• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake Champions closed beta starts on April 6

I haven't played Quake since the early 2000's. Was my first "online-experience", too. Time to jump back, eh? I just hope that there are other 30+ gaming-seniors trying to flex their reflexes, as I am bound to get absolutely gibbed by youngsters and their energy-drink-enhanced reaction-times.

riflen

Lé Blade Runner;233452961 said:
I haven't played Quake since the early 2000's. Was my first "online-experience", too. Time to jump back, eh? I just hope that there are other 30+ gaming-seniors trying to flex their reflexes, as I am bound to get absolutely gibbed by youngsters and their energy-drink-enhanced reaction-times.

I started with Quake in 1996 and still play Quake Live, so there should be some grey-hairs out there. See you in the closed beta kids.

Thank you so much OP! I really appreciate the heads up.

Edit: I feel bad for some of you. I hit the submit button and I got an email within 2 seconds...

I used chrome on mobile and provided a gmail email. It did warn it might go to spam.

Double Edit: I just entered in another email address of mine just for someone on here if they don't receive a code. Got a second confirmation.

Skyzard

Banned
No code for me on either email account either. Pretty bummed out, was keen to get in on this.

Sucks.

Hope they're still sending them out...

rugioh

Banned
This blows, no code and theres an NDA so I cant even look it up on twitch or youtube to get impressions.

Lame that we can't record or stream, but I'm excited to play and try this beast out for myself. Hopefully customization options are in place for this beta.

Why on earth would they not let people stream this? If the game is good that seems like competitive fps players streaming it and saying as such would be the best thing for this game.

Why on earth would they not let people stream this? If the game is good that seems like competitive fps players streaming it and saying as such would be the best thing for this game.

If it's anything like the ESO beta, things are going to be radically changed by launch. Bethesda plays betas close to the chest. That said, ESO beta went out before any gameplay footage was ever shown off, but it was really different. I'm a little surprised with Quake, though, especially since it's been at PAX East and they've been releasing videos on a weekly basis since then. Hopefully they'll lift the NDA for the next one.

KingKong

I'm in but after the queue I got stuck with a client error or something, so I restarted.

I had the same thing, looks like a lot of people are having that issue on the forum. I'd guess their login server is fucked.

Whatever I'll just wait until tonight or tomorrow for them to fix it

AESplusF

I had the same thing, looks like a lot of people are having that issue on the forum. I'd guess their login server is fucked.

Whatever I'll just wait until tonight or tomorrow for them to fix it

Yeah probably gonna do the same I've got class at 1:00

Blam

Eyy I'm in.

How big is the client?

N6ls9C5.png

Um the game has microtransactions?

samred

lol this NDA

Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to, all Feedback and all other information relating to the Beta Trial, Your selection as a Beta Trial participant, the Game (including but not limited to information and ideas relating to the Game, software, software code, designs, graphics, rules, playing strategies, artwork, visual depictions, plot, theme, settings, characters, characterizations, skills, emails, screenshots, marketing emails, marketing and promotional plans, current, future or proposed products or services of ZeniMax, written or printed documents, announcements or prereleases, product samples, artwork, graphics, promotional and/or marketing items), the Beta forums and other private ZeniMax forums, business and/or trade secrets, testing protocols, processes, and standards relating to the Game and/or associated products or services of ZeniMax.

anybody who spoils the plot of the Quake Champions should be perma-banned, I agree

naib

Guess I missed the first wave as well. But with queues like that I wouldn't be surprised if I'm a few waves out.

/me waits patiently

naib

Subbing even though it seems masochistic.

Frustrating y'all can't at least talk about it. I'm pretty excited.

Lé Blade Runner;233452961 said:

I'll be there with ya.. btw... 40 here.

Is it actually possible to play this? So far I've looked at a queue screen for an hour multiple times. I'm always 800+.

SZips

Being as totally vague as possible I will say that I am once again reminded of how much I suck at Quake.

wwm0nkey

Without breaking NDA

I have some pretty good pros and fewer cons, but the cons do need to be addressed

so far so good though

Bastos

Makes me so pissed that a friend of mine that is BAD and played no more than 10h of Quake his whole life got a key and I didn't.

God damn it.

:c

AESplusF

Makes me so pissed that a friend of mine that is BAD and played no more than 10h of Quake his whole life got a key and I didn't.

God damn it.

I'm in the same boat as them. I have played over a 1000 hours of TF2 though, so I'm probably a lot better than the average beginner but I still struggle to get over a 1:1 KD.

Also as far impressions go, I'll keep mine vague (NDA), it's very fun, they struck a nice balance, positive overall.

God damn it.

Someone in one of my matches was standing still every time he wanted to shoot. I don't think he's EVER played Quake. I felt bad fragging him repeatedly.

Top Bottom