more into web novels right now and I don't think I can discuss that here. :( )

Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Haikyuu!!
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shokugeki no Souma
Black Clover (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Gintama
Spring Weapon Number One
Yakusoku no Neverland (CP)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Ole Golazo
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Demon's Plan

Shounen Jump Issue 11:
Cover, Lead CP: U19 (New Series)
CP: Haikyuu!!, Hinomaru Zumou, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Extra Page: Seuji wo Pin! to
I'm glad Kimetsu no Yaiba is doing good. Hopefully it can keep up this momentum.

Yona 68

Every time they mention the various generals' names I'm like:

I really should try to read this more often instead of one chapter once in a while when I remember. It's not a bad manga, but it doesn't quite grab me.
Yona isn't that great of a read most of the time tbh. I think her other manga were better.

Conan-san

Did we read the same spoilers? I dunno how you jumped to that conclusion off this weeks spoilers.

If
Emma makes it out and isn't shipped off to Finishing School
in that state then that makes the revelation of those kinda just padding and it is far too clean an
escape

If she is
Shipped off to the Bitch Games
then basically we've spent 25 weeks doing what Seraph of the End did in 1 chapter (so, to be fair, four weeks).

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 24
Attack its weak point for massive damage. At this stage, I don't see how any of the bosses can be even remotely surprised to find yet another trail of destruction from the princess. They're basically tempting fate just by talking about it. RIP hero.

bobohoro

I was a regular here at some point.

(I still read manga, but I'm much more into web novels right now and I don't think I can discuss that here. :( )

I think web novels get discussed in the light novel thread as well, if you didn't know already.

One Piece 854

Took you long enough dumbass.
And Brook leveled up. First to hurt those soul thingies of Big Mom is kinda big.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 156

Nagisa chapters always bring the pain, because you just know she has no chance and is way to honest about everything.

Takarakuji de 40-oku Atattandakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru 1
( I Won 4 Billion in a Lottery But I Went to Another World)

YAOI
(Yet AnOther Isekai)
manga where here :
- The MC gets obscenely rich by winning 4 billion yen at the lottery
that is to say 32,916,005.02 Euroland dollars or 35,568,580.56 Trump dollars
- Of course everyone wants to swindle him out of money.
- His solution is reclusing himself in an family inherited inn in mountains.
- SURPRISE there is a door leading to ANOTHER underdeveloped WORLD
- AND OF COURSE there is a cute blonde villager he vows to help.

It's so standard it hurts. Maybe it'll be funny later, who knows.

dani_dc

I am a Hero 253

Now our main character is suddenly making unecessary judgment calls and head shooting people. This feels completely out of character and place for him to be doing.

bobohoro

Yeah, this one caught me off guard in a good way.
Yakuza villain also looks/acts in an interesting way, the evil power struggle seems really interesting and I hope to see more of that in the future.

Detective Conan 986:
Man, Kogorou was pretty awesome in this chapter. It's nice to see him being serious like this once in awhile. The scenes with him and Eri at the end were pretty nice, too. Even if this case didn't really advance the plot at all, it was one of the more enjoyable ones recently due to how different it was. We got to see some really interesting detective work being done with all of the hidden messages and everything.

wamberz1

Hero academia

Killer Queen has already touched that elbow

Great chapter, really sets the tone.

Also, I have a completely unfounded, batshit crazy, no-proof guess I want to make just so I can say "called it" if it ends up happening -
Tintin guy is going to end up being a major series antagonist

91 Days Na no Nai Kankei
C3q_p-MVYAAsR9P.jpg:small

Better ending than the anime. Also I loved how the relationship with Nero was first kept at a distance though physical but eventually Avilio started to get a bit more emotionally invested, was it just to draw him closer or did he feel that way. I guess he did feel that way considering the ending, but then he still went through with his plot to kill those around Nero. Sad.

eefara

I've been looking into reading more manga on my Kindle lately, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out: what would be the best way to go for buying licensed English series digitally? Would downloading each publisher's app with series I'm interested in be the most efficient, or is there a conglomerate service where I can buy pretty much anything?

I guess I'll also ask the same question for Japanese series; I've heard that Amazon.jp would be the best way to go, but that they'll lock you out after a while or something if you access the store from somewhere other than Japan...

Top Bottom