• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

Rich!

FIRMWARE UPDATE 3.55 KILLS THIS. DO NOT UPDATE.

dsc_0046g4spt.jpg

Through the power of homebrew. Just takes a simple email, read via the PSV email app of which is preinstalled on each device.

http://hackinformer.com/2015/09/24/...-to-the-vita-filesystem-pstv-whitelist-patch/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms6kx2b3xjx8l1g/writer.eml?dl=0

2. Open that file with a compatible email client (such as thunderbird), and forward it to your email account registered on the vita's email app.

3. Load the vita email app. Locate your email and load it. You should see something like this:

960x544xcustom_themes5jpsi.jpg

Click on the attached image. You will now get this:

email_errorurqyt.png

DO NOT CLICK OK. Instead, press the PS button and quit the app.

4. Go back into the vita email app. The settings have now been cleared, so log back into your email. The client is now hacked.

5. Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6gef9cx07n7kx6/list_launch_vita.dat?dl=0 and rename it to #0 - make sure there is NO file extension. Enable file extension editing in windows if you havent done so already.

6. Email it to your vita's registered email address with the title of ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat

And also email again with the title of ur0:game/launch/list_launch_emu.dat to unblock all PSP/PS1 games.

7. open it like before. quit the app.

829x473xpstv.png.pagemop94.jpg

success

But what about games with touch functionality required? Not an issue - PSTV has touchscreen emulation:

1. Hold down the PS button and you get the standby menu. Turn this option to ON:

2015-09-26-1316060hsq5.jpg

2. These are the controls. If you are using a DS4, you can use the touchpad!

2015-09-26-131608ges1r.jpg

3. touch some shit

2015-09-26-131547u0sga.jpg

yeah but Uncharted wont work out so well given how many shitty touch features it uses.

but i like that his has come out. Can't wait to put some of my long forgotten PSX games onto my vita that will never see the light of day on PSN

Joqu

How does it handle the touch screen? I don't have a PS TV so I don't know how it worked on whitelisted games

yeah but Uncharted wont work out so well given how many shitty touch features it uses.

but i like that his has come out. Can't wait to put some of my long forgotten PSX games onto my vita that will never see the light of day on PSN

How... would you do that? How do you get a PS1 game on there that isn't from PSN? I want to play Ridge Racer 60fps edition on my PSTV! :)

Omikaru

wait... that was blocked??? so stupid

The Vita version requires front and rear touch to be played properly.

a pstv is like, £20. just buy another one and keep it offline. boom.

More like £40, but I guess I could. I'm not that excited to play a handful of extra games on the TV, especially ones which clearly can't be played properly without touch, but having the EU version of Danganronpa working would be nice.

OnPoint

As someone not well versed in what the PSTV could and couldn't do, can someone give me a brief rundown of what's going to be available that wasn't?

Purdy

The Vita version requires front and rear touch to be played properly.

More like £40, but I guess I could. I'm not that excited to play a handful of extra games on the TV, especially ones which clearly can't be played properly without touch, but having the EU version of Danganronpa working would be nice.
Why can't you play metal gear properly?

Top Bottom