• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So any simulation like racers coming to Switch?

Kimawolf

Seems to be a genre now which is just not being explored on Switch. Mario Kart/kart racers show there is perhaps some kind of racing fan on the system, so anything down the pipe or on the way?

Kimawolf

Hoping that project cars makes it over eventually.

LOL they used lawyer speak to "trick" Wii U owners into buying into their crowdfunding game, then canceled the Wii U version, didn't offer refunds and laughed as they moved on so nah, i'm good without pCars.

EDarkness

LOL they used lawyer speak to "trick" Wii U owners into buying into their crowdfunding game, then canceled the Wii U version, didn't offer refunds and laughed as they moved on so nah, i'm good without pCars.

I was going to say the same thing. I have no need for that game. Gear Club Unlimited looks pretty cool so far.

Nanashrew

Banned

I remember that.

And there's how they've handled their own forums and banning people for setup questions and bug related problems.

F31 Leopard

Simulators on digital triggers, lol

It wouldn't be a problem for me because I've always used the face buttons in Gran Turismo and other racing sims. Triggers always felt weird for accelerate/braking. I use triggers for shifting. However the shitty dpad on the switch pro and Joycon (lack thereof) would give me problems because I don't use the left analogue stick to steer.

9IY7UkZ.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Remember when Project CARS was cancelled for Wii U and said to be coming to NX and everybody was happy about that? Yeah.

nelo_inc

Slightly mad studios is owing Nintendo, they announced Project Cars for the Wii U then cancelled.

Maybe, just maybe if the Switch sell many more millions they will try to port Project Cars 2?!

Kolibri

Never going to happen.

I've been Nintendo fan and racing game fan for over 30 years. I've learned to live with the fact that Nintendo consoles just don't like that genre.

You may get some cheapo GT imitation from a small dev. But there will be no big studio sim.

fresquito

That's not true. You can hold a grudge against SMS for all the above reasons, they are all valid. But it is not true they did not offer refunds.

BTW, PC2 is not happening on the Switch.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I refuse to play a sim via anything else but proper analogue controls, so it's either a wheel or gyro for me -- sticks, triggers and other spring-loaded contraptions don't qualify.

BTW, PC2 is not happening on the Switch.
No kidding. Burning bridges goes a long way.

F31 Leopard

All GT's on ps2 and ps3 used analog face buttons. Which made that option much better.

Being analogue makes no difference because I'm not pressing the buttons in the same manner as the triggers. I full throttle by completely pressing down the button and let go to decelerate. I also feather by repeatedly tapping the gas/brake. People like using the triggers because you can regulate the travel like a gas/brake pedal.

Being analogue makes no difference because I'm not pressing the buttons in the same manner as the triggers. I full throttle by completely pressing down the button and let go to decelerate. I also feather by repeatedly tapping the gas/brake. People like using the triggers because you can regulate the travel like a gas/brake pedal.
That can’t possibly work with traction control and ABS turned off.

F31 Leopard

That can’t possibly work with traction control and ABS turned off.

For normal racing my TCS is 5 and my ABS is 1. For drifting TCS is 0 ABS is 1. As for repeatedly tapping let me clarify. I'm not tapping fast like Jab/Short in Street Fighter. It's in spaced intervals depending on the turn.

NinjaBoiX

It wouldn't be a problem for me because I've always used the face buttons in Gran Turismo and other racing sims. Triggers always felt weird for accelerate/braking. I use triggers for shifting. However the shitty dpad on the switch pro and Joycon (lack thereof) would give me problems because I don't use the left analogue stick to steer.
What the fuck is this shit?

So even with analog triggers and sticks you'd prefer to use digital buttons? That's crazy bro.

Fiendcode

Hopefully Codemasters and EA can bring something, though they tend to veer more arcade hybrids. Along the same lines I'd like too see Ubisoft/Nadeo bring Trackmania.

For purer sims I don't know what options there really are? Most of those are PC only or Sony/MS 1st party?

rekameohs

Banned
As others have said, gonna be pretty tough with digital triggers. That's not really suitable for racers that aren't Mario Kart.

yyr

I refuse to play a sim via anything else but proper analogue controls, so it's either a wheel or gyro for me -- sticks, triggers and other spring-loaded contraptions don't qualify.

What is improper about analog triggers? They *are* proper analogue controls.

F31 Leopard

What the fuck is this shit?

So even with analog triggers and sticks you'd prefer to use digital buttons? That's crazy bro.

It's more of personal preference and what I'm accustomed to over the years. Not saying the way I prefer to play is better. I've been playing with this control scheme since the original GT.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
What is improper about analog triggers? They *are* proper analogue controls.
Sorry, I was on an tablet and my post came off as gibberish. I meant to say that throttle is the last of my concerns, given I'd be using sticks for controls. Being able to keep proper racing line is way more important to me than analogue throttle. BTW, some RL racing vehicles have fairly binary throttle.

Top Bottom