• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Nightz

GG Colasante. Couple of tough breaks with the fumbles, which I think turned the momentum. Bradford also had some horrible throws early on...is he always that inaccurate? Otherwise your D played well, couldn't get anything going in the first half.

Splat

gg

i hate this game

i think i should just quit the league because im literally an automatic win right now

gg man. Your right guard needs to be fired, you had no time to do anything all game. I think I had a huge home field magic boost or something that game. Carnes was instantly recognizing run plays and he's a shitty awareness rookie.

gg man. Your right guard needs to be fired, you had no time to do anything all game. I think I had a huge home field magic boost or something that game. Carnes was instantly recognizing run plays and he's a shitty awareness rookie.

He's currently in the shower with my men right now

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Kid Icarus is pretty damn cool.

If you have a 3DS you might as well buy it. There aint nothing else! Best Buy has it for $30 bucks.

Mrbob

Just finished ME3.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Never buying a Biofail game again. I'm going to try and forget the last hour of that game existed and try to remember that the rest of the series has been awesome.

McNei1y

Just finished ME3.

Never buying a Biofail game again. I'm going to try and forget the last hour of that game existed and try to remember that the rest of the series has been awesome.

One of us. One of us.

TheCrow

Just finished ME3.

But the dlc will fix everything!!!

CB3

Fuck them and their DLC.

As far as im concerned thats the ending. The ending to one of the best and most influential series of this generation. The whole thing wasted.

TheCrow

Shit like I would even buy anything else related to Mass Effect. I just want the dlc to come out so I can watch the "true" ending on youtube and laugh.

CB3

Buying anything Bioware at this point is futile. They should rename it to BiowEAr to really drive home the point of what they are now.

DMczaf

rocky444.jpg

McNei1y

Buying anything Bioware at this point is futile. They should rename it to BiowEAr to really drive home the point of what they are now.

haha you changed the name from ware to wear because EA is only in the wear word and EA is the one making all of the decisions. For your reward you get a shitty ending and lose more money to see a rEAl ending.

CB3

I lose nothing! im not buying their shitty retconned DLC. Its like if they put out a LOST movie that pretended the last season didnt happen. Its too late now!

McNei1y

I lose nothing! im not buying their shitty retconned DLC. Its like if they put out a LOST movie that pretended the last season didnt happen. Its too late now!

Teach me how to stick it to the awful company that is EA. They've got my money and soul. Is it too late for me? I want to know what
Commander Shepard decision actually does
!!!

eznark

Banned
Just finished ME3.

Oh my God I have to play it now. You have the absolute worst taste in everything. The ending must be amazing!!

I played with Enchantress last night. I don't think I've ever played a character in one of these games that hits a wall so hard and so early. I was absolutely destroying fools early game but by mid-game I was completely useless.

Mrbob

Naw, it's really bad dude. Things get over blown on the internet at times, but now I can see why people are angry and it is justified. Makes you feel bad for investing in three games and DLC to get that POS ending. Bioware did exactly what Casey Hudson said they wouldn't before ME3 came out. They are the new Molyneux of gaming. Over promise and under deliver while the gaming media continues to suck their dick.

The Mass Effect trilogy has been one of my favorite franchises this generation, but the last hour virtually undoes all my love for it. I don't know if I'll ever replay this series again, what's the point? I'm sure not buying any ME3 DLC either. So disappointed.

eznark

Banned
I told you it was going to be bad. I took a week off to play Mass Effect 2 (well, worked from home for a week) when it came out. After the years of talk about Mass Effect 3 and the fucking abortion that was Dragon Age 2, I just knew it was going to be a turd.

I need to finish Deus Ex. Now that I am off the SWTOR kick, I can start playing some single player games again.

Sokantish

Naw, it's really bad dude. Things get over blown on the internet at times, but now I can see why people are angry and it is justified. Makes you feel bad for investing in three games and DLC to get that POS ending. Bioware did exactly what Casey Hudson said they wouldn't before ME3 came out. They are the new Molyneux of gaming. Over promise and under deliver while the gaming media continues to suck their dick.

The Mass Effect trilogy has been one of my favorite franchises this generation, but the last hour virtually undoes all my love for it. I don't know if I'll ever replay this series again, what's the point? I'm sure not buying any ME3 DLC either. So disappointed.

You really think the last hour is bad? I thought it was really only the last ten minutes, and the last 10 minutes didn't really ruin the entire series for me. It's still my favorite franchise that came out this gen. I guess I'm just not as offended as most of the people on NeoGAF. They were some people even mad that Bioware didn't eat the cupcakes...

Mrbob

I don't know if it's an hour, maybe 45 minutes? I'm including the cut scenes too. Spoiler coming up, so don't read unless you played it! It was absolutely horrific from
Shepard getting hit by the Reaper blast onward.
Bioware undid what the whole series was about in those last moments.

Just finished ME3.

I TOLD YOU BOB! I TOLD YOU NOT TO PLAY IT!!

Now you have time for Tales of Graces!

TheCrow

I don't know if it's an hour, maybe 45 minutes? I'm including the cut scenes too. Spoiler coming up, so don't read unless you played it! It was absolutely horrific from
None of that actually happened. In the dlc Shepard will wake up and finish the fight.

Edit: oh and I come into my office today and see that Texas wants to collect over 2 million dollars in taxes from us. Someone fucked up.

eznark

Banned
I TOLD YOU BOB! I TOLD YOU NOT TO PLAY IT!!

Now you have time for Tales of Graces!

God I cannot wait to finish the 3DS Tales game so I can jump into that. Though, when does Xenoblade come out in the US? Tom Chick has been pimping it hard. That will probably be my next console game.

Sokantish

ME3 Spoilers
I didn't mind the scenes at all with Anderson and The Illusive Man, just the starchild part was pretty silly.

Mrbob

More ME3 talk!
I guess I can live with Anderson being on the citadel, but seriously how did he survive the reaper blast with basically no extra armor? Shepard surviving is a stretch in the first place, but Anderson lasting too? No way. They took a full on reaper blast at close range. At least Shepard has special armor. Also, I thought the last part with Illusive Man is weak too. There is no option to turn him in that situation. No matter the the story choices the outcome is the same. And then we have star child, who speaks bull crap and Shepard just accepts it? Shepard brings together the Quarians and Geth, and somehow Synthetics and Organics will always be at odds? Really kid douchio? Gtfo. Have you not been paying attention to what is happening in this cycle? Here have the 3 canned endings that are virtually the same regardless of the choice you make! Oh look the normandy is warping through a gate as it is being destroyed, what? Hi Edi, you were with me on the final battle on Earth glad to see you on the Normandy with Joker on an alien planet? Nothing after? Cool, thanks Bioware!

I told you it was going to be bad. I took a week off to play Mass Effect 2 (well, worked from home for a week) when it came out. After the years of talk about Mass Effect 3 and the fucking abortion that was Dragon Age 2, I just knew it was going to be a turd.

I need to finish Deus Ex. Now that I am off the SWTOR kick, I can start playing some single player games again.

You know it's funny you mentioned Deus Ex. Bioware ripped off the Deus Ex ending with one of the ME3 ending options. Finish Deux Ex, and you basically can figure out the ending to ME3.

Sokantish

More ME3 talk!
I guess I can live with Anderson being on the citadel, but seriously how did he survive the reaper blast with basically no extra armor? Shepard surviving is a stretch in the first place, but Anderson lasting too? No way. They took a full on reaper blast at close range. Also, I thought the last part with Illusive Man is weak too. There is no option to turn him in that situation. No matter the the story choices the outcome is the same. And then we have star child, who speaks bull crap and Shepard just accepts it? Shepard brings together the Quarians and Geth, and somehow Synthetics and Organics will always be at odds? Really kid douchio? Gtfo. Here have the 3 canned endings that are virtually the same regardless of the choice you make! Oh look the normandy is warping through a gate as it is being destroyed, what? Hi Edi, you were with me on the final battle glad to see you on the Normandy now at the end with Joker on an alien planet? Nothing after? Cool, thanks Bioware!

ME3 STUFF
I was able to talk the illusive man into killing himself after I convinced him he was indoctrinated. I won't argue the stuff including the starchild because it was pretty dumb, but it just really didn't bother me that much because I'm not gonna put more thought into their ending than they did.
I can't wait for ME4!

TheCrow

ME3 Spoilers
I didn't mind the scenes at all with Anderson and The Illusive Man, just the starchild part was pretty silly.

It should've ended after the
Anderson
bit. But the part before the final mission when you're in
London and have a holographic communicator was weird
, where was that technology on the Normandy. Instead I have to scour each floor to see if anyone has anything to say because I'm paranoid of missing anything. Plus the generic
Asian ninja
antagonist was terrible and just felt lazy.

More ME3 talk!
Watch this and join the indoctrinaters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

Mrbob

I can't see that video now, but does it start with the events of ME1? How would total indoctrination work considering that Shepard is basically rebuilt at the beginning of ME2. Unless the theory starts from there, but then I could put some holes in the theory with ME3 events!

ME3 STUFF
I was able to talk the illusive man into killing himself after I convinced him he was indoctrinated. I won't argue the stuff including the starchild because it was pretty dumb, but it just really didn't bother me that much because I'm not gonna put more thought into their ending than they did.
I can't wait for ME4!

I did the same thing too, but ultimately the IM is irrelevant to the ending. You can't him against the Reapers. Also, I don't even know how there would be a ME4 with retconning the end of ME3.

Sokantish

I can't see that video now, but does it start with the event of ME1? How would total indoctrination work considering that Shepard is basically rebuilt at the beginning of ME2. Unless the theory starts from there, but then I could put some holes in the theory with ME3 events!

I did the same thing too, but ultimately the IM is irrelevant to the ending. You can't him against the Reapers. Also, I don't even know how there would be a ME4 with retconning the end of ME3.
Indoctrination:
I don't think they're saying he's been indoctrinated since ME1, I think most people have said it happened slowly in 3 and then at the end with the reaper blast is where it's full blown indoctrination, but I think that's completely insane.
I'm not positive though because I've never watched any of the videos talking about it because I don't watch clips talking about Reptoids or the Illuminati either. They're all crazy.

I'm pretty sure they said ME3 was the end of Shepard's story even before the game came out. So they'd just set it like thousands of years in the future or something and WHO KNOWS

McNei1y

The Indoctrination Theory is at least a better explanation than what Bioware did. Jesus it was so bad.

The final 45 minutes just don't make sense.
I'm including the Anderson bit. The voice acting was phenomenal but the story behind it was so fucking dumb. Why did my armor come off all of a sudden? Why would they continue to say no one made it when in fact supposedly Shepard and Anderson made it? Etc, etc.

BigAT

ME3 Stuff.

Even if the ending was FANTASTIC I would have been pretty pissed that your choices have absolutely zero influence on the conclusion. Besides completely ignoring your actions in ME and ME2, even everything from ME3 gets completely pushed to the side. Why didn't they just treat it like the suicide mission in ME2 and base your outcome/success on what you had accomplished during the game? It seemed to be building up to that perfectly based on your ability/inability to rally the other races for the war.

That's if the ending was amazing and well executed. Instead there is all of that, plus all the stupidity spewed by the god child, the Normandy somehow escaping, all of my squadmates that were on the ground right next to me being on it, somehow crash landing on a lush planet, the Mass Effect relays getting destroyed no matter what choice you make, etc.

And the indoctrination stuff is foolishness. Trying to fix a stupid ending by hurling more stupidity at it is not a good solution.

Top Bottom