• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Channel prolly not coming to Wii because Sega are nasty poopheads.

wsippel

Banned
Long rumored, finally confirmed. It's supposed to be a remake, but there's not much info:

24.01.2008 10:20 Uhr - Dass Plateauschuhe und die wilden 60er-Jahre noch lange nicht aus der Mode sind, zeigt Space Channel 5: Publisher Sega werkelt derzeit an einem Remake zu diesem Musik- und Tanzspiel für Wii, wie der japanische Publisher bekannt gegeben hat. Dabei handelt es sich um eine Neuauflage der Dreamcast-Version, die 1999 in die Läden kam. Technisch orientiert sich die Wii-Version vermutlich an dem PS2-Pendant, der 2002 den Weg in die Regale fand. Bislang hat der Publisher lediglich bestätigt, dass die Wii-Fassung über lizenzierte Musikstücke von der Pop-Ikone Michael Jackson verfügt. Sobald uns nähere Informationen zu Space Channel 5 für Wii vorliegen, lest ihr es natürlich an dieser Stelle.
http://www.videogameszone.de/?mag=23&article_id=629486

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I know theres a joke in there with Space Michael and Wii, but meh.

Day one if it includes part 2.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*explodes*

KingJ2002

first samba now space channel 5... what's next... crazy taxi?

jet set radio would play pretty cool on a wiimote.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Waggle, waggle, waggle, waggle, shoo, shoo, shoo!

I love the SC5 games and personally can't wait for this. It seems like my prayers have been answered!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
KingJ2002 said:

i'm crossing my fingers for Panzer Dragoon

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
KingJ2002 said:

Cosmic Smash would be neat.

Scribble

Oh. My. Goodness.

My.
Goodness.

Wow. Just...wow. OMFG. YES!

EDIT: It should be an evolved version of the WarioWare Smooth Moves dancing microgame.

Himuro said:
I've been hoping for a new Panzer or some cool rail shooters ever since the Wii was announced.

Same here. Orta was such a great game, and if the same team made a new PD on the Wii, I'd be all set.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Dascu said:
Wii = Dreamcast 2?

Well, we're one year in and we've had Nights2 released, SATSR, & Mario & Sonic released, and games like HoTD 2&3, Space Channel 5, Samba, and now Space Channel 5 announced, at this rate we're going to have half the Sega DC/Saturn library on Wii.

Oh HELL YES

Didn't the dude who does these say he wanted to release on the high fidelity systems or some shit?

This game is *perfect* for wii.
SEGA have made pretty damn good decisions on the platform so far. Damn good indeed! :D

:D :D :D :D

AceBandage said:
Same here. Orta was such a great game, and if the same team made a new PD on the Wii, I'd be all set.

Since Smilebit were disbanded a long time ago that aint happening. :(

On a more positive note, Sega are on fire on the Wii, they actually "get" the console, and their commercial successes are just rewards of this.

farnham

Banned
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/interview-mizug.html

Rez creator too afraid of Nintendo titles to make a game for Wii

A portion of a Wired interview with Tetsuya Mizuguchi…

W: In general, maybe not this game, but what do you think about making games for the Wii?

TM: Wii is a very unique platform. I have no projects yet, but I feel it’s very unique. I’m a little bit anxious about Nintendo platforms, as Nintendo games are too strong. I’m a little bit worried about that.

W: Do you think that there’s anything that Nintendo can do to help third parties?

TM: I have no experience working with Nintendo yet, so I don’t know.

OH THE IRONY!!!

Haunted One said:
:O :O

Wii ist the new Dreamcast.

HELLZ YEAH!

felipeko

What is this game like?
And "complete" version of dancing warioware minigame?!

farnham said:
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/interview-mizug.html

Rez creator too afraid of Nintendo titles to make a game for Wii

A portion of a Wired interview with Tetsuya Mizuguchi…

OH THE IRONY!!!
And you forgot to quote that:

"Do you think you can get Space Channel 5 back from Sega and do Space Channel 5 HD?

(Laughter.) If I had a reason to remake Space Channel 5 on the new platforms, I will do that."

Fio

I bought a DreamCast a month ago. I'm thinking about some games. Is Space Channel really good ? I mean, I'm short on cash, so...

reminder

the year 20XX said:
How is this a confirmation? Who is this website? What is their source?

That's an official website of the Computec Media AG, which publishes several magazines each month. Scroll to the bottom of the website to see all of those. ;)

So yeah, i would say this website is trustworthy.

Link

The Autumn Wind
farnham said:
W: In general, maybe not this game, but what do you think about making games for the Wii?

TM: Wii is a very unique platform. I have no projects yet, but I feel it’s very unique. I’m a little bit anxious about Nintendo platforms, as Nintendo games are too strong. I’m a little bit worried about that.

W: Do you think that there’s anything that Nintendo can do to help third parties?

TM: I have no experience working with Nintendo yet, so I don’t know.
This seems to be the same hypocritic statement made by everyone. "We're afraid our games won't sell next to Nintendo's. Not that we've tried before, or plan to try in the future, though. We just assume."

ethelred

Himuro said:
I've been hoping for a new Panzer or some cool rail shooters ever since the Wii was announced.

I've thought a new Panzer would be fantastic ever since the canyon flying segment in Twilight Princess. That said, what I'd love above all else for that franchise is a 100% faithful remake of Saga with just better graphics and a wider release so more people can appreciate that game. I don't necessarily want that on the Wii whereas I think a rail shooter PD would be good there... I just want it made.

Flakster99

Wow, this came out of nowhere. A supposed remake huh. Wow.

Link said:
This seems to be the same hypocritic statement made by everyone. "We're afraid our games won't sell next to Nintendo's. Not that we've tried before, or plan to try in the future, though. We just assume."

Yeah, same ol' song n' dance.

batbeg

Coming now to the Sega Wi-... I mean, Nintendo Wii.

Seriously, Sega are porting/remaking/revitalizing damn near everything on the Wii it seems. At least they seem happy with it!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dear Sega,

BUDGET PRICE. INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL TWO GAMES. HOKEY COMMERCIALS SHOWING OLD PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME TO GET IT TO SELL. DO NOT EXPECT COMMERCIAL SUCCESS, IT WON'T HAPPEN. DO NOT RUIN THE GAMEPLAY. DO NOT TONE DOWN THE STRANGENESS.

Love,
Space Channel 5 Fans.

Haunted

oh, and in before Dragona bitching about Wii's sound capabilities - just be happy we're getting another Space Channel game. :p

Top Bottom