• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ: Harrison Ford gives more context on punching Ryan Gosling

Link.

When I interviewed Ryan Gosling for GQ last November, he was in Budapest to film Blade Runner 2049, and he explained how Ford had inadvertently punched him in the face during a fight scene. I wanted to give Ford the opportunity to present his own account of the same incident.

“I punched Ryan Gosling in the face,” Ford confirms. Then he adds, by way of clarification, that “Ryan Gosling's face was where it should not have been.”

Explain further, if you will.

“His job was to be out of the range of the punch. My job was also to make sure that I pulled the punch. But we were moving, and the camera was moving, so I had to be aware of the angle to the camera to make the punch look good. You know, I threw about a hundred punches in the shooting of it, and I only hit him once.”

So he should be grateful?

“I have pointed that out.”

And the one that did connect—that's 100 percent his fault?

“No.” Ford makes as though he's carefully weighing this. “I mean, I suppose it's 90 percent his fault.”

That is very—

“—generous of me.”

He said you went to his dressing room with a bottle of scotch…

“I did.”

…and poured him a glass, then walked out with the bottle.

“Yeah? What—did he fucking expect the whole bottle? You know, I figured one drink would fix it. That was enough.”

So did that epitomize your working relationship?

“Pretty much. No, he was fun to work with. I like him a lot. He's a smart guy. I mean, he's a fucking Mouseketeer—he's been doing this since he was 6 years old or something. He knows what he's doing.”

More fun and interesting stories at the link.

tumblr_luwn2n8FZ11r51mn8o1_500.gif

Ryan Gosling would probably be into that.

Those interviewer questions seem really annoying like they're trying to do everything they can to make it seem like more of an incident than a simple accident.

'Yah i hit HIM'
'I made a mistake amd gave him whiskey'
'We are all good now'

Hate to be this person, but whats the story? Mistake happened, they went on with life.

Jintor

'Yah i hit HIM'
'We are all good now'

Hate to be this person, but whats the story? Mistake happened, they went on with life.

this isn't a story... this is just harrison ford being bawse.

god i hope he's not a milkshake duck. knock on wood. i hate that i constantly think this nowadays

this isn't a story... this is just harrison ford being bawse.

god i hope he's not a milkshake duck. knock on wood. i hate that i constantly think this nowadays
A what?
Don't worry, will google..

Edit: ahhh.
He has probably done something that will offend someone. But let's hope he's a genuine cool guy.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Read the answers in his voice too.

Damn wish I was that awesome.

His face was where it wasn't supposed to be.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Trumps next line of defence a version of this

But bumbled and a million times less stylish cool and tongue in cheek

andthebeatgoeson

Those interviewer questions seem really annoying like they're trying to do everything they can to make it seem like more of an incident than a simple accident.

'Yah i hit HIM'
'We are all good now'

I would bring a bottle of Scotch to your room, pour myself a glass and leave with your glass.

Have some fun and laugh.

It's times like this I miss Craig Ferguson's show. Could've got another interview of Mr. Ford talking about planes and helicopters instead of movies.

All of Ford's responses in that interview are good.

Interviewer should just... Take it easy or something. That's the most interviewy interview I've read in a long time.

caliph95

I don't get it what's the story

It sounds like it was just an accident during filming and they made up

Cool story but it sounds like they making it more than it is

gun_haver

And the one that did connect—that's 100 percent his fault?

“No.” Ford makes as though he's carefully weighing this. “I mean, I suppose it's 90 percent his fault.”

That is very—

“—generous of me.”

This is the funniest bit.

bill0527

I read the entire interview.

He is an absolute legend. His movies have been part of my life since I was 4 years old.

More so than any other actor, I will miss him when he is gone.

Ironically enough though, Ford is probably the only actor who wouldn't want me to.

Fuchsdh

I'd pay money to see a video of this interview.

I feel like it's better in text. Harrison Ford doesn't exactly give great interviews (whether he's actually pissed off or just playing a role), and I've yet to watch one where the interviewer was able to do a good job. Even The Nerdist totally failed at their shot so hard that they apologized at the start of the podcast.

Sanjuro

I feel like it's better in text. Harrison Ford doesn't exactly give great interviews (whether he's actually pissed off or just playing a role), and I've yet to watch one where the interviewer was able to do a good job. Even The Nerdist totally failed at their shot so hard that they apologized at the start of the podcast.

giphy.gif

Elandyll

Banned
Imo it was a great interview from both angles, and the interviewer toed the line between respect and having to offset Ford to get genuine thoughts/ answers very skillfuly.

Ford is well known for being nearly un-interviewable, and seems to be having a blast at pretending to be a dick most of the time, except when you can get him to lower his defenses (as noted a few times).

Top Bottom