• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) teaser site launches, 5/10 reveal

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrifice/ja/

duckroll will add in images shortly.

Edit: Here I am!

p1Inx.jpg

ZTWTw.jpg

aSCIe.jpg

aBiUN.jpg

3TuIx.jpg

oRGle.jpg

web01

The font looks exactly the same as the "you died" in Demon Souls.
Guess it really must be related in some way.

duckroll

I added a bunch of images to the OP. There are more transparent PNGs of the various monsters but a lot of them are in pieces and would need to be re-assembled.

Kyoufu

Yeah, "SOUL" looks similar to Dark Souls font too. We're reaching here but it'd be great to see From behind this.

watershed

Banned
The art looks good. Aside from the DS similarities it also gives me a folklore vibe. I hope this becomes the vita defining game/the game that shows off everything that the vita can do and what makes it unique.

soultron

Banned
I think you guys might be reaching with the basic red text stuff. :p

Seriously though, a Souls game on PSV would make me buy. I played with a Vita today at a store and was blown away. Gravity Daze and UC:GA demos were awesome.

Patapwn

The last picture with the symbols...

"Lest I succumb to the monster winthin(to?) my future self, (His?) journal I do entrust."

???

Alrus

The "You died" font is not the same as the Soul Sacrifice one, outside of being red I don't really see a link.

Anyway, really interested to see what's the game about! May 10 is still quite a long time away tho -_-

edit: ^ That's completely reaching, they don't look the same at all...

CamHostage

Any mention of From Software?!

No, and I'm wondering if maybe Sony is having it both ways and is doing its own Souls game (they've had connections with FromSoft all along, maybe it wasn't tough to contract that or maybe they even retained some rights themselves) for Vita similar to how they did their own White Knight Chronicle game?

Patapwn

"I succumb to the monster within to my future self, this journal I do entrust"

Does that ring any bells (lol)?

Oh that's a 'this'... I was staring at it like WTF

Looking at the artwork with the Z thing on the hand and the overall artwork, I'd say you play as a character that is pretty much fucked. And you have to fight monsters to unfuck yourself and not get turned into one of the things you're fighting. Perhaps you get some sort of 'essence' from killing demons that is used to stop a transformation?

That would make an amazing demons souls/MH concept I think

So is the only reason people think this might be related to Dark Souls/Demons Souls because it has the word Soul in the title or am I missing something that actually indicates it could be part of that series?

Maedhros

I really hope it's related to Souls... that and being able to play Dark Souls on my platform choices would be amazing.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
So is the only reason people think this might be related to Dark Souls/Demons Souls because it has the word Soul in the title or am I missing something that actually indicates it could be part of that series?

- It has the word "soul" on the title
- The character design is eerily similar to Demon/Dark Souls (although a little more colorful, but still grotesque)
- The fonts are similar (lol)

Sony knows how much their fanbase enjoyed the Souls game (specially Demon), so it would make sense to create something for the platform that it needs quality games the most.

matmanx1

Some of that art (the creature design specifically) looks very similar to From Software work. The characters, on the other hand, look very different. I'm speculating that this is a collaboration between SCEJ and From much like the original Demon's Souls was. And I am "A-OK" with that!

Cool teaser trailer. I hope this game is what we'd all like it to be.

Patapwn

That and the dark fantasy artwork plus font. We don't have much to go off of, but it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility that this has something to do with FROM or demons souls. We basically have murmurs of possibility with no negative evidence which leads to hoping/beliving what we want to happen

No, and I'm wondering if maybe Sony is having it both ways and is doing its own Souls game (they've had connections with FromSoft all along, maybe it wasn't tough to contract that or maybe they even retained some rights themselves) for Vita similar to how they did their own White Knight Chronicle game?

They own the Demon's Souls IP (and thus, all its assets) and co-developed it. I'm pretty sure if they wanted to, they could develop their own sequel.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
"It's not about cooperation... it's about fighting shoulder to shoulder."

Umm, English isn't my native language, but doesn't that still count as a form of cooperation?

Emitan

Umm, English isn't my native language, but doesn't that still count as a form cooperation?

Yeah, I don't understand that line either. It's like "It's not cooperation, it's working together."

The mean the same thing!

Umm, English isn't my native language, but doesn't that still count as a form cooperation?

not unless you're not fighting along side someone but they are mirroring your move 1:1 lulz. idk.

Top Bottom