• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming February 2017 | Providing escapism since 2008

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I've had this happen too. That and the buttons in general aren't as responsive as should be.

It's ashame. Great game but port was not DotEmu's finest by any means and don't think it's had an update in ages so doubt it will get another.

------

PC Game Supply has a flash sale on iTunes credit (US). $10 for $7. Only lasts another 6 hours.

https://mobile.pcgamesupply.com/special-promotion/

I've bought PSN credit from them before. It's legit.

Is there a fix for this issue? I have another 2 hour flight coming up in 45 minutes. I want something to play and TQ was supposed to be my jam after getting back into Grim Dawn.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Got an answer from Mr Gage. He says that what is happening is not normal at all, he hasnt pulled the app at any time and should be on our purchase history. He doesnt understand like me. Probably Apple with their weirdness. If you guys are going to buy it again for the update (like me), you should buy it now because when the update hits it will go up a dollar. From 2 to 3$
Not bothering. I'm not invested enough in that game to care. Lost re-engagement I guess due to whatever issue is going on but I'll live.

awp69

Damn that Lords of the Fallen game is actually already out at $9.99 and has IAPs. For what looks like a crappy imitation of Infinity Blade, that's not going to happen.

Matt Frost

Not bothering. I'm not invested enough in that game to care. Lost re-engagement I guess due to whatever issue is going on but I'll live.

Me too, but the Miriam-Webster deal hyped me again enough to buy it, if not, I wouldn't re-buy it as well. I remember it being a bit wacky because of the lack of a dictionary (in Spanish of course, but now I have my iPhone in English, so it wont be an issue no more)

jtb

Banned
any reviews for voyageur yet? the concept sounds like it scratches a very particular itch of mine (and is a perfect fit for mobile)... though it's all about the execution, I suppose.

awp69

Wow. Dandy Dungeon got 5/5 from Shaun Musgrave. It really is a game that deserves more attention. As Shaun did, I love the quirky humor and heart the game has along with the way it cleverly adds depth over time.

Great game that I highly recommend giving a shot.

Matt Frost

Dual stick shooter Soul Knight coming next week:

http://toucharcade.com/2017/02/08/soul-knight-trailer/

I'm getting serious Enter the Gungeon vibes from that trailer.

I have Enter the Gungeon (my indie 2016 GOTY, thanks for M_B for pushing me to get it!) on my PS4 and anything that resembles that game is a must have for me. Awesome news. Cant wait :D

...Soul Knight is missing the dodge roll EtG has... also reading online that is a clone... well, if the real thing isnt coming to iOS this will be the next best thing...

Full Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExoeMjEq4Go

Matt Frost

I've played it on Android where it's in early access. Not bad but far from being as good as Enter the Gungeon. Auto-aim kinda kills the fun too IMO.

Yeah the real thing is amazing, a favorite of mine. For me, not even Binding of Isaac can compete with Enter the Gungeon, but If it fills the void and is playable I am ok with it.

Yeah the real thing is amazing, a favorite of mine. For me, not even Binding of Isaac can compete with Enter the Gungeon, but If it fills the void and is playable I am ok with it.
Enter The Gungeon feels like a hybrid of Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne. Not completely one or the other, but grabs elements from both to deliver its own unique take

Matt Frost

Enter The Gungeon feels like a hybrid of Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne. Not completely one or the other, but grabs elements from both to deliver its own unique take

Aha didnt think of NC... so thats why I like it more, more frantic, more frenetic like Nuclear Throne. And that dodge roll. Cant wait :D

awp69

Aha didnt think of NC... so thats why I like it more, more frantic, more frenetic like Nuclear Throne. And that dodge roll. Cant wait :D

If you're referring to Soul Knight, I'd check those expectations. I'll have to go back and try it again to pinpoint exactly what I didn't like about it (other than the auto-aim) but it is definitely not as good as Enter the Grungeon. Just didn't want you to get too excited.

Matt Frost

I really hope Nintendo ports The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX to iOS! That would be amazing...

If you're referring to Soul Knight, I'd check those expectations. I'll have to go back and try it again to pinpoint exactly what I didn't like about it (other than the auto-aim) but it is definitely not as good as Enter the Grungeon. Just didn't want you to get too excited.

Thanks... I trust your opinion so if you say so I am lowering my expectations...

awp69

I really hope Nintendo ports The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX to iOS! That would be amazing...

Thanks... I trust your opinion so if you say so I am lowering my expectations...

Yeah, played it a few minutes again. It's supposed to have tons of weapons and stuff but the gameplay itself is rather limited.

The auto-aim and lack of any dodge mechanics just kill the fun. It's still challenging because there are tons of bullets and enemies that you need to weave in and out of. But nothing great to me.

Matt Frost

Yeah, played it a few minutes again. It's supposed to have tons of weapons and stuff but the gameplay itself is rather limited.

The auto-aim and lack of any dodge mechanics just kill the fun. It's still challenging because there are tons of bullets and enemies that you need to weave in and out of. But nothing great to me.

Not good. Auto-aim.... ok... maybe... if the controls arent good is not bad, but the lack of dodge roll is bad... watched some gameplay videos and without that is not the same game as the one they are aiming to emulate... hopes diminishing...

spelltower update is out. same game/app so no need to purchase it again (at least for me).

multiplayer over internet, 6/6+ etc, 12" pro support with 2 at once or something, etc

Daigoro

The already way too cheap Rush Rally 2 is down to $.99. If you like rally racing at all, it's a must buy. Easily the best in the genre on mobile (and amazing made by one person!).

thanks for this post. i finally bought this game. its amazing.

oh man, thats exciting. totally buying this asap. hope it plays ok on an SE.

Matt Frost

After the Chinese New Year event (got everything on time) on Rodeo Stampede developer Featherweight added a new breed system that tasks you with finding compatible pairs of animals on the stampede and making them have a baby that it will follow you on the stampede and give you small buffs. SO AWESOME!!! <3 <3 <3 <3!!!

educator

Hi,

I travel a lot in work and am looking for two types of games:

RPGs
Generelly cool and fun games that you can play on shorter flights

The only requirement I have is that they do not need an internet connection.

If you have any tips, please let me know. F2P or not doesn't matter. I am so out of the loop and would like to have some games to play when I travel. Podcasts doesn't cut it any longer.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Hi,

RPGs

If you have any tips, please let me know. F2P or not doesn't matter. I am so out of the loop and would like to have some games to play when I travel. Podcasts doesn't cut it any longer.

cop a Switch in 3 weeks

Matt Frost

Hi,

RPGs

No need for a switch since iOS has some of the best games around. You can start with Wayward Souls (iOS exclusive), Oceanhorn (The closest thing to Zelda on iOS), Titan Quest, Icewind Dale, Baldurs Gate, every Final Fantasy from 1 to 9, Secret of Mana, Dragon Quest,... there are a lot of options as you can see...

FerranMG

After the Chinese New Year event (got everything on time) on Rodeo Stampede developer Featherweight added a new breed system that tasks you with finding compatible pairs of animals on the stampede and making them have a baby that it will follow you on the stampede and give you small buffs. SO AWESOME!!! <3 <3 <3 <3!!!

I thought it was cool too, but find it pretty confusing.
What determines when you'll get a match?
How can you find out what you can breed?

Matt Frost

I thought it was cool too, but find it pretty confusing.
What determines when you'll get a match?
How can you find out what you can breed?

There are a few animals on the stampede that have a "Match" thing over their heads (similar to "NEW"), you have to collect them individually and hope to find both matches. Then in the ship you can breed them. Took me a while to figure it out as well, same with the Chinese New Year, scratched my head until I found the dragon in the stampede... they explain only the basics.

awp69

Picked up Thirteen Souls. Pretty good action / martial arts game that's getting some comparisons to FF Dissidia in terms of gameplay. I've actually ever played a Dissidia game but the combat feels like Devil May Cry to me -- except they're one on one battles (still fully open 3D).

Story mode mixes in some city building / conquest type stuff that I personally am not all that into and wish it had been just focused on the combat aspects but others might like that part.

Best thing is that it's premium, looks and plays fantastic with fluid combat. It's not a fully AAA game but it's fun and just $2.99.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1127769353&mt=8

Matt Frost

Why did I gave a chance to (had so many votes for GoTY I had to try it) Clash Royale? Now Im hooked! Damn! I really like it... I see green gems and that worries me but the rest is really good...

killercow

Why did I gave a chance to (had so many votes for GoTY I had to try it) Clash Royale? Now Im hooked! Damn! I really like it... I see green gems and that worries me but the rest is really good...

For a F2P game it's quite balanced, at least in the early stages.

killercow

Yeah I am progressing and just unlocked the IAP... an arena 1 super magical chest costs around 10$... mmmmm.... If I spend 100$ I will only get 10 chests... not good

The only thing worth spending money on is the "special offers" that will pop-up at some point when you get to a higher arena.

Top Bottom