• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Okay, so the deal with the Shatter vinyls is we stopped selling them because our remaining stock of 52 copies had covers which were slightly creased, bent, and/or otherwise blemished. The vinyl itself is fine. We couldn't in good conscious keep selling them as "new" though, so we stopped.

If anybody still wanted a copy despite the damage, send me a PM with your email address and we'll see what we can work out.

Audioboxer

Okay, so the deal with the Shatter vinyls is we stopped selling them because our remaining stock of 52 copies had covers which were slightly creased, bent, and/or otherwise blemished. The vinyl itself is fine. We couldn't in good conscious keep selling them as "new" though, so we stopped.

If anybody still wanted a copy despite the damage, send me a PM with your email address and we'll see what we can work out.

Good man!

I bought it back at release, as the soundtrack is fantastic.

that's great news, damage certainly lowers the collectable value but works perfect for us fans who missed out on when they were originally sold and want a piece of gaming legend in our shelves and record players :)

jacobeid

Banned
that's great news, damage certainly lowers the collectable value but works perfect for us fans who missed out on when they were originally sold and want a piece of gaming legend in our shelves and record players :)

Yup! I'm just trying to own this thing at all!

SegaShack

Definitely a huge vinyl fan. If you hear a Michael Jackson or Beatles album on vinyl vs CD the difference is huge.

Anyways, so far I own the Super Mario Land and Super Sonic Dance attack vinyl as well as a Pac Land picturedisc.

I'll definitely be buying the Streets of Rage and Megaman vinyl coming out. Thanks for the heads up.

Awesome thread. I'm a big record collector so I love it whenever my two hobbies collide. Here's my fairly meager collection of game vinyl:

6XNJHeoh.jpg

The Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory album was one I was searching for for ages, was so glad to find it at a decent price. The Mel Croucher album of ZX Spectrum music up top is definitely my weirdest find.

Also, while not strictly a game soundtrack, I am really happy to have this:

I'm on the lookout for the 180 gram version, but they're both pretty pricey so I'm thrilled to at least have this one. Wish they'd hurry up and put Act II out on vinyl.

I'm trying to be a bit more vigilant about ordering game soundtracks and stuff now. I will never forgive myself for not ordering the Red Dead OST when I had the chance back when it first came out. I just wish there was more available. There are a few out there I could grab, but the pickings are pretty slim - for example, there's the two Halo Anniversary albums, but there truncated, cheaply packed, and I'm not a huge fan of the redone scores compared to the originals. Ah well. Here's hoping that Shenmue OST is a good pressing!

Here's my current collection.

I used to have more (including the 5-disc Final Fantasy Vinyls set), but I sold them for moneys. I don't listen to them, strictly collectable only. As far as I know, all 3 of these are unplayed.

5401-1195179715.jpg

That's the only one I want, but it's rare and I want it badly :(
I used to have the cassette version of this one... probably not as desirable. It had Zelda on one side and Murasame Castle on the other. Bought it from the world-famous Super Potato in Akihabara. Sold it, though.

Great that the entire Streets of Rage Trilogy will be able to make it into the action!

Now if only they'd go mad with power and maximum nose-thumbing and somehow manage to get the same treatment for SoRR and the dream would be well and truly complete...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
You know what OST I would kill to have on vinyl? Silent Hill 3.

latest

I'm replaying the game atm and the OST is pure perfection: You're Not Alone, I Want Love, Breeze in Monochrome Night, and my personal favorite, Letter from the Lost Days. This OST is pure gold.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Thanks for those sending me their details regarding the Shatter vinyl. I'm traveling on business at the moment (currently in Germany), so I'll skip replying to you individually and get somebody back in the office to follow up with each of you directly.

Thanks for those sending me their details regarding the Shatter vinyl. I'm traveling on business at the moment (currently in Germany), so I'll skip replying to you individually and get somebody back in the office to follow up with each of you directly.

let me know if you are in Finland, i'll buy you a beer! :D

Tablo

I'll be completely honest, most of what I own on vinyl would sound technically better as a digital file. I don't buy vinyl for better 'quality', and I think it's silly for people do to so. It's an inferior format when compared to lossless digital IMO.

That said, I buy vinyl records of the albums I really really like. There's a nice tangibility that comes with a big physical piece of music, that is lost when I buy the same album on iTunes.

There's also something nice about the tea ceremony around setting up a record to listen to. To listen to a record, you have to really want to listen to it, go to the effort of setting it up and you can't skip around tracks. It forces me to listen through albums in their entirety and there's just something nice about the whole procedure that makes no sense but I like it anyway.
Thank you, these are legit reasons for people who want vinyl, I don't, but I see the appeal. It slows things down, something very hard to do with digital mediums.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Good news. We found a stack of over a couple of dozen albums in good condition. Enough to cover all inquiries in here, and put back up for sale on Bandcamp.

Charlie from the office will be in touch to those who PMed me to organize purchase and shipping. You'll have the option for either the good condition ones at full price or the ones with damaged covers heavily discounted to just cover our costs.

MattyG

Banned
Did anyone elses Hotline Miami 2 CE have a tear/tears on the corner of the sleeve? It seems like it just kind of split open on the edge in a couple places.

Hey! What's going on with that Mega Man 1-10 vinyl that Hot Topic was supposed to get yesterday? Was there a delay? The online store hasn't said anything about it.

Hey! What's going on with that Mega Man 1-10 vinyl that Hot Topic was supposed to get yesterday? Was there a delay? The online store hasn't said anything about it.

Megaman 1-2, 4-10 you mean!

Dunno, SpaceLab9 website has been down ever since and even the twitter account has stopped posting. Probably cancelled? Or atleast delayed.

Gaf US agents with access to the nearest Hot Topic sent to investigate?

EVO

I've got Shatter, Machinarium and Bioshock on vinyl.

So glad Shatter is in my collection. It deserves a repress.

Maybe they sold out. It was limited to 1000, right? I'm waiting for the non-picture disc version anyway.

Hot Topic lists sold out items on their website.

edit:
jacobeid did some ninja work and: "Spacelab9: Release has been pushed back as there was a delay at pressing plant. New date shall be announced soon"

Gruso

Good news. We found a stack of over a couple of dozen albums in good condition. Enough to cover all inquiries in here, and put back up for sale on Bandcamp.

Charlie from the office will be in touch to those who PMed me to organize purchase and shipping. You'll have the option for either the good condition ones at full price or the ones with damaged covers heavily discounted to just cover our costs.
Got my email. Thanks team Mario and Charlie!

That SoR teaser sample is definitely nice and it looks like they indeed put some thought/effort proper into it as far as the little write up on the track info indicates.

Fox Mulder

These are neat for collecting, I dont really have a vinyl bug, yet.

I do have some laserdiscs of my favorite movies since they're nice to display with great box art.

These are neat for collecting, I dont really have a vinyl bug, yet.

I do have some laserdiscs of my favorite movies since they're nice to display with great box art.

Oh for sure, has a similar effect as any collectors edition version of the game that comes with a statue or keychain or whatever. You don't need to be able to listen to the contents even though that's a nice bonus.

And i want to show support to the artists and labels who put this amazing stuff on vinyl instead of churning out the same Beatles and Pink Floyd albums every year.

wiibomb

didn't know the vinyl resurgence was getting so strong..

I wonder if there is something like this for Xenoblade... ohhhh that OST

Top Bottom