• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

vasuba

Banned
Next Month in ONM has a Wii game announcement coming. They gave 1 hint about it uin the advertising for it.

Classic Game being revived is all we know

imag0442uj4.jpg

ItsNights2.jpg

Image thanks to TSE. Could it really be? :eek:

Avrum

Please, let it be a knew Baten Kaitos. The pieces fit! Baten Kaitos I believe being the name of a distant star not to mention the whole controversy of Origins' ending and what baby that might have been shown in the womb.

Maybe I'm just being too hopeful, but damn if the connections aren't there.

well, baten kaitos probably wouldn't really be considered a "classic game that makes a long overdue return", lol

Since there's a bunch of stars in the picture, I'll say...Startropics! Haven't seen that in a while.

vasuba said:
The Image is a star constellation shaped like a baby in the womb. seems like a really familiar image but i cant remember where ive seen it before.

low-2001.jpg

2001 - The Game!

Seriously though, is there any mention that it is an actual Wii game and not an actual VC title? After all, it mentions a "return", which doesn't neccessarily mean a remake or sequel.

Avrum said:
Please, let it be a knew Baten Kaitos. The pieces fit! Baten Kaitos I believe being the name of a distant star not to mention the whole controversy of Origins' ending and what baby that might have been shown in the womb.

Maybe I'm just being too hopeful, but damn if the connections aren't there.

It says that it's a classic game with a long overdue return. As good as Baten Kaitos is, it's not yet a classic nor is it overdue for a return.

splattergnome said:
low-2001.jpg

2001 - The Game!

Seriously though, is there any mention that it is an actual Wii game and not an actual VC title? After all, it mentions a "return", which doesn't neccessarily mean a remake or sequel.

Why would they make such a huge deal about a VC game?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Wait a minute ONM= Original Nintendo magazine. The one that has hyped up and not delivered on EVERY SINGLE EXCLUSIVE! hmm

Ranger X

"Nintendbabies"

You raise a child and do contests and all.
Ultimate goal is to win the interest of Pedobear.

million copies sold instantly.

Be StarFox Wii. But only if it's like the SNES and N64 StarFoxies. Not the new StarFoxies.

Should be a simple enough concept, Nintendo. Make it happen. Make me proud.

Avrum

Nazgul_Hunter said:
It says that it's a classic game with a long overdue return. As good as Baten Kaitos is, it's not yet a classic nor is it overdue for a return.

Yeah, I just noticed that part. Ah well, time to go back to hoping for another BK.

As for this as it is...I'm not entirely sure what it could be. I don't know any games off hand that have any connection in that regard that is a classic. Maybe the stars thing but baby in the womb? Color me baffled.

fanduck

Oh my god. All the recent talk about Kid Icaras, and nobody has mentioned it yet. That has to be what they're referring to

BrandNew said:
Why would they make such a huge deal about a VC game?

It wouldn't be the first time that an official Nintendo magazine got people hyped up due to (accidentally?) misleading advertising. And there are some VC games which would get a positive hype effect from readers - Chrono Trigger, Earthbound (although neither of them fit the picture).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Haven't their been rumors of Sega resurrecting an old franchise?

fanduck said:
Oh my god. All the recent talk about Kid Icaras, and nobody has mentioned it yet. That has to be what they're referring to

That would be fantastic. It would make since too as to why Kid Icarus hit the virtual console as early as it did. I mean, not that I think it's that complicated or anything or that there was any real meaning behind it but I could see them putting it on the VC right before a sequel announcement.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
You guys are all setting yourself up for disappointment. The last two times ONM hyped something up it turned out to be nothing and Battalion Wars II after it was already revealed.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Did GAF just make another First Discovery?

on one hand, I sorta think you guys might be doing the whole "I saw jesus in a potato chip!" image projection thing...

on the other hand...I REALLY FREAKING WANT AN UPDATE TO NIGHTS.

ahem.

edit: oh shit at the overlay picture :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Could it also be the original Nights coming to the VC as the Sega Saturn's first title?

Top Bottom