• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

IzzyF3

9f999a883332a415aad9c61482aa34a3a53ec340.jpg

http://tearaway.me/p/pqz7

Spent too much time making Iota into a Gundam... now to actually play the game xD

That is so freaking badass.

KORNdoggy

I am missing one single confetti in
Maypole Fields
and the
mouse paper craft and one red present in The Barn
. Does anyone have an idea where these things ought to be? I have scoured both these levels inside and out three times and am clueless as to their whereabouts. In the second level I mentioned I did find the
red present where you turn the chute to the left side of the screen, rather than the right

For the second question, there is a bit where the stilt scraps are introduced and you fight them off and then go up an elevator, behind the guy who raised the elevator is a "mouse hole" you can roll in to find the things your looking for.

As for the first question, i'm in the same situation. Got knows where it is.

Number45

I thought you could have multiple saves on the game, is that not the case? If not, means I'll need to finish with it before I can let my daughters play. :(

EDIT: And I just found the new profile option. ^_^

Copenap

Just finished the game, wow.

I normally don't like the term in the context of gaming but what an amazing experience. MM can be really proud of themselves, this game is truely something special.

I thought you could have multiple saves on the game, is that not the case? If not, means I'll need to finish with it before I can let my daughters play. :(

EDIT: And I just found the new profile option. ^_^
How does the new profile work? Is it possible to have multiple profiles or is it overriding the existing one?

Number45

How does the new profile work? Is it possible to have multiple profiles or is it overriding the existing one?
When you tap the button, it takes you to a screen where you can save - but at the top it says new game so I assume it just lets you start over on a new save. Haven't actually done it yet, will try tomorrow.

Doubt it'll let me name the save though.

are there any DLC for Tearaway?
Out now or planned? Nothing out yet (aside from the piggy skin I guess), no idea if there's any planned.

VanWinkle

Media Molecule doesn't get enough credit for their tech prowess. LBP1 had some of the best looking motion blur and texture quality I had ever seen, and Tearaway is, in my opinion, the best looking game on Vita.

A big part of that is obviously its astonishingly good art style, but the tech is fantastic, too. It's just an amazingly good looking game that honestly wouldnt look out of place on PS3 or even PS4.

Oh, and the game itself is one of the most magical gaming experiences I've ever had, and I've only played for a couple of hours.

Servbot24

Banned
Media Molecule doesn't get enough credit for their tech prowess. LBP1 had some of the best looking motion blur and texture quality I had ever seen, and Tearaway is, in my opinion, the best looking game on Vita.

I haven't played KZ:M yet, but I definitely agree. Game looks perfect.

Vol5

I must be a complete idiot. I can't even get the paper to tear on the very first task to stop the chasing scraps. Tried everything. There's nothing wrong with the rear touch pad as far as I'm aware. Surely I'm missing something

edit: Weird. Put the vita into standby to post the above, just went back to it and it's working fine.

For the second question, there is a bit where the stilt scraps are introduced and you fight them off and then go up an elevator, behind the guy who raised the elevator is a "mouse hole" you can roll in to find the things your looking for.

As for the first question, i'm in the same situation. Got knows where it is.
I think I got that one in the mouse hole. And, yeah, how can we be missing the sole confetti?!

Grinchy

Banned
I must be a complete idiot. I can't even get the paper to tear on the very first task to stop the chasing scraps. Tried everything. There's nothing wrong with the rear touch pad as far as I'm aware. Surely I'm missing something

edit: Weird. Put the vita into standby to post the above, just went back to it and it's working fine.

I haven't had it happen in a long time, but it used to be that the two touch interfaces (front and back) would bug out for me if my Vita hadn't been fully restarted in a long time. Maybe yours bugged out and came back after a standby.

Skyzard

Banned
What kind of DLC does Media Molecule usually make? Are there any essential DLCs?

Man I'd love the photo album dlc for cataloging the animals and objects like Toma mentioned. The camera is just a whole other side of the game I didn't see coming but totally got sucked into.

A big part of that is obviously its astonishingly good art style, but the tech is fantastic, too. It's just an amazingly good looking game that honestly wouldnt look out of place on PS3 or even PS4.

Oh, and the game itself is one of the most magical gaming experiences I've ever had, and I've only played for a couple of hours.

It really does look absolutely brilliant, and I really love the dynamic shadows too, adds so much with everything else being crisp and coloured so nice. Glad you're really enjoying it as well, although not much doubt of that. Really is a special game.

"Without losing your Stamp" means you can't die. I think you can't get hit either, not sure.

That's going to be tough.

9f999a883332a415aad9c61482aa34a3a53ec340.jpg

http://tearaway.me/p/pqz7

Spent too much time making Iota into a Gundam... now to actually play the game xD

Unreal!

Did anyone else get the Vita skin as a pre-order bonus? Where can I find it after I download it onto my Vita? I thought it would be in my pictures, but it's not there.

Skyzard

Banned
Did anyone else get the Vita skin as a pre-order bonus? Where can I find it after I download it onto my Vita? I thought it would be in my pictures, but it's not there.

The pig skin dlc? I have that but not sure how to use it either...unless you mean the wallpaper? You probably do.

Love this b-grade design. Very funny and charming hahaha

Yeah hah, the Sonic one is great too (maybe red shoes?). Going to try and find a stylus to use for the game.

Lily

Anyone know how to get the blue parcel at the top of gibbet hill? (The guy who says he only talks to squirrels)

Amir0x

Banned
Don't be so ridiculous.

Nah, he's right. That is a solution to a puzzle, a gameplay element many would not have wanted to see. On NeoGAF, unless the thread says SPOILER THREAD, we are cognizant of other people wanting to experience things for the first time, and therefore spoiler tag such things as that. I am sorry if you personally don't like that, but it's a kindness to others.

This has to be the sweetest game I've ever played. I am charmed.

Hehe, thanks everyone ^^ Made a little crappy vine of the Gundam Iota in action as well: https://vine.co/v/hUuxd07u5qF

<3 <3 <3 this game so far

Mm <3 Donkey Show.
Donkey Show <3 Mm too :3
I tip my hat sir, how long did that take?
Errr, I think about an hour and a half or two? Don't really remember.
Donkey show puts me to shame. but I tried!

http://i.imgur.com/11fSmiK.jpg
Sanic! Does he at least go fast? :O
oh snap, the fenice lool
It worked with the color scheme!

9218a696f295e8e19350ccc9408b2e66ac0dbda3.jpg

http://tearaway.me/p/rj8c

had to do it >__>

Amir0x

Banned
hahah. oh man i guess i have to mess with the character editor stuff, that shit is crazy

gonna make myself a little Earthbound character

Top Bottom