• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Mentok

Banned
Wait. Is your weapon at max familiarity? The max value for Close Combat IS 15% if your weapon is at 0 familiarity. At max it'll become 20% which is the real max. I hope you didn't already re-roll that 15%.

Soul Matching doesn't care if you can wear the gear or not. Just max its familiarity and transfer the Attack atttribute.
I reforged at max familiarity and got 15.7%. I assume that won't go up from there.

Sweet to know about the Soul Matching! I'll max that out!

I have a question about levels in this game.

I'm at 100, but the mission I'm at is level 111. Do I need to grind to get closer to the level to complete them now? I'm not getting wrecked during these (sans the bosses until I learn the moves), so I'm not sure if the level suggestion means anything. Does it or should I just ignore it and play on?

Revan

I'm at 100, but the mission I'm at is level 111. Do I need to grind to get closer to the level to complete them now? I'm not getting wrecked during these (sans the bosses until I learn the moves), so I'm not sure if the level suggestion means anything. Does it or should I just ignore it and play on?

The game is gear based - not level based. That being said, if you are having issues, farm for better gear - not levels. You'll quickly find that once you find that slightly better sword/spear/whatever everything becomes easier.

If you are still having issues you can always summon someone or do the sloth/weakness/carnage talisman routine (magic tree) - everything in the game pretty much dies almost instantly to that.

Edit: just realized I didn't answer your question.

The levels are a suggestion only - if you are moving fine within the levels - don't worry about it.

The game is gear based - not level based. That being said, if you are having issues, farm for better gear - not levels. You'll quickly find that once you find that slightly better sword/spear/whatever everything becomes easier.

If you are still having issues you can always summon someone or do the sloth/weakness/carnage talisman routine (magic tree) - everything in the game pretty much dies almost instantly to that.

Edit: just realized I didn't answer your question.

The levels are a suggestion only - if you are moving fine within the levels - don't worry about it.

I'm not having a ton of trouble. I'm already using the crap out of sloth, with guardian and rejuvenation. I need to check out carnage talisman. I haven't really used it because of the defense lowering, but I can try it. I am using the power pill ninja as well.

Also running a high heart/skill sword build.

Good to know about the levels. I'll just ignore them and move on as I can through it.

Curufinwe

In the first half of the game, my level was usually close to the recommended mission level. In the second half my level was usually much lower than the recommended mission level, but I had less trouble beating them because I had more skills and items to use.

FrankWza

Dont forget a lot of it too is the skill trees don't tie to levels. Just amrita gain. But the onmyo and ninjutsu levels you without reflecting in your level # if that makes any sense.

Edit: the prestige points do too

taybul

Man this end-game is dragging. Just when I thought I was close to the end, the game's like, "nope, here's
a new region
for you".

Can't wait to get to MoS now... nearly there.

If i didn't do the side-missions - will everything be reset in MoS?

MoS? Do you mean NG+? In this game you have access to NG and NG+ at the same time. Everything will be marked as not done yet in NG+, but you can still go back to NG and clean up if you want.

catspit

so I am starting the grind for gold and divine fragments.. What method do you guys use? There are so many on YouTube it's hard to weed out which are best.. Not looking for anything crazy (ie: changing my build/min maxing gear for grinding)

so I am starting the grind for gold and divine fragments.. What method do you guys use? There are so many on YouTube it's hard to weed out which are best.. Not looking for anything crazy (ie: changing my build/min maxing gear for grinding)

Just go anywhere with a ton of revenants and kill every revenant in whatever level you choose.

Kuroda's Determination in region 5 is a good choice, but you'll have to babysit a dweller if you're solo.

My friend and I would co-op this mission and he'd babysit the enemies while I killed every revenant in the area.

Check this shit out:
lS9Ie51.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
But that's always been the case- fan arts are always potentially more extreme than official art because they aren't held back.
True, but that's why I pointed out it's Team Ninja. They aren't exactly known for their respectful, thoughtful, tasteful portrayal of women... :p Honestly I'm (pleasantly) shocked at how much restraint they've shown. xD

Ok, so I have a sword. B+ scale with Heart, C with Skill. Why, then, does one point (17 to 18) of Skill translate into +4 damage and Heart (10 to 11) translates into +1. What am I missing?

Mik3F

Can someone tell me why the Omi region bar isnt full, I have done all the missions in the region

Is it because I havent done all the dojo missions yet?

BigEmil

Nearly every Nioh player i see on youtube they're all so overpowered or OP gears or both! (Except a few of course like XLHGladiator etc, true skill)

Where's the fun in that? I just settle with whatever looks nice fashion around with alright stats and also making sure i don't overlevel ..

Nearly every Nioh player i see on youtube they're all so overpowered or OP gears or both! (Except a few of course like XLHGladiator etc, true skill)

Where's the fun in that? I just settle with whatever looks nice fashion around with alright stats and also making sure i don't overlevel ..

That's up to you. Some people like the power fantasy, and in a Souls-like game where maxing-out is not impossible.

I'm still tweaking my "The Demon Revealed" run, I get 90m max before Oda.

Ok, so I have a sword. B+ scale with Heart, C with Skill. Why, then, does one point (17 to 18) of Skill translate into +4 damage and Heart (10 to 11) translates into +1. What am I missing?

Because scaling doesn't work like Dark Souls and you'll get a different amount of attack with each point.

xclk07

Hey all, apologies as I'm sure this has been asked previously, but I had a question before I start the game: does one need to do all the side missions, dojo missions, etc. in order to unlock NG+? Or is it enough to do the main missions only?

Hey all, apologies as I'm sure this has been asked previously, but I had a question before I start the game: does one need to do all the side missions, dojo missions, etc. in order to unlock NG+? Or is it enough to do the main missions only?

Completing the main story missions alone will unlock NG+

Doing all the side, dojo, twilight missions is for the trophy.

Mentok

Banned
Oh man, this game. I farmed revenants today and got four pieces of gear with |>| attack 20 or 19 each. So now every piece of gear I have will have a boost to attack! Now I gotta roll from my familiarity A+ to close combat 20% on my kusarigama. Throw in the % boost from Atlas Bear +30 and I'm sitting pretty. Also, it's funny how I laughed at so many Red Dragon armoured revenants, but now I'm rolling the 6-set too. That Ki recovery is insane.

Oh man, this game. I farmed revenants today and got four pieces of gear with |>| attack 20 or 19 each. So now every piece of gear I have will have a boost to attack! Now I gotta roll from my familiarity A+ to close combat 20% on my kusarigama. Throw in the % boost from Atlas Bear +30 and I'm sitting pretty. Also, it's funny how I laughed at so many Red Dragon armoured revenants, but now I'm rolling the 6-set too. That Ki recovery is insane.

You could always refashion. I've refashioned mine to look like the Youngblood set and turned-off the head-piece. I wonder, though, does the refashioning transfer to the revenant? I don't think i ever saw gear dropped with a (c).

deim0s

So, Red Li's armor is still the flavor of the month I guess, almost all revenants are wearing full sets of it. Quite happy to see an Iga or even mixed once in a while - all red parts for a few nights now.

I thought a few weeks ago that players are in leaning towards Kingo sets?

edit: There's a revenant that casted a jutsu/onmyo that made nullified all damage against him, wtf is that?!

IvorB

I don't get it either. No matter what, skill seems to give the best increases to the weapons I use despite not being the highest attribute scaling for that weapon.

So, Red Li's armor is still the flavor of the month I guess, almost all revenants are wearing full sets of it. Quite happy to see an Iga or even mixed once in a while - all red parts for a few nights now.

I thought a few weeks ago that players are in leaning towards Kingo sets?

edit: There's a revenant that casted a jutsu/onmyo that made nullified all damage against him, wtf is that?!

I'm aiming for Kingo at the moment due to damage from behind buff. Basically I just want to avoid Red Demon and Warrior of the West. I don't care what the buffs are from that, I just don't want to wear it.

I'm close to the end (I think) and I have a question: if I beat the last mission, can I choose to stay on "NG" or the game moves me to NG+? And if it does, can I go back to NG ?

IvorB

I'm close to the end (I think) and I have a question: if I beat the last mission, can I choose to stay on "NG" or the game moves me to NG+? And if it does, can I go back to NG ?

You can swap between the two. It's 'Way of the Strong' rather than new game plus.

Hell yeah! "Samurai of Legend" trophy get!

Now I've just left the dreaded Blacksmith trophy standing between me and my third ever platinum.... =_= Man I'm not looking forward to this, any tips?

xuchu

2dauAPo.jpg

2bz3kJT.jpg

UXzwvLe.jpg

Will be back for the dlc...when more yokai need to be iai struck.

Now I've just left the dreaded Blacksmith trophy standing between me and my third ever platinum.... =_= Man I'm not looking forward to this, any tips?

Nice one. For the blacksmith trophy, you'll need to spend a lot of money on her and each patronage point will eventually reach a point where you'll need 200,000-300,000 gold per point. The most efficient way to farm gold is farming revenants that are 15-20 levels above you as the amount of gear they drop is dependant on the level difference between you and the revenant. Each divine sells for 15k so, if you're get 4-5 pieces, you'll make 60-70k per revenant. I would suggest the bridge of bone level for farming. If you're too high of a level, just use a book of reincarnation and you'll easily get the trophy in an hour.

Nice one. For the blacksmith trophy, you'll need to spend a lot of money on her and each patronage point will eventually reach a point where you'll need 200,000-300,000 gold per point. The most efficient way to farm gold is farming revenants that are 15-20 levels above you as the amount of gear they drop is dependant on the level difference between you and the revenant. Each divine sells for 15k so, if you're get 4-5 pieces, you'll make 60-70k per revenant. I would suggest the bridge of bone level for farming. If you're too high of a level, just use a book of reincarnation and you'll easily get the trophy in an hour.

So say I currently have 34 points... My understanding is that people calculated that 60 points would require 20 million gold spent? So I would need about 10 million gold and a gazallion divine rerolls...

Btw when you say sell divine, you mean the divine equipment or the divine fragment?

xuchu

So say I currently have 34 points... My understanding is that people calculated that 60 points would require 20 million gold spent? So I would need about 10 million gold and a gazallion divine rerolls...

Btw when you say sell divine, you mean the divine equipment or the divine fragment?

Divine gear itself sells for more than divine fragments. Also talk to tome, if you haven't already, and tell her that she's pretty once she changes clothes (I think you have to spend a certain amount until this happens) for an easy 10 points.

Also to make the process a little bit quicker get sell price markup patronage to max first.

Caim

Whatever happened with the mark of the conqueror? Did it get you an item/weapons?

A helmet, go to the Boons menu at the shrine to retrieve it.

Talking to them sometimes gives points, but other than that...be prepared to spend a lot of gold.

BigEmil

2dauAPo.jpg

2bz3kJT.jpg

UXzwvLe.jpg

Will be back for the dlc...when more yokai need to be iai struck.

Damn beautiful
nioh_ah_pose_emote.gif

ps3ud0

When should I care about reforging and the like? Only on my first playthrough (on 2nd map) and am a bit clueless what to do other than get annoyed by the crap I keep collecting

ps3ud0 8)

When should I care about reforging and the like? Only on my first playthrough (on 2nd map) and am a bit clueless what to do other than get annoyed by the crap I keep collecting

ps3ud0 8)

I beat the game without worrying about that stuff. But now that I beat the game I've looked into it and one thing I saw is if you want all trophy then sell items rather than giving them for amrita... I never sold anything and I think I'm pretty much fucked now, gotta grind :/

I beat the game without worrying about that stuff. But now that I beat the game I've looked into it and one thing I saw is if you want all trophy then sell items rather than giving them for amrita... I never sold anything and I think I'm pretty much fucked now, gotta grind :/

It's not as bad as you'd think since the divine gear you get in NG+ will sell for waaaay more than anything you could obtain back in the first run. So it goes pretty quickly, especially if you're fine-tuning your own, custom piece of gear.

Mentok

Banned
Okay, I'm struggling to get the CCD 15% (0 familiarity). I'm rerolling my familiarity damage bonus A+, but have only seen CCDs from 7-7.5%. For those of you with max CCD, how long did it take to roll?

Top Bottom