• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex 3 realtime screenshots revealed

Gribbix

In-game screenshots:
84kbf.jpg

6dmut.jpg

9x7jv.jpg

35k4s.jpg

2hw7i.jpg

4iky0.jpg

50m4e.jpg

1vkp3.jpg

7j8fo.jpg

73621_deusexhumanrevopey3.jpeg

There are also some new magazine scans floating around with additional images.

Xater

I think this looks really cool. Can't really tell that this is the Crystal Engine. I was worried about how they would recreate their CG stuff with that engine after seeing Tomb Raider. Apparently that concern was unfounded.

Rad-

They actually managed to get some of that art into gameplay shots? I'm pretty impressed with that. For example the background city in the first pic looks ace.

Overall looks solid. Good enough for me.

i'm sure some people are going to bitch, but neither of the first two deus ex games were especially strong technically. The second was technically okay, but much much worse.

What matters is that they've nailed the look and feel of the universe that pops into my head when i see the words 'deus ex'.

Hype level slightly raised for me.

Jenga

Banned
John Harker said:
third person? cool. was the original first?
Yep. Completely first person. However you can switch between 1st and 3rd depending on your preference, in DX3 so there you go. Still disappointed first person stealth does that 3rd person take-down stuff however.

Jenga

Banned
plagiarize said:
What matters is that they've nailed the look and feel of the universe that pops into my head when i see the words 'deus ex'.
Sadly, while they managed to shape it to your expectations, they didn't do it to the actual game!

But whatever, the screenshots are alright. Bit yellowy imo tho

Gravijah

The color palette really fits the setting, no hating here.

REV 09 said:
anyone else get a metal gear vibe from this?

the mechs actually remind me of a robot from rise of the robots... :lol

feel

Fuck, loved the trailer, loving these screens, I really shouldn't be getting hyped for this after the sequel, but screw it... HYPED!!

syllogism

pc gamer article mentioned some augmentations

" * Enhanced vision: See through walls, analyse structures for weak spots to smash through (so not all walls will be breakable, sadly)
* Mind reading
* Mind control: There will be social repurcussions for using this.
* Cloak
* Claymore
* "Icarus landing system": :Lets you drop from heights silently and safely, or if you hold the fire button, you slam into the ground and stun nearby enemies.
* Strength: As with Deus Ex, but also dampens recoil, and later on lets you punch through selected walls.
* Wrist blades
* Hacking module
* Mysterious splayed hand"

Supposedly 19 overall

"# Augmentations are bought with cash from "Limb Clinics," and once bought, they are then upgraded with XP to reflect Adam getting used to them. They start with basic functionality, but higher levels add extra features, rather than just making them more powerful. I'm fine with this system.
# In addition to your arms, there are 19 other augs to choose from (and it seems you can buy them in any order, as long as you have the cash - this is just the impression I get, however.) Each aug has 4 or 5 extra functions unlocked with XP."

"#You can pick up bodies - dead or alive, though I sense only "alive" if they're unconscious - and hide them.
#Guards can revive other unconscious guards."

LaneDS

Damn, looks great. Good trailer too, now just need to see where it falls gameplay wise between 1 and 2 (I'm already assuming it won't touch the first game, but I'd like to be surprised).

35k4s.jpg

I really hope "stealth gameplay" hasn't become "slaughter everyone as long as they're not facing you" like in every other game.

Xater

Letters said:
Fuck, loved the trailer, loving these screens, I really shouldn't be getting hyped for this after the sequel, but screw it... HYPED!!

Yeah I think I am also on the offcially hyped side now. I hope the gameplay will not disappoint. E3 gameplay can not come soon enough.

Jenga

Banned
out0v0rder said:
deus ex should have more "blue"
:lol

I was just thinking that. I hope they let us customize the UI color, I'd be sad if we're stuck with whatever they give us. Which will most likely be either brown or yellow :lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
EmCeeGramr said:
I really hope "stealth gameplay" hasn't become "slaughter everyone as long as they're not facing you" like in every other game.

mmmm....

I thought stealth is all about people not facing you.

subversus said:
mmmm....

I thought stealth is all about people not facing you.
stealth is all about not being detected, regardless of whether they're facing you or not

killing is a separate component, and can any times be antithetical to stealth since you're leaving evidence that you were there

that's why it's so satisfying in MGS, Thief, Hitman, or Deus Ex, to make it through an area or mission without being spotted or having to kill a single person

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks interesting, very Blade Runner-ish. I've never played the original game, though I vaguely remember buying the sequel and taking it back to GAME after about 2 days, but the setting and style sound great.

Top Bottom