• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSeed gives status update on Rune Factory 4's release date

Thanks to GN.

We're dying to get it to you, but the game is absolutely massive and taking much longer to QA (play through the English for quality assurance) than we originally anticipated.
Right now we could be looking at a late September or October release, but it will definitely be worth the wait.
https://www.facebook.com/1637180933...&wend=1375340399&pagefilter=2&ustart&refid=17

With Animal Crossing out of the way and Fantasy Life nowhere to be seen, this is the new game for us life simulator fans. Excite!

Flarin

Wow, delayed again? :( If it sneaks into October it might get overrun by Pokemon. I'm REALLY looking forward to this either way and will be picking it up day one. Love you, Xseed!

Yuterald

I wish we could get an update for TitS: SC...

I wish we had Ys: Celceta right now, actually. =(

In all honesty, not the biggest fan of Rune Factory, but I'll purchase it to support XSEED, of course, lol!

-Horizon-

Just release it on the eshop as well and I'm ok (I'm assuming most released games now usually get an eshop release too right?).

Wow, delayed again? :( If it sneaks into October it might get overrun by Pokemon. I'm REALLY looking forward to this either way and will be picking it up day one. Love you, Xseed!

Never been delayed! We've never announced a date exactly because of things like this. It is massive. Wonderfully massive. Will try to fill in the wait with more screenshots and trailers and general silliness to tide you guys over until then.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Never been delayed! We've never announced a date exactly because of things like this. It is massive. Wonderfully massive. Will try to fill in the wait with more screenshots and trailers and general silliness to tide you guys over until then.
I already have it preordered :)

I vote for a regular Dumb Bug tweet.

Volcynika

I expect bacon with a pre-order.

*folds arms*

Too bad the game looks like shit, hard to create hype for a DS looking game game in 2013.

RF5 sure is taking its time, I hope Marvelous is putting some effort this time, RF4 became the best selling entry in the franchise after all, it deserves a bigger budget.

Lazy graphics aside, I'm pretty sure the game is glorious, and as you have mentioned, "massive."

I NEED IT

I already have it preordered :)

Q1NApDC.png

I vote for a regular Dumb Bug tweet.

I do have some more, uh, questionable ones from VK3. :p

I expect bacon with a pre-order.

*folds arms*

I keep pushing for this, but they say it makes the packaging smell. Smell AWESOME, I say!

Too bad the game looks like shit, hard to create hype for a DS looking game game in 2013.

RF5 sure is taking its time, I hope Marvelous is putting some effort this time, RF4 became the best selling entry in the franchise after all, it deserves a bigger budget.

Lazy graphics aside, I'm pretty sure the game is glorious, and as you have mentioned, "massive."

I NEED IT

Lazy graphics? :O I've been told I'm not super discerning, but it looks pretty cute/nice to me. I'm really weak to any depiction of Doom Pumpkins, though. I think you'll be entertained regardless. :) SOON(ish).

Every time, every day, I check XSEED's site about these.

Suuure. You're just there for the 'enhancements' we sell...

Dio

Banned
Suuure. You're just there for the 'enhancements' we sell...

I'm sure you understand the emotional connection people have with Kiseki now, so I say: First Chapter alone has become one of my favorite games of all time. All time.

I have seen other sites filled with grief and they perceive you guys will never actually translate SC. I have to keep reminding them that there's hope out there.

Thoraxes

Many thanks :D

I'll be sure to pick it up when it hits!

cj_iwakura

How about an update on
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
2?

(What sequel did you think I wondered about? :p)

I'm sure you understand the emotional connection people have with Kiseki now, so I say: First Chapter alone has become one of my favorite games of all time. All time.

I have seen other sites filled with grief and they perceive you guys will never actually translate SC. I have to keep reminding them that there's hope out there.

I manage the twitter and I was the editor for that title, so believe me, I know. ;)

Really appreciate you supporting it. Wasn't particularly popular, but the fans who did play it have been overwhelmingly supportive of our efforts. Cheers.

Midou

Will likely pick it up, by that point I'll be more likely over Animal Crossing for the most part.

I loved RF3, I heard this isn't as huge of a step up in comparison of like RF2->RF3, but as long as it's not worse than 3, I don't mind the graphics.

And while the topic of Kiseki is up, would still totally double or triple dip with a Steam or PS3 version. :p

Dio

Banned
I manage the twitter and I was the editor for that title, so believe me, I know. ;)

Really appreciate you supporting it. Wasn't particularly popular, but the fans who did play it have been overwhelmingly supportive of our efforts. Cheers.
Yeah, I bought the Premium Edition of Trails, actually. Gotta support you guys when I can.

I bought Premium Ys Seven and Chronicles too, even. Actually, I bought Chronicles twice - the Premium edition on Amazon for PSP, and then again on Steam. I also bought the steam versions of OiF and Origins too, and I love them but as the kind of person who loves physical games I always wished there were boxed PC copies of those two. Hell, I was in China a while back and actually picked up Ys Seven PC in Chinese for the novelty.

I'm sure you've heard it before - thanks for what you do. I have friends in the fan translation business (like the guys who work on Majikoi and MLA) and they usually pale at the thought of translating what you guys have in sheer volume.

It's disappointing that I'll have to wait longer. But oh well, I have plenty of other things to play.
not that I won't have even more by October

Man, wish the vita had this..8(

Valhalla Knights 3 on Vita has you farming... for... stuff. Pointy weapon stuff, questionable outfits...

Will likely pick it up, by that point I'll be more likely over Animal Crossing for the most part.

I loved RF3, I heard this isn't as huge of a step up in comparison of like RF2->RF3, but as long as it's not worse than 3, I don't mind the graphics.

And while the topic of Kiseki is up, would still totally double or triple dip with a Steam or PS3 version. :p

Woo!

Yeah, I bought the Premium Edition of Trails, actually. Gotta support you guys when I can.

I bought Premium Ys Seven and Chronicles too, even. Actually, I bought Chronicles twice - the Premium edition on Amazon for PSP, and then again on Steam. I also bought the steam versions of OiF and Origins too, and I love them but as the kind of person who loves physical games I always wished there were boxed PC copies of those two. Hell, I was in China a while back and actually picked up Ys Seven PC in Chinese for the novelty.

I'm sure you've heard it before - thanks for what you do. I have friends in the fan translation business (like the guys who work on Majikoi and MLA) and they usually pale at the thought of translating what you guys have in sheer volume.

Wow. Thanks, seriously. That is a lot of support, indeed. Much appreciation for the understanding as well. We're not perfect by any stretch, but we do our best with the resources we have. I want to put this game in your hands, believe me! ^_^

Jintor

Hi H.Protagonist,

Please can I have the game now?

From Jintor

PS :<

By the way, is there a new harvest moon for 3ds that isn't two towns out? Because europe/pal hasn't seen hide nor hair of it

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Valhalla Knights 3 on Vita has you farming... for... stuff. Pointy weapon stuff, questionable outfits...

Woo!

Wow. Thanks, seriously. That is a lot of support, indeed. Much appreciation for the understanding as well. We're not perfect by any stretch, but we do our best with the resources we have. I want to put this game in your hands, believe me! ^_^

quick unrelated question, not sure if you can comment, but have you heard anything from Kadokawa lately regarding Rodea The Sky Soldier?

Just finished up RF4 about a month or two ago.

Soooo addicting. Literally could not put it down.

Just to finish the main game takes about 50 hours, if you do everything. Add onto that leveling up your skills to 99, leveling up your dirt and crops... about 120 hours for me. Also, the sudden spikes in difficulty are a pain.

But, once you get all your skills up to level 99, then you can finally start to take on the hidden dungeons, with monsters all level 1000.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
My first Rune Factory was Tides of Destiny, and while I understand that was apparently the black sheep of the franchise and not representative of the others, I'm still super-excited for RF4. Liked Tides enough to invest the time to platinum it and so I expect to like a mainline installment even more.

What's the reason for XSEED handling this one instead of Natsume again?

Vibranium

Banned
Can't wait for this one, hopefully I'll have time to actually play it haha. Take all the time you need XSeed (and H. Protagonist). I'm glad to hear the game's packed full of content too. A nice English translation is usually better than a terrible one.

ojsinnerz

Neo Member
I can wait. Rune Factory 3 is like, my favourite game of all time. I'm buying a 3DS just for Rune Factory.

Oh, and Canada got Rune Factory 3 about 3 weeks later, so I don't mind the wait. (I pre-ordered my copy months ahead, and it took gamestop a little over 20 days to receive a shipment.)

Hubb

H.Protagonist,

Any upcoming Steam releases? How does XSEED feel about the sucess of the Ys games on Steam

This is what I am most interested in. Bought everything XSEED has put out on steam so far, and future titles finding their way to steam would be great.

Grief.exe

Rune Factory 4 will actually be my first game in the series. I've been a huge Harvest Moon fan since N64, so can't wait to get started.

I thought about picking up RF3 recently, but I have Harvest Moon: A New Beginning and RF4 to play on the 3DS. Combine that with the price of picking up a copy of RF3 and I decided I better wait.

This is what I am most interested in. Bought everything XSEED has put out on steam so far, and future titles finding their way to steam would be great.

Can't wait to see more! I always support more Japanese games coming to PC. Recently, it seems like the floodgates have opened up.

Yuterald

H.Protagonist,

Any upcoming Steam releases? How does XSEED feel about the sucess of the Ys games on Steam

Yeah, I'd like to know this too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe getting more Falcom games translated/localized depends on Falcom themselves, correct? Like, if they're too busy with their own shit and can't make time for a localization of one of their games, XSEED can't do it themselves, right?

I'd kill for perfect Steam versions of Xanadu Next, Zwei I & II, etc.

quick unrelated question, not sure if you can comment, but have you heard anything from Kadokawa lately regarding Rodea The Sky Soldier?

Heh, I used to pester XSEED through email every other month about localizing all sorts of weird games. Rodea and Earth Seeker were two Wii games I wanted them to release, but the poor sales of Earth Seeker and the apparently "finished" but never released Rodea just weren't viable at the time. I don't see them localizing the apparent Wii version of Rodea that they're still releasing, but maybe the 3DS game?

-Horizon-

Just to finish the main game takes about 50 hours, if you do everything. Add onto that leveling up your skills to 99, leveling up your dirt and crops... about 120 hours for me. Also, the sudden spikes in difficulty are a pain.

But, once you get all your skills up to level 99, then you can finally start to take on the hidden dungeons, with monsters all level 1000.
Sounds like I'm gonna be dedicating a lot of time to this game when it's released, awesome :D

vall03

Man, the game is seriously going to clash with Etrian Odyssey Untold and Pokemon with the late Sep/Oct release. And there are still a few games that still aren't dated like Ace Attorney 5 and Ys Celceta. October is going to kill me...

Dio

Banned

It would be pretty nice, I agree. Zwei II is about to be completely fully fan translated, and Xanadu Next has already been completely fan translated. Hell, I imported a copy of Xanadu Next myself and used the fan translation with my physical copy.

Heh, I used to pester XSEED through email every other month about localizing all sorts of weird games.
I haven't pestered them, but I want everything that appears in the two Kiseki artbooks that are being localized in America translated so I don't have an artbook full of god damned spoilers.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1926778901/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/192677891X/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You get the idea.

Roubjon

I still haven't gotten to the new Harvest Moon or Fire Emblem, so I'm okay with this wait. Sucks for everyone else though. This new Rune Factory is supposed to be good, right?

Yuterald

It would be pretty nice, I agree. Zwei II is about to be completely fully fan translated, and Xanadu Next has already been completely fan translated. Hell, I imported a copy of Xanadu Next myself and used the fan translation with my physical copy.

I haven't pestered them, but I want everything that appears in the Kiseki artbook that's being localized in America translated so I don't have an artbook full of god damned spoilers.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1926778901/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You get the idea.

Yeah, but downloading fan translations, for me, is like the last resort. It just feels too junky. I want something official, something I can support, know what I mean?

Dio

Banned
Yeah, but downloading fan translations, for me, is like the last resort. It just feels too junky. I want something official, something I can support, know what I mean?
If you scroll up, you can see I totally agree. However, there are some times where a game is 99.9 percent never going to get brought to America or take decades to do so. We will never see Shining Force III Scenario 2 and 3, or the Gundam Side Story Saturn games, or Metal Wolf Chaos, or Gundam vs Gundam EXVS, or a main SRW, or Tales of Destiny PS2 Remake, or Xanadu Next, or Shadow Tower: Abyss, or Valkyria Chronicles 3, or Idolmaster 2, or Vesperia PS3, or Dragon Force 2, or the SEGA AGES collections, or...

H.Protagonist,

STEAM isn't under my tyrannical umbrella, so I couldn't say, but people seem to like Ys and it's great to get the series out in the open like that. It really deserves an audience. Those games are just sooo good.

Hi H.Protagonist,

Please can I have the game now?

From Jintor

PS :<

By the way, is there a new harvest moon for 3ds that isn't two towns out? Because europe/pal hasn't seen hide nor hair of it

Jintor,

Not yet.

Love,
H.P.

Got nothing new to report on that end, I'm afraid.

It's the devil's game. Even our guys LIKE taking it home on the weekend to work. I spent a happy weekend or two harvesting spinach. Spinach, spinach, spinach. I also destroyed every breakable object to show the townsfolk that my rule was absolute.

Can't wait for this one, hopefully I'll have time to actually play it haha. Take all the time you need XSeed (and H. Protagonist). I'm glad to hear the game's packed full of content too. A nice English translation is usually better than a terrible one.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting, nonetheless. We hope our efforts translate to a smooth gaming experience. *salutes*

Yeah, I'd like to know this too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe getting more Falcom games translated/localized depends on Falcom themselves, correct? Like, if they're too busy with their own shit and can't make time for a localization of one of their games, XSEED can't do it themselves, right?

Heh, I used to pester XSEED through email every other month about localizing all sorts of weird games. Rodea and Earth Seeker were two Wii games I wanted them to release, but the poor sales of Earth Seeker and the apparently "finished" but never released Rodea just weren't viable at the time. I don't see them localizing the apparent Wii version of Rodea that they're still releasing, but maybe the 3DS game?

You're such a gentle pester-er, though, Yute. :)

So I'm guessing this is US only right?

All mimsy were ye borogoves or slythy toves?

Top Bottom