• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

I joined OKC about four weeks ago and have. Had pretty good luck so far...

Just get a full body picture EVERY time.

I hear a lot of women claim that they dont like guys who work out and show their tops. But studies say these women like the ladies of Take Me out are full of shit.

Sadsic

I have a girl promising to give me the "best sex ever" this Saturday if I come to her house via Okcupid.

Am I going to be raped?

I hear a lot of women claim that they dont like guys who work out and show their tops. But studies say these women like the ladies of Take Me out are full of shit.

Nah, I meant get a full body shot of THEM every time.

Beware the only head shots, and the weird-angle top down pics.

Women are full of shit. Looks are the #1 most important thing to them no matter what they say. They also like the guys that act like confident funny assholes. Another tip is don't give them compliments. That turns them off.

Women are full of shit. Looks are the #1 most important thing to them no matter what they say. They also like the guys that act like confident funny assholes. Another tip is don't give them compliments. That turns them off.

This I find hilarious, because they're on an online dating site. If looks are important, then they wouldn't be on an online dating site. I'm quite sure they can find someone out there in public.

This I find hilarious, because they're on an online dating site. If looks are important, then they wouldn't be on an online dating site. I'm quite sure they can find someone out there in public.

Put up a fake profile with an amazing looking guy as the profile pic and watch the responses come flooding in versus an average looking guy.

DiscoJer

Don't be broke.

Yeah, they actually did a blog entry about that.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-biggest-lies-in-online-dating/

Scroll down about 1/3 down

These bold colors contain a subtle message: if you're a young guy and don't make much money, cool. If you're 23 or older and don't make much money, go die in a fire. It's not hard to see where the incentive to exaggerate comes from.

Anyway, I've been on OKCupid for something like 6 years. No dates, no replies (I'm like o for 110 or so), and only a handful of incoming message, mostly from women who are in their 60s.

The closest one to my age was a woman with 4 children and living with the fathers (2 different ones). I'm open minded, but not that open minded.

Slayven

Anyway, I've been on OKCupid for something like 6 years. No dates, no replies (I'm like o for 110 or so), and only a handful of incoming message, mostly from women who are in their 60s.

The closest one to my age was a woman with 4 children and living with the fathers (2 different ones). I'm open minded, but not that open minded.
You should have went for the life experience, surely that is worth a few value meals?

maxxpower

Girls is damn cute, good luck op. I would join okcupid but I'm one ugly motherfucker so I doubt I'd get any responses, and I also don't have a camera or any pictures of myself.

Fuck, dude. I know I said I fucked five chicks on Okcupid but none of them were dimes, you feel me? I have to wonder how you can't get hits in six years. How old are you? Even pudgy dipshits can get laid on this site. What are your circumstances, friend?

Fuck, dude. I know I said I fucked five chicks on Okcupid but none of them were dimes, you feel me? I have to wonder how you can't get hits in six years. How old are you? Even pudgy dipshits can get laid on this site. What are your circumstances, friend?

Some people have standards.

Or maybe his profile sucks.

Rikkun

Am I the only one who thinks the OP sounds like incredibly blatant viral advertising?

nah, just powerbragging I think.

I made a profile more than a year ago, then never went back to check. Obviously moved the mail notifications to the spam folder, lol, so I can't really say it didn't work for me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I browse OKcupid once in a while, and check the Quiver emails I get, but I've only gotten a handful of dates through the site, and they've all been pretty awful.

Sadly, most of the chicks I've msged through Okcupid have never gotten back to me. Oh well. :\

I haven't gotten hits at all. I'm a regular brown dude that happens to be balding (I shave my head). I work out semi-regularly, and I'm shedding fat I gained over the last few years. I'm no porker in the least, but I'm also no super awesome catch.

I think I've just had bad luck with the whole affair. I'm willing to believe that it's my profile, but I have MAD bad luck with online dating.

My profile is the biggest piece of shit I've seen on the site, but I still get messages from fat chicks.

I mean if even the fat chicks aren't messaging you...

Weird. I used to get messages from weird/ugly/fat chicks, but after I stopped responding, I don't even get those now. *shrug*

Rikkun

I just noticed 66% or girls in my area are bisexual. Don't know how to see this.

but I just found one who's in for casual sex so bye gaf.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Okay I just read some of the okcupid blog and they have some serious data mining there. It's really interesting some of the graphs they come up with.

RoughSexOverTime.png

hah

GorillaJu

lol those are scam sites.

Scam how? A few of my friends also used Koreancupid and we all had good luck with it.

I was the only one of my friends who used Ublove but they liked my profile so I got on the front page for a few weeks for free - I literally had so many messages during that time every day that replied to maybe 1 out of 20 or so. But to be fair, for some reason I got tons of messages from girls in China despite being in Korea. Still, the girls I met thru Ublove were all pretty chill/normal and didn't just want free English lessons, they wanted to date or just hook up. Learned a lot about plastic surgery first hand(s) thanks to them. :lol

Maybe a lot has hanged between 07 and now?

:|

Don't brag and not backup.
Fuck it.

Between the repugnant facial hair and lack of GAF avatar pic, I'm pretty disappointed with past-me. Also, it seems that OKC changed the profile layout a bit -- the "I am x, y, and z" line was originally at the tippy top.

Protip: the "I made you smile." and the M&Ms line in the "You should message me if" section were the breadwinners. A lot of the messages I got sprung off of one of those two.

G0523

I'm gay and found my boyfriend on OKCupid. We've been together for about a year and a half now. Can't say that OKCupid is that bad. Lol. :)

Az987

all good things
Fuck it.

Between the repugnant facial hair and lack of GAF avatar pic, I'm pretty disappointed with past-me. Also, it seems that OKC changed the profile layout a bit -- the "I am x, y, and z" line was originally at the tippy top.

Protip: the "I made you smile." and the M&Ms line in the "You should message me if" section were the breadwinners. A lot of the messages I got sprung off of one of those two.

Were an 86% match! Wanna hook up?

Fuck it.

Hey bro is your username on there from Superman IV: Quest for Peace?

GorillaJu

Fuck it.

I could see why that profile worked for you. It's like a focus-grouped advertisement aimed at the Okcupid female demographic.

Not sure how much of it is genuine but looks like it'd be a massive success.

Atomsk how did you hurt your back? I fucked mine up doing squats and I've tried everything - can't get it to stop hurting when I bend over (haha that's what she said, etc)

atomsk

Party Pooper
they read the workmen's comp/legal thing and saw $$$$$$

only added that part recently (used to be on a different account since 2005) because I was tired of having to explain why I wasn't working

so many conversations of "so what do you do" instantly turned to getting ignored =/

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God, the part that kills me about every time I log into OKC to check my quiver matches, every single girl I get matched to is into hiking and shit.

I live just outside Boulder, CO, so I can see why there are so many, but it makes it that much harder when you're not into outdoor activities at all.

Hey bro is your username on there from Superman IV: Quest for Peace?
It's actually from one of the greatest books of all time.
I could see why that profile worked for you. It's like a focus-grouped advertisement aimed at the Okcupid female demographic.

Not sure how much of it is genuine but looks like it'd be a massive success.
I think I'm flattered? The only disingenuous part is that, when asked, I denied using a rhyming dictionary for the first part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom