• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Tyeforce

I made a mockup of a potential Sonic the Hedgehog amiibo series
and tweeted it to the SEGA and Sonic Twitter accounts, lol.
C'mon, if Shovel Knight and Monster Hunter can get amiibo, Sonic definitely can! It's your move, SEGA. I'm waiting...

It's never going to happen, is it? I just want a Tails amiibo! T_T lol

C'mon, if Shovel Knight and Monster Hunter can get amiibo, Sonic definitely can! It's your move, SEGA. I'm waiting...

You should make a Cream mock up for me lol

Tyeforce

You should make a Cream mock up for me lol
I wanted to include Cream and other characters as well, but I also wanted to keep it somewhat realistic, lol. Those are the top 6 characters I'd expect if we were to ever get an Sonic the Hedgehog amiibo series. I could throw together another batch of 6, maybe with Metal Sonic, Rouge, Silver, Blaze, Cream, and a Chao?

wilflare

bleh. guess I can't quit this madness afterall...

still trying to hunt down the last few Smash amiibos and the recent LoZ ones :/

KingBroly

Banned

Give me Classic Sonic and you have a deal

Giving me massive Sonic Adventure vibes. Would grab all.

Any UK people: what foreign sites are good for amiibo checking with regard to shipping costs? Always ordered from inside the country because I assumed I'd have to pay double to get anything over here.

Cindro

Have there been any reported restocks of the MM amiibo?

I keep holding off on buying the inflated scalper version via amazon in case I stumble across one in the wild, but I need that Fierce Deity outift :/

Have there been any reported restocks of the MM amiibo?

I keep holding off on buying the inflated scalper version via amazon in case I stumble across one in the wild, but I need that Fierce Deity outift :/
I haven't heard any but I'm also waiting on Link restock. Need the Twilight Princess Link from GameStop.

My local Toys R Us got 4 restocks of the OG Splatoon amiibo three pack. I would have gotten it if it were not for the fact that I already have Inkling Boy and Girl.

zigg

YMMV, but I was just able to place an order for the Metroid 2-pack at Best Buy, through the app, for release day shipment.

It's been "coming soon" for a long time now.

YMMV, but I was just able to place an order for the Metroid 2-pack at Best Buy, through the app, for release day shipment.

It's been "coming soon" for a long time now.

I just tried thru a pc and thru the mobile app and both said this no matter what address I provided.

Heads up! We can't ship to that address. The good news is that it might be available for store pickup, or you can try shipping it to a different address.

zigg

I just tried thru a pc and thru the mobile app and both said this no matter what address I provided.

Heads up! We can't ship to that address. The good news is that it might be available for store pickup, or you can try shipping it to a different address.
My order is still good, shipping to my usual BB address in MIchigan.

I wonder if it's a warehouse-by-warehouse thing? Might be worth trying again later in the week.

Store pickup was not an option at all.

zigg

Those reviews pushed me over the edge. Squishy Metroid amiibo preordered!
Yeah, I started my Squishy Quest when I started seeing the positive buzz… I won't get Returns right away but eventually, yeah.

But really, I just needed an excuse to Get Squishy.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, I started my Squishy Quest when I started seeing the positive buzz… I won't get Returns right away but eventually, yeah.

But really, I just needed an excuse to Get Squishy.

amiibo preorders are pretty easy to come by here, but squishy is the only one I've had to hunt around for in over a year. Actually sold out at a few places. The popularity is real.

Also has the best unlocks. Still on the fence about the Samus amiibo. Already have ZSS.

I was looking at my amiibo collection the other day, and I just felt so dead on the inside. I was acutely aware that the process of finding rare amiibo in stores was always more rewarding than actually collecting them.

I saw Samus and the metroid at Target last night but I was afraid that buying them would only make me depressed. Not sure where my collection goes from here...

TheGrue

Anyone catch the date of the Tiki and Chrom Amiibos? I went to put it in the calendar in my phone and then forgot the date as I was putting it in(I am so old). Sometime in October, but can't remember if it was the 13th or 20th.

walei

How do you suggest to preorder Amiibo in Canada?

I REALLY want the Mario 3 pack and Chrom, did a quick search on Bestbuy.ca and Amazon.ca but can't find any preorder info...

DCNswiNU0AAMG8R.jpg

amiibo-mipha.png

Man, what a difference just a slight mouth enlargement does to save the Mipha amiibo. I really hope there isn't a lot of variation in that in the shipped amiibos.

Rrang129

Anyone know if the Metroid 2 pack amiibo are going on sale on Amazon at all? Haven't seen it available since they were announced...

zigg

Anyone know if the Metroid 2 pack amiibo are going on sale on Amazon at all? Haven't seen it available since they were announced...
I know this doesn't help, but they were available on Best Buy multiple times—early pre-orders, earlier this week, and now they were available early this morning. Good chance there's some in-store but not sure how many

I believe they're available on Best buy and Target right now. Amazon will probably go up later at a random time.
Edit: Target they're up, Best buy is check store only currently.

A friend of mine reported 8 Metroid packs at her TRU, although other stores (either in general or TRU) seem to have gotten just a few in. Good luck hunting today!

The Best Buy I preordered at didn't get enough Metroid packs to cover the preorders...that they had already charged people for. And notified that they were ready to be picked up.

To say that I was a bit livid would be an understatement. I am now terrified for my SNES classic preorder.

The Best Buy I preordered at didn't get enough Metroid packs to cover the preorders...that they had already charged people for. And notified that they were ready to be picked up.

To say that I was a bit livid would be an understatement. I am now terrified for my SNES classic preorder.

This is me. Got the email today, it's all ready to pick-up. Go there, head to the pick-up counter. "Er....we don't have it for you." They got 2 of them in total, apparently. And one person walked in and bought one that was accidentally on the floor that should've been held for the pre-order people.

I just stood there listening without really saying much, and accepted what happened. I'm just numb to this shit by now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ok so Best Buy shipped me two sets of Metroid Amiibos. They came in seperate boxes with identical paperwork, and yes I double checked and I only was charged once. Since it is my lucky day I want to help an Amiibro here. I figure we split the cost and you pay shipping? My total was $25.49 so half is $12.75. I figure $15.50 shipped in the US? First come first serve. I hope I can help someone who came up short today.
I'd gladly jump on this if I wasn't taking the chance that maybe I'll get it as a b-day gift next week (I doubt it, but meh, worth a shot), so I'll let someone else take advantage of this since I'm sure by next week, someone else will have taken your offer. Props for helping someone with selling it at a value.

BorntoPlay

Ok so Best Buy shipped me two sets of Metroid Amiibos. They came in seperate boxes with identical paperwork, and yes I double checked and I only was charged once. Since it is my lucky day I want to help an Amiibro here. I figure we split the cost and you pay shipping? My total was $25.49 so half is $12.75. I figure $15.50 shipped in the US? First come first serve. I hope I can help someone who came up short today.

Pmed

This is me. Got the email today, it's all ready to pick-up. Go there, head to the pick-up counter. "Er....we don't have it for you." They got 2 of them in total, apparently. And one person walked in and bought one that was accidentally on the floor that should've been held for the pre-order people.

I just stood there listening without really saying much, and accepted what happened. I'm just numb to this shit by now.

I honestly don't understand how this company is still in business. I can understand cancelling my order because of stock issues. That sucks, and I'll be mad, but understandable (to a degree). I've had a fair number of preorders fall through before from various retailers, but Best Buy is the ONLY company to have the balls to charge me for something that they don't have and know they don't have.

Salarians

This was years ago but the same thing almost happened to me with a Mass Effect 2 collector's edition. Went in to pick it up and they couldn't find it, and it (and the only other CE they got) was just sitting out on the shelf. Haven't trusted them with a preorder for limited stuff since. Sad to hear they're still like this. :/
I'm really happy with these amiibo. The flexible Metroid dome feels very similar to the 6-inch World of Nintendo Metroid.
That Samus looks so good. I'd love to get one but I'm not really a big Metroid fan, nor do I want the metroid amiibo. Maybe I'll wait and see if I can get a decently priced one from Japan or something.

-Horizon-

Looks like they still haven't been up because I was looking for them too.

nowinstock doesn't show any "last in stock" at all and I only see resellers on amazon

Top Bottom