• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Brings Back Szechuan Dipping Sauce on October 7th, One Day Only

PInk Tape

Banned
Lets see...

It's only one day at a specific time

The closest location for me is an hour away.

I wanted to try it but no thanks.

Owari

There's nothing at McDonalds I can eat that doesn't give me a stomach ache, but I'll sure as shit be there to get that sweet scechuan sauce baby

Zubz

Banned
I have a broken ankle, so I don't know if I can make the drive, & I don't think I could convince anyone to drive to Latrobe/from Pittsburgh just to get me some Szechuan Sauce. Guh...

Some of those other ones seem good, too.

Zubz

Banned
Wait, Szechuan Sauce is only in Pittsburgh?! I don't care about the posters.

More importantly, what good is having a damn Big Mac Museum in Irwin if they're not doing anything there?

They better bring this back to all locations when the new Mulan movie drops.
I'm also still pissed that I didnt get to try this when I was a kid. The only thing I ever ate as a kid at mcds was chicken nuggets and sprite. but NOBODY offered this sauce to me when the movie was around smh 😤😤

RRockman

Banned
There's only one location with the sauce in Indianapolis...

See you around I guess? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm a sucker for rare items so I can't help my self sometimes. The pressing matter is that I might have work that day and that would slap me right out of it.

border

I am excited for everyone to be able to try this,and realize it's absolutely mediocre.

I might go to one of the McDonald's that has it, but those places are such a god-damned shitshow 24/7 that I don't expect half the employees to know what's going on or to have the posters/sauce in stock. Like, you'll ask for the sauce that the cashier will just give you a puzzled look and start asking the manager about it.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Sweet. 15 minute walk to the 9th street Corvallis Oregon one.

Going see if I can get any.

Edit: oh shit it has to say that sauce under them? Damn. Why does it list the city at all then. other cities are entirely missing from thier list, unless they are still building the database...

Zubz

Banned
I've never tried it..

I don't think many of us have. I was even alive for it, but it was during my "picky eater" phase so I never ordered anything but ketchup. Speaking of which...

They better bring this back to all locations when the new Mulan movie drops.
I'm also still pissed that I didnt get to try this when I was a kid. The only thing I ever ate as a kid at mcds was chicken nuggets and sprite. but NOBODY offered this sauce to me when the movie was around smh ����

Me too! But yeah. Most people are just curious because Rick & Morty manufactured some unexpected hype for it.

Only ones that will have the sauce in my state are way too far to drive.

I mean, I'm glad they brought it back, but the way they're doing is some Nintendo-level bullshit.

No canada.

tenor.gif

Hey that’s my birthday. I’m looking forward to trying some. There’s one near UCF that will have it but I’m guessing that location will be picked.

Dyle

What the fuck McDonalds? You're launching a new "Signature Sauce" that will be available pretty much everywhere/all the time, but you can only give the Szechuan sauce for one day at super select locations? Fuck this PR bullshit, it's even worse than the Disney Vault

Theres SO MANY McDonalds in Houston and the only participating ones are in southeast houston and downtown. Seriously?!?

otakukidd

Literally just one in Columbus that has the sauce.

WHY.
No it gets worse. There is only 1 in Columbus, the campus one. And the time it's given out is right before the osu football game. I think this will level up from being a shit show all the was to a clusterfuck.

border

So what is going to be at the restaurants that don't say "Szechaun Available"? Just the posters? Nothing at all?

LQX

Wonder if I can sell that poster on Ebay to pay for a years worth of nuggets. Worth a try. It will surely be hard to get.

Top Bottom