• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update # 5
ipjXUchWnCW5l.gif

iF5lgXx1aK069.gif

UPDATE # 4 - Mountain Race
k8fet.gif

UPDATE 3 forest race in India
iy0hBZGIa8Q87.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lap1f-NTIvQ

UPDATE # 2 New clip!!
itFANgpQI0u3O.gif

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMO5dVIm_cI

Improvements everywhere!
More wheel-to-wheel gameplay from ‪#‎DRIVECLUB‬, captured direct from ‪#‎PS4‬. When you race with the AI, drivers will take risks and exploit mistakes just like you would, which makes for some lively ‪#‎PS4SHARE‬ moments.

As well as the lighting upgrades we mentioned yesterday, we also want to let you know that the AI and the audio are still being improved too, because we care about even the smallest details. You can expect to hear better engine and collision sounds in the game, which we'll keep showing you more of during development.

Initial update
L2c6P7.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnPyHfCYWwQ
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=535333056551059

Looks like they have made a lot of improvements!
*PS2 quality motion blur has been replaced by high quality motion blur
*Better lod minimal pop ups
*Hard shadows are gone, soft shadows are in
*Ghost cars replaced by actual cars
*Better collision physics/detection compared to the e3 build
*The game sounds a lot better as well
And more!

More improvements coming!

More visual improvements incoming

@AlwayzGaming YES!! Most notably from the video just shared you will see an improvement for the ambient lighting inside the car...

@AlwayzGaming ...and big improvements to the sun, the clouds and the sky overall. When we have that we will show you a full race. :)

@AlwayzGaming We're about to start optimising the reflections in the mirrors too.

@AlwayzGaming ...also the glass windscreen doesn't sit perfectly with the bodywork of the car. We've already

https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB

This is a glimpse of ‪#‎DRIVECLUB‬ in action. The video was captured direct from ‪#‎PS4‬, showing a cool ‪#‎PS4SHARE‬ moment from a race up on a 7,703 ft tall mountain in Norway.

The sun, the clouds and the ambient lighting inside the car will all look better soon, because we're about to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics. When we do, we will share a full race with you. You won't have to wait much longer

MilkBeard

The lighting of the course is very realistic looking. Got that sunset/sunrise vibe.

EDIT: Lighting looks great and they are going to upgrade it further? Can't wait to see this beauty in full form.

lol, shooting for the stars with that thread title, mang :)

But yeah, that vid is pretty damn gorgeous looking. When's the full version coming?

Loudninja

More visual improvements incoming
@AlwayzGaming YES!! Most notably from the video just shared you will see an improvement for the ambient lighting inside the car...
@AlwayzGaming ...and big improvements to the sun, the clouds and the sky overall. When we have that we will show you a full race. :)
@AlwayzGaming We're about to start optimising the reflections in the mirrors too.
@AlwayzGaming ...also the glass windscreen doesn't sit perfectly with the bodywork of the car. We've already
https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB

Driveclub said:
This is a glimpse of #DRIVECLUB in action. The video was captured direct from #PS4, showing a cool #PS4SHARE moment from a race up on a 7,703 ft tall mountain in Norway.

The sun, the clouds and the ambient lighting inside the car will all look better soon, because we're about to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics. When we do, we will share a full race with you. You won't have to wait much longer.
:O

Driveclub said:
Lots of people say that that the handling is closer to PGR than GT or Forza, because it strikes a balance between the age old "arcade" and "simulation" archetypes, even though it's actually much deeper than that. The handling team refined the model again just this week - and will continue to do so up to release - so hopefully you'll give it a second go and get a better feel for it.
Sweet!

That ice on the road. That draw distance. THAT LIGHTING. That environment. That sense of speed.

Man ... 6 months to go? I love it when delays turn out to be the best decisions.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Seems poor form for Evo to tease like this after they've just delayed the game on fairly short notice. A longer clip certainly seems in order. At least as long as the previous clips.

Oh I got too excited. Didnt see the other cars since I am on my phone. Sorry. Looks great though.
You tend to do this a lot - complain about things the game doesn't seem to do because you're watching a tiny vid on your phone. Maybe stop doing that?

thread title should say multiple cars..... wonder when where going to get the full length footage

hype.... game is looking better with each update

will become a definite buy now especially since it has been pushed back to a later date

jayu26

I count five cars! Can we get a title update?

Edit: By the way, this is the first time the sound in this game impressed me.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I really like the track settings they are using for this. I just hope there is a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom