• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

Not that I don't already have more things to play than time atm, but I bet after all the wait VVVVVV hits the Euro/NZ store the same week as Sakura Samurai does so I'm split what to play!

At least I didn't bother trying to get Cave Story 3D of eBay in the end, prices are stupid so it put me off.

I would recommend VVVVVV over Sakura Samurai. Quite a bit more meat to the former. The latter is pretty good mechanic-wise, but if you are going to play it quickly to the end, you'll find the repetitive locales jarring.

Also, someone better get Denpa Ningen over here. Nintendo, I know you can do it.

Nintendo needs to hurry up and start releasing pokemon games on virtual console for 3ds or w/e it's called.

They won't hurry up. They want the newer Pokemon games to sell. Releasing older Pokemon games will not help that. But R/B/G are old...and the remakes are getting old, too.

Javier

Pokemon Gen 1 hasn't aged well at all. I can't go back to having all the items crammed on a single screen. I just can't.

Another thing about re-releasing Pokemon games on VC is that you can't trade or import those Pokemon to any of the later games, like the DS game. I don't think they'll ever put the GB or GBA games on VC unless they make it so a 3DS game can import the Pokemon from them or something.

Thores

Another thing about re-releasing Pokemon games on VC is that you can't trade or import those Pokemon to any of the later games, like the DS game. I don't think they'll ever put the GB or GBA games on VC unless they make it so a 3DS game can import the Pokemon from them or something.

Not only this, but all the released GB VC games so far, if they had any sort of multiplayer, have had it disabled. Basically, a dude who downloaded Red wouldn't be able to trade or battle, even locally, with his 3DS owning friend that downloaded Blue. I don't think the tansferring to new gens is as big an issue, but I don't think we'll see R/B/Y or G/S/C for a while, at least until they solve the multiplayer issue.

OMG Aero

Nintendo should release the Pokemon spin off games on VC instead of the main series games.

I would pay any price to have Pokemon Pinball and the Trading Card Game on my 3DS.

Except PEGI is legally enforced in a few countries. Whether it applies to digital-only games is not well defined, but if stronger enforcement ever comes to pass they don't have to deal with the fallout of having to suddenly rate hundreds/thousands of games all at once.

Also, the built-in parental controls would be (even more) useless without ratings or using a custom rating that has nothing to do with the one used by retail.

Hm. I was under the impression that the App Store skipped existing ratings systems - is that not the case?

backlot

Pokemon Gen 1 hasn't aged well at all. I can't go back to having all the items crammed on a single screen. I just can't.

But there are fewer items than in the modern games so it doesn't really matter. I still like playing gen 1 just because of how much simpler that games were.

Baconbitz

Banned
Yeah, for $2 it's worth a try, I guess. But I'm curious why they didn't opt for controls similar to Geometry Wars DS, or at least offer that as an option. For a twin-stick shooter on DS/3DS, I'm much rather use my stylus to aim and move with the d-pad/buttons.

Does it have online or is it LAN only?

Apparently TMNT on the NES has been removed from the Wii Shop in every region.

Not a big loss, but still.

What?! I wanted to play that some time or another! They should give ou like a months heads up before stuff like this happens!

I hope I already downloaded it. I've got so much on the Wii Shop that I really have no idea lol.

Chuckpebble

Are we gonna get more Game boy color games soon?

Yes. This. Played Mighty Switch Force, got into Shantae: Risky's Revenge as a result (a very sincere thank you to GAF for that by the way) and I'm currently watching some dude's LP of the GBC Shantae on Youtube. C'mon, Nintendo. I need that in my pocket!

M-PG71C

I want Kirby's Block Ball damnit to hell. And Wario Land 1. C'mon NOA!

Anyone thinks we're going to get it tomorrow or will it be EU exclusive for a week (or month)?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Removed TMNT from the list of current VC titles on the spreadsheet -- anyone know exactly when it got taken down?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• [URL="http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsiware/knhj/index.html]Come On! Heroes[/URL] (Arc System Works | 500 Points | ¥500) Upcoming (02/15)

Hale-XF11

Anyone notice in the eShop now, when you go to the information for, say, Resident Evil Revelaitons, the choices (for demo, rating, related videos, etc.) now rotate in a circle instead of sliding left and right.

DDayton

Anyone notice in the eShop now, when you go to the information for, say, Resident Evil Revelaitons, the choices (for demo, rating, related videos, etc.) now rotate in a circle instead of sliding left and right.

Which region?

watershed

Banned

Yeah its new, I think Sonic and Mario Olympics has it too. I'm guessing all games will have it now on but they didn't bother to retroactively apply it to the old games.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Not a major improvement, but neat nonetheless.

Tyeforce

I noticed this the other day, it's pretty neat! lol

Also, I just noticed that the Green Lantern Trailer has an update... It's not even available in the eShop anymore! What is it with these updates?

DDayton

Also, I just noticed that the Green Lantern Trailer has an update... It's not even available in the eShop anymore! What is it with these updates?
I was going to mention this, but forgot to while posting earlier...

Something must be going on behind the scenes with regards to 3DS titles. Either there's a potential security hole being fixed (which seems unlikely, as I'd expect more titles getting updates each time), or some sort of functionality is being added.

I can't imagine -what- functionality could be added, but...

M3d10n

Hm. I was under the impression that the App Store skipped existing ratings systems - is that not the case?
Mobile phone games are gray area, kinda like flash games. Also, nobody seems to be enforcing rating on online content so far and Apple probably believes they can wrestle their own rating system as a valid one should the situation change.

If it doesn't work, Apple can simply remove the games section in whatever country that had the audacity of mandating ratings and be done with it (as long as it isn't the US or the entire EU), just like they did in the Brazilian, South Korean and South African appstores, as example.

I was going to mention this, but forgot to while posting earlier...

Something must be going on behind the scenes with regards to 3DS titles. Either there's a potential security hole being fixed (which seems unlikely, as I'd expect more titles getting updates each time), or some sort of functionality is being added.

I can't imagine -what- functionality could be added, but...

...not to mention that patching a hole a handful of titles at a time through non-compulsory updates would seem to be a spectacularly stupid way of handling security.

Mobile phone games are gray area, kinda like flash games. Also, nobody seems to be enforcing rating on online content so far and Apple probably believes they can wrestle their own rating system as a valid one should the situation change.

If it doesn't work, Apple can simply remove the games section in whatever country that had the audacity of mandating ratings and be done with it (as long as it isn't the US or the entire EU), just like they did in the Brazilian appstore, as example.

Blimey - that's pretty rough for Brazilian customers to just have a whole section of the Store cut out. I couldn't see them doing the same in the US or EU, but I wonder what they would do if they were obliged to implement PEGI/ESRB ratings for all of the games on the Store - pass that responsibility and cost on to the developer/publisher with the threat of removal?

DDayton

...not to mention that patching a hole a handful of titles at a time through non-compulsory updates would seem to be a spectacularly stupid way of handling security.

Well, it would seem to be, unless it were security through obscurity...

If there -is- something being added, it is problematic as it would appear that 3DS game cards aren't going to get any such "improvement"... unless NCL got smart and is silently including "on the fly" patches in the background memory for game cards.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

This basically confirms that these updates aren't real updates, just bugs on Nintendo's side of the things.

NeoRausch

There also updates for the rest of the NES ambassador games, after a handfull of them had an update last week.

strange stuff going on.

next week we start with the GBA ambassador games? :p

Today's EU update (from OP):

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software and Demos

• CRUSH3D Demo Version (Sega | €0.00 | £0.00)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | WiiWare

• BurgerTime World Tour (Monkeypaw Games | 1000 Points)

Wii | Virtual Console

• The King of Fighters '97 (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Gaia's Moon (EnjoyUp Games | 200 Points | €2.00 | £1.80)
  • Crazy Cheebo: Puzzle Party (Cypronia | 200 Points | €2.00 | £1.80)

Can't wait to check out the CRUSH3D demo, the eShop trailer pretty much sold me the game and since I'm not buying One Piece Unlimlited Cruise SP thanks to Scamco publishing an incomplete product I guess I could buy it...

---

By the way, I didn't see this new eShop game posted here: SpeedX 3D

Robin64

Have the NES games been given the save state and 3D NES icon on the home screen now, then?

Edit: Oh sweet, Kirby's Block Ball in Europe today! A game I never got hold of at the time, so this is perfect.

StayDead

Finished the first three dungeons in Denpa Ningen. I really hope this gets localized for people without Japanese 3DS' it really is fantastic fun.

Did you guys import one? I wish I can but it's too expensive :(

I hope there's a new US demo today.

LOL, you'll get nothing (except some obscure Game Boy game noone gives a crap about) and like it!

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - FEB. 9, 2012

Feb. 9, 2012
This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo Video™
Dinosaur Office: Romance (available Feb. 14 at 9 a.m. PST) - Craig deals with matters of the heart. Rawr! (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo eShop
Maru's Mission™ - Play as the ninja Maru in this action-packed side-scrolling game that will take you on a journey across the world. To rescue his girlfriend, Maru must face a number of mythological monsters. (For Nintendo 3DS)

WiiWare™
BurgerTime World Tour - This new version of the arcade classic features an innovative 3D environment and elevated retro game play. Enjoy challenging platform elements, boss characters and more than 20 meaty levels. (For Wii™)

Also new this week:
• 40-in-1 Explosive Megamix (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloaddab83T65.php.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.

<<Back

Top Bottom