• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies Anywhere - New Digital Movie Locker

Sorely needed - would almost make me consider using such a service. Ripping Blurays + plex is still more flexible, though, for the technically inclined.

Machine

I linked my Amazon and Google accounts but no free movies. Hopefully they get this sorted soon.

EDIT: They just showed up. Apparently it's just moving slowly.

The only movies I've bought with Amazon or Google were Disney movies, but I got my free 5 anyway (well... 3, since I already had the Lego Movie and Big Hero 6).

ViciousDS

Banned
What error is iTunes giving you?

its not an error....I'm having some weird DPI issue where my arrow doesn't actually lineup with the buttons...like I have to go beneath the button to get a clickable arrow.....its been this way on my PC since the beginning. The hyperlinks are not lined up with what I actually see

tried compatibility mode, tried canceling scaling.....i fucking hate itunes

If it’s not resolved on it’s own I’m gonna call them tomorrow. I don’t want to disconnect my account from iTunes and risk not being able to reconnect it for 180 days. It says “different accounts” for the 180 days rule but I don’t want to push it

graywolf323

I wonder if some movies I have on Vudu in SD from codes in cheap DVDs will port to iTunes as HD through this?

edit: well some SD stuff I had from way back when on Amazon ported over as SD so I'm guessing it won't from Vudu either then

Neece

Anyone able to get the Roku app for this? I can’t find it in the channel store or find a code to add it to my Roku profile online.

This is useless to me otherwise.

We had the old style five person share off of an ultraviolet library. This is not better from a sharing point of view it appears.

Going forward our only solution seems to be piecemealing the connections across each other's accounts rather than a shared out library. I don't love this.

Snaku

Banned
If it’s not resolved on it’s own I’m gonna call them tomorrow. I don’t want to disconnect my account from iTunes and risk not being able to reconnect it for 180 days. It says “different accounts” for the 180 days rule but I don’t want to push it

I resolved it, you have to unlink your MA account through the AppStore.

kaskade

This is amazing. The disconnect between digital services was so silly. I always appreciated when I a disc would come with iTunes and Vudu since i have an apple tv. It was frustrating having to bounce back and forth between apps though trying to figure out which belonged where.

WildZero

So how does this work? If I buy an HD copy of a film from Google Play for example, does that get updated to 4K through iTunes, or would it still just appear as HD?
I have managed to create a US Movies Anywhere account & linked my UK Google Play account to it. Amazon, iTunes & Vudu need US accounts though.
Vudu is linked to my UK Ultraviolet account, so it will be interesting to see if those films carry over

KevinG

Put my digital copy of Rogue One on the wrong DMA account back in April, and was told I had to call in order to move it to the correct account. I have a feeling that I've probably lost that digital license forever with this new fangled set up, as I've already merged this new account with my main DMA account.

So how does this work? If I buy an HD copy of a film from Google Play for example, does that get updated to 4K through iTunes, or would it still just appear as HD?
I have managed to create a US Movies Anywhere account & linked my UK Google Play account to it. Amazon, iTunes & Vudu need US accounts though.
Vudu is linked to my UK Ultraviolet account, so it will be interesting to see if those films carry over

Movies get upgraded to 4K on iTunes

reKon

Banned
Is DMA down too? Wreck it Ralph wasn't showing up in my Google library, but I think it's because it originally was linked from DMA?

I can't seem to sign into my account there.

Weevilone

Put my digital copy of Rogue One on the wrong DMA account back in April, and was told I had to call in order to move it to the correct account. I have a feeling that I've probably lost that digital license forever with this new fangled set up, as I've already merged this new account with my main DMA account.

Nah, just call in and have them fix it.

Just unlinked my iTunes from last night using the iTunes app. Now I'm re-linked ok.. just waiting for Vudu and don't care about Amazon. Have nothing there, and only use for Prime content I can't get anywhere else.

I ran the app, signed in with my Google account, it found my Disney account as soon as it logged in, but the options in the left pane are grayed out and it says Guest at the top.

Edit: exited app and ran it again and now all is well.

KevinG

Is DMA down too? Wreck it Ralph wasn't showing up in my Google library, but I think it's because it originally was linked from DMA?

I can't seem to sign into my account there.

I was just able to merge my DMA account a few minutes ago.

Snaku

Banned
We had the old style five person share off of an ultraviolet library. This is not better from a sharing point of view it appears.

Going forward our only solution seems to be piecemealing the connections across each other's accounts rather than a shared out library. I don't love this.

Yeah, hopefully UV sticks around for a while or MA adds family sharing.

Makes me a little nervous that I don't really understand how all this shit works together. If I own movies on UV/Vudu, and I link with Movies Anywhere, and then UV dies completely and Vudu shuts down entirely, will I still have my movies on Movies Anywhere?

And why's everyone talking about transferring to iTunes? Don't I just move everything to Movies Anywhere and use all their apps and shit? Is there a Movies Anywhere Roku app?

But this sounds very consumer friendly and the best of all possible worlds?

giga

Yeah, that's a really good question.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Works fairly well. Vudu not connecting yet, but it's first day. Biggest issue I have is no Chromecast support?

I'm still confused about the non-VUDU Ultraviolet redemptions. I don't have a ton, but whenever I redeemed, I used Flixster just because that happened to be the first one I signed up for. Can I get those in there?

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Yeah, this is the only worse thing about it compared to UV.
We'll see what we have to do in my own group.

Didnt realize Vudu was such an issue for some people. I've had my Vudu account for years and not once did I have an issue with the service.

The only thing I didnt like is when I purchase a BD/4K like Wonder Woman and the code is for WB's streaming service. I hate signing up for studio only services.

Top Bottom