• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

So I kinda want to pick up Assassin's Creed III, but I've yet to finish Brohood or Revelations. Should I just skip to ACIII or bother finishing those two first and pick it up later?

Why? Play through the other two since it sounds like you own them.

Pick up ACIII when its cheap. Its not like that is a good price, And its UPLAY.

Derrick01

Banned
So I kinda want to pick up Assassin's Creed III, but I've yet to finish Brohood or Revelations. Should I just skip to ACIII or bother finishing those two first and pick it up later?

AC3's one of the worst big budget games ever made, and this is coming from someone who has liked the series despite all of its very many flaws up until that game. Brotherhood and Revelations are solid games, although they're not as good as 2 was.

It's not just the documentation that's in Japanese, MT Frameworks entire user interface is in Japanese. MT Frameworks is a proprietary tool developed by their Japanese studios for their Japanese studios with no forethought for making it a tool they can license out or lend to their sub-contracted developers abroad for work on games Capcom is publishing.

That's partially why DmC was made with Unreal.

Why? Play through the other two since it sounds like you own them.

Pick up ACIII when its cheap. Its not like that is a good price, And its UPLAY.

The price isn't really that bad. That's about as cheap as it's ever been on consoles, and it's the best version.

I've kinda gotten over the whole Uplay thing, to be honest. I know it's not a good business practice and I'd prefer it didn't have it, but it would almost never affect me. Never did with Anno 2070 or HOMM VI.

Also, I heard that ACIII was pretty great, and I'm sorta getting tired of the ever-increasing list of Italian names that I can't keep track of.

I still may hold off. I dunno.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've kinda gotten over the whole Uplay thing, to be honest. I know it's not a good business practice and I'd prefer it didn't have it, but it would almost never affect me. Never did with Anno 2070 or HOMM VI.

Also, I heard that ACIII was pretty great, and I'm sorta getting tired of the ever-increasing list of Italian names that I can't keep track of.

You heard wrong. The ending is particularly awful:
Minerva and Juno are at odds with what Desmond must do to save the world. Desmond sides with Juno. Desmond touches an ancient globe. Desmond falls over. ~fin
. Half a decade of narrative build-up for... that.

Nabs

027ae14276bd7eeea153c6fa3957e6efa730c8cf.jpg

Dr Dogg

Well that's a pretty sure fire bet then. Sweet never finished it. dlc was meant to be rubbish though right? Well that or rushed.

Edit: This is odd what with this and the little lady watching TNG all weekend I've suddenly got the hankering for some Star Trek.

KNT-Zero

Guys, I'm really tempted to get QUBE and To The Moon.
The first one cuz I met one of the developers and he sold me the game (lol) and the other since it has a good background (story and gameplay), apparently. But it seems that TTM is not a Steam key on GMG, is it? Link!

Thoughts? :/

Dr Dogg

Guys, I'm really tempted to get QUBE and To The Moon.
The first one cuz I met one of the developers and he sold me the game (lol) and the other since it has a good background (story and gameplay), apparently. But it seems that TTM is not a Steam key on GMG, is it? Link!

Thoughts? :/

No it's a horrid Capsule game. Slowest downloads ever. Says this only the last line of sys reqs.

Capsule Client : This title requires Capsule to play.

Grief.exe

Its happening. Good job Konami.

Now bring the HD versions of MGS and ZoE.

The price isn't really that bad. That's about as cheap as it's ever been on consoles, and it's the best version.

I thought ACIII was considered universally bad. Even by people who enjoy that type of stuff.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Why kill the sales like that?

Because I already have and finished it on the 360, so I'm not planning on wasting 20 bucks on a game I already finished and don't plan on re-playing it anytime soon.

However, I really do want to buy and play Lords of Shadow 2 on PC, so I'm buying that as soon as it's out (mostly to show Konami that I want games on PC), so that would be a nice bonus for me.

Sure, that's not good business for Konami... but I really don't care.. :D

water1111

Banned
Well that's a pretty sure fire bet then. Sweet never finished it. dlc was meant to be rubbish though right? Well that or rushed.

Edit: This is odd what with this and the little lady watching TNG all weekend I've suddenly got the hankering for some Star Trek.

Play some Star trek online then, its quite good and F2P.

GAMERG0D

On the topic of AC III, it's not worth $25. This is coming from someone who
bought it full price along with the season pass.
Buy it when it's $5.

Dr Dogg

When is the release date for Lords of Shadow 2? October? Is it going to be a simultaneous release on PC do we reckon? How soon have Valve been putting preorders up with bonuses at the moment? Yeah I know I could go find that all out myself but I'm lazy tonight.

Play some Star trek online then, its quite good and F2P.

Yeah was just looking at that but after the abomination that was TOR I'm a bit jaded with MMOs at the moment. Why isn't 25th Anniversary on GOG?

Glass Rebel

When is the release date for Lords of Shadow 2? October? Is it going to be a simultaneous release on PC do we reckon? How soon have Valve been putting preorders up with bonuses at the moment? Yeah I know I could go find that all out myself but I'm lazy tonight.

TBA 2013 :p

They've only started showing it to journalists.

Omikron

Tropico is a pretty fun city builder, enjoying the humour and ridiculous nature of the tasks, although it may overstay its welcome.

Does have a weird achievement bug though where it doesn't give you then until you boot the game again.

HoosTrax

Ewww, is that one of the newfangled 3D Castlevanias? I own SOTN and just about every GBA and DS Castlevania. Was not too thrilled with Lament of Innocence and I kind of view that game as the start on the road to ruin for CV.

LotR RTS question for Steam-GAF.

I see that LotR: Battle for Middle Earth II is non-Steam and pretty expensive, mostly because whoever put this game out no longer holds the license. I thought the first BfME game was pretty good on PC, but I bought -- and still have -- the 2nd on 360.

The question is this: does it make sense to throw $50-$60 to pick up BfME II via eBay or wherever ... or are the LotR mods for Total War satisfactory enough?

I see that LotR: Battle for Middle Earth II is non-Steam and pretty expensive, mostly because whoever put this game out no longer holds the license. I thought the first BfME game was pretty good on PC, but I bought -- and still have -- the 2nd on 360.

The question is this: does it make sense to throw $50-$60 to pick up BfME II via eBay or wherever ... or are the LotR mods for Total War satisfactory enough?

I fucking loved the first BfME and was pretty crushed when I realized that it's not on Steam, or even Origin. The second one, I wasn't a fan of. It took away the capture points from the first game that really concentrated the action, and the walls in the game were either too weak or expensive as fuck, making them basically useless. Since I'm a natural turtler, this was a big drawback.

So, personally, I wouldn't say it's worth it. Maybe find the first one for $10 somewhere. *shrug*

Dr Dogg

Don't know. I've heard BfME 2 and it's expansions were pretty boss but seeing as that Third Age mod for Medieval II has been sat in the top 5 of moddb's rankings for so many years and still getting updates and the fact it crops up on sale at least 4 times a year it would be silly not to try that first. Also you're getting a cracker of a TW game as well.

Edit: Infact you be the judge. There a few vids there to give you an idea plus loads of details of what you're letting yourself in for.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war

Grief.exe

I fucking loved the first BfME and was pretty crushed when I realized that it's not on Steam, or even Origin. The second one, I wasn't a fan of. It took away the capture points from the first game that really concentrated the action, and the walls in the game were either too weak or expensive as fuck, making them basically useless. Since I'm a natural turtler, this was a big drawback.

So, personally, I wouldn't say it's worth it. Maybe find the first one for $10 somewhere. *shrug*

Its not available through DD anymore so that price is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom