• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5: hundreds of cars (120 new), 24 players online

shinnn

UPDATE: reported as innacurate by Turn10

Ha, I see I've been spotted!

Anyway, just wanted to post here quickly that the Forza Motorsport 5 product description that was recently posted online was inaccurate and was pulled once we became aware of it. We plan to reveal more details on our car list and multiplayer car count in the coming weeks.

thanks to saladine1

Link racing games: Whether you are a beginner or experienced pilot, Forza Motorsport 5 is for you! Hundreds of cars reproduced to perfection, more than 120 new available from the start. Change in your garage and choose to ride on the legendary circuit or in the heart of cities around the world.

A unique multiplayer experience: With 24 drivers for the first time on the same course online, do yourself a name among the gaming communities. The matchmaking system Smart Match offers a whole new multiplayer experience, fast and competitive, perfectly suited to your skills and style. Finally for the first time, Forza5 benefit from dedicated servers.

source: amazon.fr

"Hundreds of cars" Bombshell.

Joking aside. That is such a useless statement. It could mean as little as 200 or as big as 900 lol.

24 cars on the grid? Time to have a mock GP.

Power of the cloud, clearly. Definitely dedicated servers in play here.

Darklord

Banned
What does it mean 120 new cars? Are they pulling a GT5 and having "premium" and "standard" cars pulled from older games?

But if 24 player online races were true, then wouldn't Dan have been screaming this from the rooftops in his recent PR interviews?

Seems like too big of a feature to completely slip his mind during all those recent interviews.

saladine1

But if 24 player online races were true, then wouldn't Dan have been screaming this from the rooftops in his recent PR interviews?

Seems like too big of a feature to completely slip his mind during all those recent interviews.

According to B, the number hasn't been finalized. This was months back.
Could indeed be set now..

Majanew

Banned
120 cars total would be fine with me, let alone hundreds. I only drive about 10 or so and stick with an R1 once I get it and it's allowed in a race. I'll take hundreds of tracks, though.

Omni

Could be a number of reasons why - Perhaps they're still tinkering around with the numbers. There's a still a few months to launch... not that big of a jump to think that this hasn't been set in stone yet.

It would be cool if true though.

Although I imagine it would be track-specific. Because 24 cars on thin, small tracks like Amalfi Coast would be pure mayhem.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
24 players online should mean 24 +/- in single right? thats awesome if true. was secretly hoping for 24

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I don't like sim racers but I am interested to see how the online part of Forza works in real life as an indication for others games.

24 players is a good start certainly.

eso76

What does it mean 120 new cars? Are they pulling a GT5 and having "premium" and "standard" cars pulled from older games?

All 650 (?) cars in the franchise are modeled with 350.000 / 500.000 polys detail, which is as high or better than GT5 premiums, so definitely not a premium/standard situation here.

op_ivy

i'd imagine something like this isnt locked down till closer to the end, especially being this is on new hardware.

op_ivy

cant wait to have 3 class races with 8 cars per class. awesome.

Dat extra Mhz.

not sure if you are joking but both upclocks likely played a (small) role in this. maybe it was just enough to make it stable 60?

All 650 (?) cars in the franchise are modeled with 350.000 / 500.000 polys detail, which is as high or better than GT5 premiums, so definitely not a premium/standard situation here.

I thought it was known already they were redoing all cars for F5 no?

WiZzYx

Neo Member
24 cars on the grid? Time to have a mock GP.
Makes sense...now, we have open-wheel cars like

d55115f0-5174-40fe-8f0a-b1399787f43e.jpg

Dis gonna b good. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
It would be cool if true though.

Although I imagine it would be track-specific. Because 24 cars on thin, small tracks like Amalfi Coast would be pure mayhem.
It might be track-specific in single-player, but I think the number is largely focused on multiplayer grid sizes, where you cant limit numbers based on the track for obvious practical reasons.

Seanspeed

Banned
I bet they wont even think about lengthening the matchmaking races, though.

24 players with 3 laps is positively stupid and its a shame that's what 90% of players will flock to.

eso76

24 players with 3 laps is positively stupid and its a shame that's what 90% of players will flock to.

also, with 24 cars, qualifying session start getting rather important.

op_ivy

would be nice to have "# of laps" as an option under difficulty before each race. to incentivise people to race with more you'd earn more credits equivalent to the increase in time invested.

ElNino

Aren't they all visible and interactive in autovista? Means they had to rework pretty much all of them.
True, I think there were only about 30 or so cars available for Autovista in F4 so I would think they would need to go back to most of the cars if they are indeed all available this time.

shandy706

Aren't they all visible and interactive in autovista? Means they had to rework pretty much all of them.

They certainly had to do at least a little work on every car. I guess those 120 are built from absolutely nothing (being new).

I don't expect as many cars in Forza 5, but I'm ok with that if they're delivering all these awesome new tracks and EVERY car is (Auto)Forzavista quality.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg

Satchel

Banned
I never understood why these racing sims (not just Forza) need so many cars. I'd love to see the stats on which cars are actually used.

Top Bottom