• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix trademarks "SE Masterpieces" in Europe...

Pooya

capturedi75.png

capture2xfa8.png

to access it, go to this page. enter "square-enix" in the owner field, it's first on the result. filed on 11/5/2011 (EU date format) last Wednesday.

this sounds like a brand for rereleasing of old games (like HD ports for example :eek:), or can be something for facebook >_>
Square-Enix once had this KH Trinity Masterpieces collection in Japan.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430107
Also on presentation slides for the end of FY, there is this, "Digitalizing catalog titles"
capture8cdg.png

Lothars

Mama Robotnik said:
First release better be FFIX. Can't imagine any other game more deserving of such a title.

I can but I know this is for Europe, I would like them to release the International Versions of FFX, FFX-2, FFXII and Kingdom Hearts final mixes in both Europe and North America,

Not sure why people are mentioning FFIX. What would SE do with it? They already released the game on PSN, and they sure as heck aren't going to remake a ps1 game.

YYZ

Absolutely no one considers FFVII a masterpiece so they definitely shouldn't bother with that ugly child.

I'd be interested if they brought over the International Final Fantasy games and the Final Mix Kingdom Hearts ones. Otherwise I don't see why I'd care since the magic of emulation on PC allows me to play those games in HD already.

ninj4junpei said:
Corrected. Too bad they bastards will never do it. ;_;
They should at least try with X. It's already in English, ffs.

Come to think of it, wouldn't an EU re-release of FFX sort of have to have the International content?

Jigsaw

Banned
H_Prestige said:
This better be ps2 HD classics.

FFX and FFXII standard and zodiac job system
KH and KH2 Final Mix versions

they don't have the tarzan rights anymore,they will never ever re-release kh1 in any form

M.D

miladesn said:
to access it, go to this page. enter "square-enix" in the owner field, it's first on the result. filed on 11/5/2011 (EU date format) last Wednesday.

Not related to the thread, but I just love how simple it is to search for trademarks in the EU
It such a horrible fucking experience in the US website

ezekial45

Banned
I feel like giving FFXII the HD treatment would be a MASSIVE undertaking. Considering the scope of it all. I'd love for it to happen though.

BTW, does Sony still have the publishing rights for the PS1/PS2 era Square games?

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
They should at least try with X. It's already in English, ffs.

Come to think of it, wouldn't an EU re-release of FFX sort of have to have the International content?
? I'm not familiar with the PAL releases of any SE games.

I'm actually voting for this to be a new line of Gaming themed BBQ sauces.

Final Flavor 10 is so thick you can stand a drumstick in it!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
SE Masterpieces eh?

Hope to see FFX, DQVIII, and KH1 in that pack.

Pooya

M.D said:
Not related to the thread, but I just love how simple it is to search for trademarks in the EU
It such a horrible fucking experience in the US website
with all the recent "leaks" I don't think it will last long.

Top Bottom