• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony product first to go out of stock at Hasbro Comic-Con booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
yDCY0.jpg

The list that Hasbro is selling:

• G.I. JOE 3.75" KIM ARASHIKAGE SPECIAL EDITION FIGURE
  • G.I. JOE H.I.S.S. TANK VEHICLE WITH SHOCKWAVE DECO AND 3.75" DESTRO & B.A.T. SPECIAL EDITION PACK (G.I. JOE and TRANSFORMERS crossover, the H.I.S.S. TANK gets a DECEPTICON SHOCKWAVE make-over, including a G1 SHOCKWAVE blaster attachment.)
  • TRANSFORMERS PRIME TERRORCON CLIFFJUMPER
  • TRANSFORMERS DELUXE BRUTICUS COMBINER (BLAST OFF, VORTEX, DECEPTICON BRAWL, SWINDLE, and ONSLAUGHT each have three modes: robot, vehicle and a third ‘combiner’ mode to link together. This special edition set also includes removable packaging resembling a silhouette of the DECEPTICON logo that becomes a display case for the BRUTICUS figure)
  • MARVEL UNIVERSE S.H.I.E.L.D. SUPER HELICARRIER (huge, over 4 feet long! has 9 projectile launchers)
  • MARVEL UNIVERSE 3.75” MASTERS OF EVIL Special Edition 3-Pack (Includes BARON ZEMO, RADIOACTIVE MAN and TIGER SHARK)
  • MARVEL LEGENDS SPECIAL EDITION UNCANNY X-FORCE COLLECTOR’S PACK (Includes ARCHANGEL, WOLVERINE, and PSYLOCKE in outfits from The Fall of Archangel story line)
  • STAR WARS VINTAGE SPECIAL EDITION CARBONITE CHAMBER COLLECTOR’S PACK (includes 3.75” carded JAR JAR BINKS in CARBONITE, which is hidden in the center of the packaging and can be revealed by raising it through the “CARBONITE CHAMBER” top of the case)
  • JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS Special Edition Doll: HOLLYWOOD JEM
  • MY LITTLE PONY 2012 Special Edition Pony

McNum

Well, of course it did. The 2012 Special Edition pony was Derpy Hooves, even if Hasbro didn't have that name on the box. The word "derpy" could be seen as offensive, after all. It's the grey crosseyed pegasus pony that's a fan favorite among the bronies. Of course all the Derpies would sell out fast.

Now watch the Derpies show up for crazy prices on eBay very soon.

Sneds

Are we assuming that there was an equal number of each figure to begin with?

Re: XiaNaphryz - I edited my post so that it actually made sense. :)

judhudson

Personally I'll just wait until Hasbro puts it on their website after SDCC and that one other con like they were going to.

It helps when I already scored one from China though...but without its box...

Kenai

This is completely expected. Those who didn't want it for themselves (which I'm sure are more than any are willing to admit) are almost 100% going to make profit reselling them. There's no real downside to buying one that I can tell.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do they have human pony booth babes?

This is completely expected. Those who didn't want it for themselves (which I'm sure are more than any are willing to admit) are almost 100% going to make profit reselling them. There's no real downside to buying one that I can tell.

someone might take your picture while you're buying one and that picture might go viral and you'll forever be known as that Brony guy

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Predictable, for anyone involved in the fandom.

This figure is of Derpy Hooves, a background character whose distinctive crossed eyes occurred originally because of an animation error, having been incorporated into show continuity as the producers watched her popularity skyrocket over her peculiar feature.

The name was given by fans, and is so entrenched into the fandom that Hasbro seems unwilling to commit on an official name for the character. Derpy is out of the question because of its possible offensive connotations - they attempted it once in an episode, and there was a minor, but furious backlash from some watchers over it, justifying the redubbing of that particular episode.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
Someone please explain to me why my little pony has become so popular recently..cus I can't make sense of it

Someone please explain to me why my little pony has become so popular recently..cus I can't make sense of it

That new show is that good. Seriously, one the best toy shows ever produced.

<--- Not a Brony, but worked at Hasbro and Hasbro toy shows in the past.

gutshot

My daughter watches it. Yeah, it's good. But it is still a kid's show. I don't understand the appeal for adults.

Goron2000

best junior ever

I've watched an episode and it's not exceptional in any way. It's the same humor as every other cartoon produced in the last 10 years.

Avixph

Can't blame them. The rest of the toys in that line-up:

1. Are overly expensive compared to Pony
2. Flat out sucks. Seriously, who the fuck wants Jar Jar Binks?!

Not exactly true because the only good toy there is bruticus from fall of cybertron.

I've watched an episode and it's not exceptional in any way. It's the same humor as every other cartoon produced in the last 10 years.

The visual look of the show is exceptional. Design wise they really nailed it. 10000000% cuteness increase from the old show.

Jarmel

Banned

Animation quality, music, comedic value, adult references, and people jumping on the bandwagon to spite other people. It makes perfect sense and is a rather exceptional kid's show.

Jar Jar Binks encased in carbonite. Essentially a smaller version of what we have in the ILM lobby standing next to Han Solo in carbonite:

http://i.imgur.com/fmVNs.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

Why? Why would you put Jar Jar next to Han Solo? Why?

Orcastar

I wish I could get a Derpy figure, but I'm not about to pay eBay prices for one...

"I watched an episode of the Simpsons once and didn't find it funny at all. I don't get how it's so popular."

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why? Why would you put Jar Jar next to Han Solo? Why?
...because it's funny seeing Jar Jar in carbonite on the wall and most visitors don't expect to see it? All of the people I've given a tour thought it was awesome. ;P

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
So the most popular character is a retarded horse, the one that would be easiest to sexually assault?

Kenai

someone might take your picture while you're buying one and that picture might go viral and you'll forever be known as that Brony guy

Haha, that would be pretty funny. Although from the looks of it there would be a line of people rather than one guy.

I have to disagree there. My GF and I prefer cartoons to pretty much anything else when we get a chance to watch T.V., and there's a lot of crap to sort through. Furthermore, it's pretty rare to find a cartoon that is marketed for young girls (more than anyone else anyway) that also happens to be good enough for non-young girls to enjoy as well. It's not designed to just be "girly" if that makes sense. Reminds me of the old PPG cartoon in that way.

I watched it and enjoyed it. But I don't understand why the fandom seems more outspoken than Adventure Time or Regular Show or Futurama or stuff like that (which I enjoy just as much if not more).

Maybe because watching MLP is seen as wrong by some vocal folks but the others are not? MLP is designed so that younger children will find it appealing, but since it's a well made cartoon (and doesn't make me feel stupid for watching it, like some other shows I've "tolerated"), I've never understood why. I don't really care enough to find out though.

Or maybe Hasbro doesn't care that you can watch all of the full episodes on youtube at any time? I know most shows do care and remove anything that isn't a clip or fanmade video, but it's pretty convenient for folks to watch that way.

Goron2000

best junior ever
I wish I could get a Derpy figure, but I'm not about to pay eBay prices for one...

"I watched an episode of the Simpsons once and didn't find it funny at all. I don't get how it's so popular."

Even the worst Simpsons episodes have something i can relate to or find humorous. The adventures of Applejack did none of those things, the humour is non existent. i could best describe the humour as if Adam Sandler was trying to make a show for 7 year olds (On Purpose).

well FUCK they still have JEM toys GUESS I GOTTA MAKE A TRIP

Even the worst Simpsons episodes have something i can relate to or find humorous. The adventures of Applejack did none of those things, the humour is non existent. i could best describe the humour as if Adam Sandler was trying to make a show for 7 year olds (On Purpose).
Two different beasts.

Kenai

There were quite a few episodes I didn't enjoy very much (I saw the 1 hour pilot and then basically ignored the show for a long time), but I actually started watching the rest after giving it a second try and watching another episode I found absolutely hilarious and awesome. I wish I could remember the episode's name, but I don't really feel like trying to find it at the moment.

Orcastar

I guess it's just not your cup of tea then. At least you gave it a shot, which is more than most MLP bashers are willing to do. Still, personally I wouldn't judge any series by just one episode.

It's sad that Pony is more popular than G.I. Joe.

Yeah, it's so sad that people watch a series about cute and colourful cartoon ponies instead of a series that glorifies war.

Alucrid

Banned
I guess it's just not your cup of tea then. At least gave it a shot, which is more than most MLP bashers are willing to do. Still, personally I wouldn't judge any series by just one episode.

Yeah, it's so sad that people watch a series about cute and colourful cartoon ponies instead of a series that glorifies war.

hehehe....hahhaha...HAHAHAHAH

Still, I might have bought some then flip them on ebay.

SmithnCo

Not surprising. The pony drawings were also the most popular in that Japan relief auction, and the pony they're giving away is a big fan favorite.

Goron2000

best junior ever
I don't mean to offend anyone's tastes by the way, i'm just sick of those fucking ponies. I hear that other cartoons like adventure time and regular show are also funny and that's fine with me because the fans are not shoving it in my face with avatars, photoshops, crossovers and obscure references. If you say you don't like the show or having it shoved down your throat you are then accused of being narrow minded and ignorant.

On GAF it's not too bad but outside of these walls is a very different place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom