• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toth

Massive spoilers do not click!

o1Gf24T.gif

Square with that tease.

See I can see
him as a final boss / main adversary. You know something is clearly off with the guy. That's fine. But the whole 'killing Luna thing' screams way too much like Sephiroth.

He can't be from qa because they don't get to play the whole game.

He can't be from marketing because they have no idea of the development history of company, not in this detail.

He can't be a dev because he wouldn't have any idea of the inside politics for SE.

In conclusion, this is a bunch of horse shit so best to ignore it instead of using it to fuel the flames.

He can't be from marketing because they have no idea of the development history of company, not in this detail.

He can't be a dev because he wouldn't have any idea of the inside politics for SE.

In conclusion, this is a bunch of horse shit so best to ignore it instead of using it to fuel the flames.

Only way he'd be able to know ALL is if he was Tabata himself, no?

Funny thing, even though I mentioned the Eraskus LaMata bit in the other thread, I clearly remember back then, there was a considerate amount of people who drank the Kool-Aid.

Ms conference got Leaked so I am guessing he came across the leak, maybe saw how shit the demo will be and create his own story.

Ff15 still look bad so I will wait for the reviews and stuff before buying.

Aters

Second thought, I think I can see many parts of this "leak" end up being true, like the story spoilers, and
that only one main city

Prepare for the worst FFXVGAF! If it ends up suck, let's just play DQVII and SMT4 Apocalypse.

jimmypython

Nomura?

Ms conference got Leaked so I am guessing he came across the leak, maybe saw how shit the demo will be and create his own story.

Ff15 still look bad so I will wait for the reviews and stuff before buying.
This is the most LOGICAL thing said about the topic, and could very well be true(more so than the proposed "leak"). MS had a leaky ship, and these leaks could've very well been there even before they trickled down onto the GAF. All it took was someone on the inside(a scrub that came across the leak and wanted some attention) to benefit from the internet admiration.

wmlk

That whole Insomnia is part of the final game and is 10 years later...

Prompto turns around and his face looks the same. You're telling me he looks the same 30 years old as he did when he was 20?

Geg

Not gonna read this thread or any of the spoilers but I'll repeat what I said in the other thread which is that it seems to me the most likely scenario is this guy knows someone with insider info on what would be shown at E3 and then just made everything else up.

It just seems really unlikely to me that one person has access to all this info on FFXV's development, including the whole history with Nomura.

notaskwid

Are the things under spoiler direct quotes? They read like a giant pile of salt. I know it's 4chan and all but cmon.
I think this guy is full of shit too.

True Fire

It doesn't even sound like the guy read the script. It sounds like he's playing telephone with information someone else provided him. Note how he keeps referencing the "rewrites" to cover his ass. He's probably North American because of the way he types and his references to english voice work. He knows story beats, but he doesn't know how those story beats actually play as a game. The only thing he's confident about is the first 2 hours of the game and the Titan boss fight.

My guess is that he's a part of QA and got a short spoiler briefing from Square Enix for context before he did QA for the endgame. The parts about Square Enix inner politics are bullshit.

bigmac996

My thoughts exactly. He sort of hinted that he gets this info from QA, and there is no way a QA tester would be privy to any internal politics about SquareEnix, particularly about whether or not FFXVI is in development.

To poke a few more potential holes in this, if FFXV is really such a burning trash fire, why would they be spending any dev time working on a PSVR mode-thing when the main game is a catastrophe?

HMD

To poke a few more potential holes in this, if FFXV is really such a burning trash fire, why would they be spending any dev time working on a PSVR mode-thing when the main game is a catastrophe?

Marketing, also that's most likely out-sourced to someone, no way the main dev team is working on it.

213372bu

Banned

Theoretically Prompto VR is a stationary light-gun game of a few boss fights with the ability to stare at Cidny as she poses in various ways at some point.

Only way he'd be able to know ALL is if he was Tabata himself, no?

Funny thing, even though I mentioned the Eraskus LaMata bit in the other thread, I clearly remember back then, there was a considerate amount of people who drank the Kool-Aid.

My thoughts exactly. He sort of hinted that he gets this info from QA, and there is no way a QA tester would be privy to any internal politics about SquareEnix, particularly about whether or not FFXVI is in development.
Only way this leaker is legit if he is the SE president Yosuke Matsuda :p

Zolbrod

Not gonna read this thread or any of the spoilers but I'll repeat what I said in the other thread which is that it seems to me the most likely scenario is this guy knows someone with insider info on what would be shown at E3 and then just made everything else up.

This.

The only thing we know he got right is the Trial of Titans demo thing, and MS conference stuff ALWAYS gets leaked in advance.
I'm guessing he knows someone inside MS, and is making up everything else to spark threads like these.

RedX

I think some of these could be true. Could only be one of these or a few more, but not all of it. I'm still optimistic that I'll enjoy the game regardless.

sappyday

Are they that bad? Part of me wants to click on them to find out, but man, if they do end up being true that would be the final nail in the decade old coffin.

None of the story stuff sounds bad. Sounds like your typical FF which is kind of disappointing if you were hoping for a very grounded and unique story I guess. The development stuff is worrying though.

rhandino

Banned
The story spoiler are so out there and tragic all around that is most likely true.

Town being jrpg size is worrying tho, it would be hilsrious is FFXV fails to do better than FFXII.

There's no way SE would half-ass shit out a FF game after the debacle and about face on FF14.

Right?

....right?

................right?

Pooya

Didn't you see how awful it was? lol, yeah it's probably not even made by the dev team, do we even know it's available day 1? yeah.

Some of it is likely made up but I feel there is some truth in here too.

True Fire

Are they that bad? Part of me wants to click on them to find out, but man, if they do end up being true that would be the final nail in the decade old coffin.

The story details are pretty blasé. I'm not even bothered by being spoiled. Typical Final Fantasy fare. The gameplay bits are worrisome, but they're too ridiculous to be true. Square Enix isn't going to publish a game in 3 months from now that can't even run on Xbox One.

None of the story stuff sounds bad. Sounds like your typical FF which is kind of disappointing if you were hoping for a very grounded and unique story I guess. The development stuff is worrying though.
Again how could you know about the development of the game, especially in such detail that only 2 hours are barely playable on PS4/XBO. Then he says that the Episode Duscae demo was developed for a long time but it was another short turn around AFAIK. He claims the same area barely runs on PS4/XBO now, like he has access to almost every build in detail.

Arxisz

Oh boy...If true... I'm guessing the reviews aren't going to be pretty come september 30th. Hope Square knows what it's putting itself into...

Lynx_7

I didn't read all of it because I don't want to be spoiled about the story, but the bit about Lucis and the towns broke my heart. That's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most and I reaaaally hope what he said on that front isn't true.

213372bu

Banned
I'm not sure why you guy are saying the story seems normal.

According to this it says that
they're struggling to put flashback scenes in the game, are constantly reworking the script though the VA deadline is likely going to be missed, and went through several rewrites. The stuff about the final town is iffy too. All of that excludes them clicheing up the story and cramming in a trilogy into one game.

Which is baaad.
Again how could you know about the development of the game, especially in such detail that only 2 hours are barely playable on PS4/XBO. Then he says that the Episode Duscae demo was developed for a long time but it was another short turn around AFAIK. He claims the same area barely runs on PS4/XBO now, like he has access to almost every build in detail.

Well according to the leak,
the localization team is working directly with the main team.

Wouldn't be far-fetched to believe
that they've been able to play the builds directly and/or learned other stuff from osmosis.

You only go into Lucis for the final boss fight, so don't get excited about it.

Yeah, so S-E decided to
just reveal the final battle on Insomnia (that car scene with the city at night) and boss on the E3 trailer after trying so much to avoid spoilers until march?

Strange, really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom