• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

ezaot17finalstitchintomuxd.png

whatsnextcreditsqvxn2.png

Fantastic title. I'm glad you picked it.

And perfect timing for the 6 month anniversary.
Hopefully they can continue to grow in the future.

Karu

A brave man once took a chance with the young, inexperienced, but ultimately promising and talented Kyle Bosman. And as the brave man predicted, Bosman hit it big with The Final Bosman. Episode after episode his following grew. Tragically, the success blinded him and Kyle decided to leave, which tanked the Network alltogether. At his new venture he tried to capitalize on his past successes, but a shitty shedule with too many breaks inbetween fucked it up from the get go. No marketing or production budget killed it entirely after only 4 or 5 episodes. He wanted it all, but got nothing back. Kyle Bosman returned to the man who made him big in the first place, pants in hands... again lackey and assistent (to the) regional manager Geoff Keighley.

What an unprecedented career... #crashandburn

Love & Respect to Kyle The Bosman Bosman!

Yeah... and don't expect it to be return anytime soon... :p

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Will this thread finally witness Bosman defeating his Nemesis and break 550k (or 400k...), or will Wozniak continue to reign supreme?

UrbanRats

Didnt care for the goty talk in the podcast, mostly cause i dont care much about any particular game this year, but the bonus L&R was great.

Didnt care for the goty talk in the podcast, mostly cause i dont care much about any particular game this year, but the bonus L&R was great.

Yeah, it's weird. I thought it was my least favourite podcast for sure, but the bonus section was fantastic.

Edit:
Anyone gif'd Bosman's reaction to Jones saying NBA2k?
That's a reaction that needs to be preserved.

Fou-Lu

That new OT smell. Mmmm, yeaaaah.

I continue to love everything the Allies do, each podcast (generally) gets better than the last, each episode of Tabletop Escapades is incredible, and that Fiasco video.... soooo good.

Was Matt Blair on an eza stream before? I miss him on the podcast, thought he was very articulate and knowledgeable on the points he made.

Budi

So unfortunately I need to start my posting in new OT giving some negative feedback. I've slept on it so I'm not nearly as pissed off anymore, which I was while watching the new podcast.

In the last OT people were shocked about the "Uncharted and Doom hate" that the games allegedly got in the GOTY discussion. But those discussions weren't anything compared to Xcom 2 discussion. And the blame is on Ian. He talked straight up bullshit about it. I really don't mind if Ian doesn't like the game or has no interest in it. But please don't kill the discussion before it even starts by shouthing shit like "everybody hated it, Ben hated it." Speak for yourself, don't try to validate your own opinions by making stuff up. Huber should have thrown the prove it ticket to his face. I went for the source and Watched Ben's review of the game again. Score 9.3, few quotes from the review "the missions, characters, mechanics and flow all have dramatically been improved" and "One of those rare games that's so gripping you want everyone to play it. Not just those already fond of the genre". Jones tried to correct Ian on this, but instead "oh I was mistaken then" he doubled down making up more stuff "he said it's worse than the first one". Which is opposite that was said in the review. So yeah, edited by Ian Hinck btw. I love you Ian, I really do. But don't act like this again please. I was really worried that they wouldn't include Xcom 2 in the discussion since it came so early in the year and was a PC exclusive. I literally clapped my hands and cheered when Kyle brought the game up and also in very positive light, "This might do well". But it was very quickly changed to anger and frustration. The game was received well by critics overall and especially by Ben. So don't be disrespectful to the developers, to Ben and to the viewers by spewing nonsense. And then go on rambling about specific puzzles in the Witness, it's a discussion that people not familiar with the game can't follow. As Kyle also pointed out that the Witness discussion went off the rails.

Now that I got this off my chest, I need to mention that my mood was elevated by bringing Mankind Divided to the Goty discussion. Even when the overall reception has only been decent, not great.

Tankard

I like the OT a bit clearer like this, in the other OT you had to scroll down a bit to find links like the Patreon and it seemed a bit hidden.

Here's to 20k more posts.

1HUQM8a.gif

L&R

UrbanRats

So unfortunately I need to start my posting in new OT giving some negative feedback. I've slept on it so I'm not nearly as pissed off anymore, which I was while watching the new podcast.

In the last OT people were shocked about the "Uncharted and Doom hate" that the games allegedly got in the GOTY discussion. But those discussions weren't anything compared to Xcom 2 discussion. And the blame is on Ian. He talked straight up bullshit about it. I really don't mind if Ian doesn't like the game or has no interest in it. But please don't kill the discussion before it even starts by shouthing shit like "everybody hated it, Ben hated it." Speak for yourself, don't try to validate your own opinions by making stuff up. Huber should have thrown the prove it ticket to his face. I went for the source and Watched Ben's review of the game again. Score 9.3, few quotes from the review "the missions, characters, mechanics and flow all have dramatically been improved" and "One of those rare games that's so gripping you want everyone to play it. Not just those already fond of the genre". Jones tried to correct Ian on this, but instead "oh I was mistaken then" he doubled down making up more stuff "he said it's worse than the first one". Which is opposite that was said in the review. So yeah, edited by Ian Hinck btw. I love you Ian, I really do. But don't act like this ever again. I was really worried that they wouldn't include Xcom 2 in the discussion since it came so early in the year and was a PC exclusive. I literally clapped my hands and cheered when Kyle brought the game up and also in very positive light, "This might do well". But it was very quickly changed to anger and frustration. The game was received well by critics overall and especially by Ben. So don't be disrespectful to the developers, to Ben and to the viewers by spewing nonsense. And then go on rambling about specific puzzles in the Witness, it's a discussion that people not familiar with the game can't follow. As Kyle also pointed out that the Witness discussion went off the rails.

Now that I got this off my chest, I need to mention that my mood was elevated by bringing Mankind Divided to the Goty discussion. Even when the overall reception has only been decent, not great.

Lol i had the same reaction as Jones.
I thought "didn't Ben really like the game? I guess i remember wrong."

Tankard

snip But those discussions weren't anything compared to Xcom 2 discussion. And the blame is on Ian. snip

Unfortunately he does that a lot, he did a lot of that also in the GT podcast too, he would make a definitive stament about something and when called out, he would say something like "well, i read 2 or 3 people on my twitter", i mean, it is easy to still be in the conversation even though you don't have goood knowledge of something, you just pass around the information you have without the necessity to say the whole world thinks that way. Recently we had the Ni-Oh whitewashing claim, before that the niggle word "controversy".

Again, like i once said in the first OT once, love Ian too much, but some of his mannerisms sometimes are just not cool,

In the last OT people were shocked about the "Uncharted and Doom hate" that the games allegedly got in the GOTY discussion. But those discussions weren't anything compared to Xcom 2 discussion. And the blame is on Ian. He talked straight up bullshit about it. I really don't mind if Ian doesn't like the game or has no interest in it. But please don't kill the discussion before it even starts by shouthing shit like "everybody hated it, Ben hated it." Speak for yourself, don't try to validate your own opinions by making stuff up. Huber should have thrown the prove it ticket to his face. I went for the source and Watched Ben's review of the game again. Score 9.3, few quotes from the review "the missions, characters, mechanics and flow all have dramatically been improved" and "One of those rare games that's so gripping you want everyone to play it. Not just those already fond of the genre". Jones tried to correct Ian on this, but instead "oh I was mistaken then" he doubled down making up more stuff "he said it's worse than the first one". Which is opposite that was said in the review. So yeah, edited by Ian Hinck btw. I love you Ian, I really do. But don't act like this ever again. I was really worried that they wouldn't include Xcom 2 in the discussion since it came so early in the year and was a PC exclusive. I literally clapped my hands and cheered when Kyle brought the game up and also in very positive light, "This might do well". But it was very quickly changed to anger and frustration. The game was received well by critics overall and especially by Ben. So don't be disrespectful to the developers, to Ben and to the viewers by spewing nonsense. And then go on rambling about specific puzzles in the Witness, it's a discussion that people not familiar with the game can't follow. As Kyle also pointed out that the Witness discussion went off the rails.

What is up with GT/EzA's weird XCOM 2 curse? First they spend a huge amount of time in a podcast talking about how the XCOM 2 trailer didn't tell them anything after missing IGN's entire XCOM 2 debut info dump, now they just let Ian talk smack about a game they saw demo'd on GT Live with the developers right there. I get that aside from Ben, most of the Allies probably didn't get much (if any) time with it, but I've never seen these guys misrepresent any other game as badly.

Ben even had to clarify that and correct Ian on Twitter and he was all like "oops, must've been someone else then".

I really love Ian, still do, of course. I also don't want him to hold back on his opinions at all, but it would be great if someone else was there to challenge him every now and then. But that could also turn in endless debates and I wouldn't want that either.

Weird situation.

Massa

There was a lot of backlash against Xcom 2 when it came out because of technical issues, Ian probably just remembered it wrong.

Servbot24

Banned

Holy shit dude, lol. And that's after sleeping it off apparently.

" I love you Ian, I really do. But don't act like this ever again."

This is downright creepy. :|

Budi

Holy shit dude, lol. And that's after sleeping it off apparently.

" I love you Ian, I really do. But don't act like this ever again."

This is downright creepy. :|

Yeah it's harsh I know but creepy? Maybe I understand the word differently since i'm not native english speaker. But as I said i'm not against personal opinions, he can call the game shit if he feels so. But pure lies don't belong in the podcast. And there is no defense for his behaviour at this case. And I'm not asking for him to not appear in podcasts or anything, that has happened to other ally in previous thread for much lesser offense. But nobody wants to see that kind of behaviour, there are no positives to it. It's just spreading misinformation that can be harmful.

Edit: I edited the earlier post to "But don't act like this again please" to make it less harsh.

Servbot24

Banned
Yeah it's harsh I know but creepy? Maybe I understand the word differently since i'm not native english speaker. But as I said i'm not against personal opinions, he can call the game shit if he feels so. But pure lies don't belong in the podcast. And there is no defense for his behaviour at this case. And I'm not asking for him to not appear in podcasts or anything, that has happened to other ally in previous thread for much lesser offense. But nobody wants to see that kind of behaviour, there are no positives to it. It's just spreading misinformation that can be harmful.

Edit: I edited the earlier post to "But don't act like this again please" to make it less harsh.

It might be misinformation but it's harmless. Just some guys casually chatting, they can't be expected to remember every opinion that every person has had about every game.

No worries though man, I know that the nuances of different languages are a bit subtle. Just don't follow up later like this:

tumblr_m78psyjtdp1r17qi5o10_250.gif

;)

Budi

It might be misinformation but it's harmless. Just some guys casually chatting, they can't be expected to remember every opinion that every person has had about every game.

No worries though man, I know that the nuances of different languages are a bit subtle. Just don't follow up later like this:

tumblr_m78psyjtdp1r17qi5o10_250.gif

;)

Haha, yeah I get it now.

But it's not necessarily harmless. If someone doesn't follow that much gaming media and Xcom 2 isn't really a mainstream title so it's not that often the topic of discussion. Now people would think that game isn't worth their time. Especially if it's someone who values Ben's opinion (and didn't follow Gametrailers). This can hurt the game, since the impression of the game they have doesn't match with reality. There's also the console version coming so the timing is unfortunate too. And maybe you care more about if it can harm Eza, it can do that also. Let's say it was my first podcast of EZA and i'm a big fan of Xcom 2. Then I hear that they have such a ridicilous view of an excellent game. Hmmm, maybe this crew isn't from me. They seem to appreciate different style games. And then I go looking for another podcast to follow. Few examples here, I'm sure i'm not only one who sees how this can be harmful. This is why I was so angered by Ian's comments, not because he talked bad about a game I like but the possible harm. And I don't except him to remember other peoples opinions. But there's no reason to tell them when you don't. Especially with such hyperbole.

Budi

I mean I could have sworn the GAF consensus was that XCOM 2 was pretty bad

Interesting, did you follow the OT when the game released? From what I remember the perfomance was criticized and some people didn't like the added round timers. But because of the insane mod support at launch this wasn't a problem at all. Other than that I remember it being positive.

Oh also, the two latest Fiasco episodes have been very good. Kyle is starting to become my MVP Fiasco player, since he bounced so well with Ben and Brandon. Their character interactions were the best. While Ben and Brandon were my favorites, it was always Kyle on the other side of conversation. I hope Fiasco would become more regular thing. And the little more grounded wedding Fiasco was great, not every game needs to end in a massacre.

Erudite

I mean I could have sworn the GAF consensus was that XCOM 2 was pretty bad
In my experience, the only knock against I had against the initial release was issues with performance, though nothing that made it unplayable. Otherwise, the game builds on the 2012 release in every way for the better imo.

Performance issues have been remedied at this point, and I'm looking forward to when I have the time to go back and do a IM-Legend run with both the DLC installed.

I was kinda disappointed that the discussion was shot down on the podcast too, but it sounds like no one on the panel really had much experience with it anyway so I doubt it would've gone far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom