• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter [Kickstarter = Funded] Wii-U Stretch at 550K, Ends Oct 12

kidko

46Odrey.gif

$550,000 Wii U Goal SMASHED TO DUST! Alternate Drifter Reveal! Other things with exclamations!

Kickstarter Page

Steam Greenlight Page

A glimpse at work-in-progress music by Disasterpeace on Soundcloud!

Hyper Light Drifter is a 2D Action RPG in the vein of the best 8-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.

Visions for this game have been fluttering in my skull for ages; something dark and fantastic, with giant forests to navigate, huge floating structures to explore, deep crumbling ruins to loot, massive throngs of enemies to rend, and behemoths both flesh and mechanical to overcome. I want it all to be as beautiful as possible, forging color with the dark and eerie wastes and intimidating landscapes. It plays like the best parts of A Link to the Past and Diablo, evolved: lightning fast combat, more mobility, an array of tactical options, more numerous and intelligent enemies, and a larger world with a twisted past to do it all in.

6Hm5oQl.jpg

ApS05KV.jpg

OtXltjf.gif

ry2OZSO.gif

P4ieToQ.jpg

Platforms
$10 gets you the game on PC, Mac or Linux, Steam or DRM-free. $15 and up lets you choose PS4, Vita, or OUYA! Plus Wii U if we reach the stretch goal of $550,000! (THEY DID!)

The game is planned for a mid 2014 release on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX, currently, with a Steam release in the works! Depending on the stretch goals reached, I would love to get this on PS4 and Vita in the future. Other platforms are also a possibility, but again depends on the resources available at the end of the Kickstarter.

See All Updates...

Stretch Goals!

TAo7jeQ.gif

androvsky

That looks great! I can only assume the lack of replies are because everyone's watching the video I can't because I'm at work. :)

I wish more games, Kickstarter and Mobile especially, used pixel art.

But even then, I doubt it would look this damn good!

The little touches in the animation good lord

This looks really, really cool. While watching the trailer though something crossed my mind- how awesome would a movie be made in that style? I'm loving the style of this game so much I'm almost tempted to go for the $100 tier for the print. Don't think I can put that much money into something that may or may not actually deliver though.

Amir0x

Banned
Disasterpeace!? YES, I will follow him anywhere after the astonishing Fez OST

Edit: Damn the music in the trailer is hype as FUCK

IT MUST MAKE IT TO $75000

excowboy

Whilst Disasterpeace is brill, Baths has me hyped - he's an absolute genius. Art and atmosphere look stunning also. Can't actually watch the trailer right now but really interested in this one...

Naito

Woah. The trailer left me in a state of awe that I didn't have for a while.
I would go for the Resplendant Print tier, but I just realised they don't ship outside US, such a bummer.

Miker

Holy shit that looks even more amazing in motion.

And the music in the trailer sounds good, too - I guess I should get around to playing Fez, eh?

gngf123

Holy shit that looks even more amazing in motion.

And the music in the trailer sounds good, too - I guess I should get around to playing Fez, eh?

Trailer track seems to be provided by Baths. Disasterpeace did the Fez soundtrack, and will do the score for this.

But as someone who has been listening to the Fez soundtrack constantly for the past week. Yes.

Amir0x

Banned
Trailer track seems to be provided by Baths. Disasterpeace did the Fez soundtrack, and will do the score for this.

But as someone who has been listening to the Fez soundtrack constantly for the past week. Yes.

The Fez soundtrack is pretty much hands down the best game OST released last gen as far as I am concerned. It's so perfect in every way and is gorgeous to listen to in or out of the game; it's one of the few game OSTs I think work well like that.

Miker

Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT:

This instantly reminded me of Boktai. That is a very, very good thing.

Let's make a push for a USB sun sensor as a stretch goal.

Gbraga

Holy FUCK.

I didn't get a chance to back Radio the Universe, and this game reminds me of it in its beautiful pixelart and amazing animations.

So good.

Backed.

Momentary

Banned
Damn... 10 gets you the game
25 gets you a special version of the game
75 gets you another main character...

What the hell. I'm going to have to sit and think about this. I'll probably go with the 25 tier. I still have to donate to No. 9.

Unreal. I know I get excited about anything 2D and throwback-esque on kickstarter, but this is on another level.

I worship stuff like this.

nampad

Update #1:

The game is planned for a mid 2014 release on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX, currently, with a Steam release in the works! Depending on the stretch goals reached, I would love to get this on PS4 and Vita in the future. Other platforms are also a possibility, but again depends on the resources available at the end of the Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter/posts

Vita, hhhhhnnnnnggggg. This has to happen, please.

Top Bottom