• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku official site teaser (24.MAY)

Suzuki Yu

http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/

as you can see, Kamurocho in the background is in under construction.
the video is pointing to the 24th of May.... Yakuza 5 details in next week famitsu?

i hope so! i am really excited to see the next installment more than any of the previous entries of the series.

ReaperXL7

Please don't be shitty like Yakuza 4, please.pretty please.

i'm....confused. How is 4 even close to shitty? I admit that I would rather have just played as Kazuma, but otherwise I thought 4 was great.

Unless you just don't like the gameplay of the Yakuza games in general, thats something else.

Midou

i'm....confused. How is 4 even close to shitty? I admit that I would rather have just played as Kazuma, but otherwise I thought 4 was great.

Unless you just don't like the gameplay of the Yakuza games in general, thats something else.

Yeah, I thought 4 was the best since the first, the final showdown was amazing.

Playing Yakuza: Dead Souls now, fairly meh, but at least the non-fighting is Yakuzaish. I just wish I could punch the crap out of zombies as an option.

I see that Totobeni continues to be wrong about 4. Anyway, I'm reallly excited for 5 to see what major changes this game will have, if there are none I'll be pretty disappointed.

ReaperXL7

Too bad it won't come out here in the west.

After we actually got Of the End released here....if it's a proper numbered entry like Yakuza 5 I think there is a solid chance we could get it. Especially if with the three previous games making outside of japan have taught Sega to make their expectations reasonable.

I'm sure it helps alot that they don't have to worry about redoing the voice acting and can just focus on text.

Please don't be shitty like Yakuza 4, please.pretty please.

WTF is this shit? Yakuza 4 was a wonderful game. (Maybe I'm just defending it because it was the first one I ever played?)

I recently picked up Yakuza Dead Souls on here, wonder if I should get Yakuza 3 as well? Wish they would make an HD collection for 1 & 2 so I can play those on my PS3...<_<

Hardcore Yakuza fans are of the opinion 4 is shit. It's hardly a unique opinion. Easy aspects to point to are the dumbed down difficulty and shit boss battles compared to Yakuza 3. Story sucks too with really, really bad plot elements. That it is a huge rehash goes without mentioning.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Hardcore Yakuza fans are of the opinion 4 is shit. It's hardly a unique opinion. Easy aspects to point to are the dumbed down difficulty and shit boss battles compared to Yakuza 3. Story sucks too with really, really bad plot elements. That it is a huge rehash goes without mentioning.

I love comments like this that deem everyone who disagrees with your opinion lesser than thou. What constitutes a hardcore Yakuza fan? What "really bad plot elements" are present in 4 that aren't in the previous games? I'm of the opinion that 4 added some much needed variety, and that it fixed the problems with 3 (which had an incredibly unsatisfying, much too hasty conclusion).

And the fact that it's a rehash is something that "hardcore Yakuza fans" should be used to, and in my case, actually enjoy.

am highly disappointed that I only got 5% of the trophies after a 20+ hr playthrough of 4 lol.

Hearing they are changing engine stuff for this, which is a good thing. Yakuza is fun and all, but besides it's visuals it does feel like an early ps2 game with the kinda clunky movement and a lot of loading.

I love comments like this that deem everyone who disagrees with your opinion lesser than thou. What constitutes a hardcore Yakuza fan? What "really bad plot elements" are present in 4 that aren't in the previous games? I'm of the opinion that 4 added some much needed variety, and that it fixed the problems with 3 (which had an incredibly unsatisfying, much too hasty conclusion).

And the fact that it's a rehash is something that "hardcore Yakuza fans" should be used to, and in my case, actually enjoy.
I thought it was dumb to say as well. I actually laughed at the hardcore yakuza fans line because I rarely see anybody say 4 is shit. I'd say I'm a pretty huge Yakuza fan too. Yakuza 3 was really easy as well in fact, Yakuza 3 was so easy, it made me just start Yakuza 4 on a higher difficulty. It had a lot of problems as well so I don't see how anyone can really say Yakuza 4 is shit yet think Yakuza 3 is good or great. Sure, maybe you are tired of them rehashing but Yakuza 3 was too partially...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought we were all of the opinion that Yakuza 3 was the worst?

Durr twin brothers and a lame enemy that has no build up until the very end. The only thing that I'd give 3 over 4 is that the rooftops weren't good enough to be the 'second city.' Dark Souls was awful to me though, so I guess I'm not that bummed out if we don't get 5. I know it'll be different, but man, Dark Souls left the worst taste in my mouth.

I'm excited. 5 will be a nice upgrade, I hope it's that

It should be based on the small amount of info that we have from Nagoshi

In addition to the game's platform (PS3) and location (Sapporo, Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka), the magazine reveals that Kazuma Kiryu will be the main character.

The game will have massive volume.
Nagoshi says that if likening the series to a house, 5 would be like building a new house rather than adding an extension to an existing house.
The five cities will be of scale at or beyond the previous Osaka (Dotonbori) and Okinawa (Ryukyu) locations.
Rather than seeking out hostesses to appear in the game, Sega will be traveling to the five cities to seek out girls who will serve as a cheering squad for the game. The girls will appear in commercials as well.
The game will have presentation improvements, including shortened load times, improved camerawork and better character expressions. The team is using some of the knowhow they gained from working on Binary Domain.
The game will also have improved technology to allow for seamless conversations and battles. Nagoshi says that you will be surprised with the result.

http://andriasang.com/comz1d/

duckroll

If they're going to announce it now, the game might make it out by the end of the year. I guess they're really banking on it now, since Binary Domain mega-bombed.

TheCrow

So excited for Yakuza 5. The Yakuza series is one of the few reasons I ever use the ps3 to play games. Since Dead Souls was localized, I'd be shocked if this didn't come over as well.

In the meantime, I'll be picking up Kenzan. Can never get enough of Kazuma.

I'll be sad if it doesn't make it to PAL land.

Who gives the shit about a blue little bastard that hasn't been good in 20 years. Just gimme Yakuza.

So excited for Yakuza 5. The Yakuza series is one of the few reasons I ever use the ps3 to play games. Since Dead Souls was localized, I'd be shocked if this didn't come over as well.

In the meantime, I'll be picking up Kenzan. Can never get enough of Kazuma.

Yeah, looks like Segas decision to just localize them dirt cheap (which is what we wanted anyway) is working out for them.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
ah, the usual Yakuza 4 trolls. Terrible.

Looking forward to 5, if I ever get to play it. Although if Nagoshi's lot managed to do a dual language release for Binary Domain concurrently, theres no excuse not to actually fucking do the same with Yakuza, just with subtitles.

Top Bottom