• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Intros/Openings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
OKAY 3, 2, 1 - LET'S JAM!

Cowboy Bebop of course

And Sonic Boom from Sonic CD.

akaoni

Banned
Lost in Translation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyOSuFBS7IA

I love it because it gives the audience a feeling of what it's like when first entering a big city. Turns adults into kids. Also Bill driving under the lights in amazement while Girls plays in the background is sex. Plus Scarjo.

Didn't even think of this one even though it's a personal favourite, definitely sets the entire film up. I would have a hard time disagreeing with James Franco on that one.

Bishop89

600full-die-hard%3A-with-a-vengeance-screenshot.jpg

die hard with a vengeance

TV
Gravity Falls

Batman Beyond

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Spectacular Spider-Man
- I love how the character "credits" would change from episode to episode. Great touch.

Came here to post these. You have good tastes sir.

I'd add:

X-Men: The Animated Series - Mainly for the nostalgia factor, but also because its so dang 90's

Fringe - Great song, and I'm always going to love a show that needs to tell you what time period/ timeline/ universe you're in from it's opening titles.

True Detective - Much like the show itself beautiful, engaging, and maybe just a bit pretentious.

Kabouter

Taxi - Don't know why I like this so much (well, the show being brilliant has something to do with it), but I've always loved this intro. There's just something about it that's inviting and makes me want to watch the show.
All in the Family - Do I even need to explain this one? A classic, just like the show itself.
The Pacific - A more recent example, but this one is probably my absolute favourite intro. Both the music and visuals are absolutely brilliant. The music fits the show (and the intro itself) perfectly, and the charcoal drawings and sparing use of red colouring make the visuals fantastic as well.
John Adams - The music and visuals just ooze America. America should probably switch out their national anthem with this, it'd be a huge step up. Also, arrange the stars on your flag in a circle again, if need be, just go back to 13 of them. Flags with circles of stars are the best.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Any medium and why.
Not necessarily my favorites but it's stuff I come back to every now and then.

One Piece: Opening (English)
Rap has never been so cool on an anime. This intro is among some of my favorite. Way better than the Japanese counter part. Can't say much for the actual voice acting of the show though.

You have a right to your opinion and I'ma et you finish but Samurai Champloo had one of the best rap openings OF ALL TIME!!

I remember liking some rap openings from Bleach and Eureka 7 as well.

Loona

Games:

Super Robot Wars Alpha 3
Overwhelming odds, good teamwork between the cast, I love the scene 5 minutes in where they all line up, with "grandpa" Mazinger in front, the reflection in his eye later on, and the determination that follows, given the circumstances.

Movies:

X-Men 2
Beauty through teleports in ways I never thought possible - I wish I could find it on Youtube with better quality though...

EBE

"Three billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day. They lived only to face a new nightmare: the war against the machines."

MR4001

The opening to The Kingdom: http://youtu.be/VW71JuzHr5o

That of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, similiar, if a little far fetched: http://youtu.be/ZqzZjVRqgGA

The opening of Ghost Recon: Desert Siege, too. And, of course, 'The Hudson River, two years ago...'.

Oh! - the opening of the excellent The World at War. Sadly, I can't find a video. It is very sombre, sets the tone brilliantly. Sir Laurence Olivier narrates to silent footage of Oradour-sur-Glane:

1PzYSZH.jpg

Down this road, on a summer day in 1944... the soldiers came. Nobody lives here now. They stayed only a few hours. When they had gone, the community which had lived for a thousand years... was dead.

This is Oradour-sur-Glane, in France. The day the soldiers came, the people were gathered together. The men were taken to garages and barns, the women and children were led down this road... and they were driven... into this church. Here, they heard the firing as their men were shot. Then they were killed too. A few weeks later, many of those who had done the killing were themselves dead, in battle.

They never rebuilt Oradour. Its ruins are a memorial. Its martyrdom stands for thousands upon thousands of other martyrdoms in Poland, in Russia, in Burma, in China, in a World at War...

At the village of Oradour-sur-Glane, the day the soldiers came, they killed more than six hundred men, women... and children. ...REMEMBER.​

Do-do-do-de-do... http://youtu.be/eqONgYHYo88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom