• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade back in stock at vgplus for £63

Lurking

Banned
Looks like somebody in Canada has learned how to rip off its customers just like Gamestop.

They're actually a really good local game store. They got a ton of niche stuff, and a wide variety of Atlus titles. I was in there the other day and they had all of the Digital Devil Saga and Persona PS2 games on the shelf. Customer service is great and they have a good customer loyalty program.

Looks like somebody in Canada has learned how to rip off its customers just like Gamestop.

As of my writing this post, the average online price for a used copy of this game is $70 and the average new price is $97. How is this company "ripping off its customers" by selling a product for well below its market value? Please, tell me, I'd like to know.

bigmac996

This is my local game store here north of Toronto. Really great place, lots of rarities and excellent staff who are hardcore gamers themselves. The VGP rewards program is great too. Lots of preorder incentives. AFAIK there's a location in Mississauga too but I've never been there.

But yeah, highly recommend these dudes.

Tempted to pick up a sealed copy to go along with my opened copy, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it given the number of people who won't get to experience the game because NoA won't reprint this. Probably wouldn't even think of it at all except I'm always paranoid about my copy getting damaged somehow.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who has any interest in XB BUY IT! IT'S WORTH IT!

GamerJM

Banned
I'm curious as an American: Is Xenoblade rare in Europe too or something? I was under the impression that was an America-only thing thanks to the GameStop exclusivity.

IV Wolfe VI

Neo Member
I gotta ask as someone who knows nothing of this game. Why does it seem so expensive for a Wii title. What am I missing. I'm not trying to say it's not worth it. What's the appeal ?

I gotta ask as someone who knows nothing of this game. Why does it seem so expensive for a Wii title. What am I missing. I'm not trying to say it's not worth it. What's the appeal ?

It's an amazing game that had a limited print run. Rarity and demand. That's all there is to it. Same goes for the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Being a Wii title is irrelevant.

Dice//

Banned
They're actually a really good local game store. They got a ton of niche stuff, and a wide variety of Atlus titles. I was in there the other day and they had all of the Digital Devil Saga and Persona PS2 games on the shelf. Customer service is great and they have a good customer loyalty program.

Whoo! Fellow VGP-er!

Yeah I love them. Good service, pretty decent prices, and they're usually great guys to chat with.

They maybe charging a bit more, but I don't blame them. They got a bit of a treasure trove on what is easily one of the best JRPGs in recent years.

Tripon

As of my writing this post, the average online price for a used copy of this game is $70 and the average new price is $97. How is this company "ripping off its customers" by selling a product for well below its market value? Please, tell me, I'd like to know.

MSRP for a Wii game is $50 US. I don't know what Canada is right now since Canada raised their rates $5-10 recently across the board due to the devaluation of Canadian dollars to USD. Even then, it should be $55-60 at best if we apply that inflation. If this is a reprinting, then they likely paid standard prices to get it reprinted.

That $97 market value for a new copy was established before the market knew about this new shipment. So to say this is selling well below market value is misguided. The market has changed now.

I said the same thing about Gamestop getting a new shipment of Xenoblade, claiming that it was used so they could sell it above MSRP. That's shit unethical, and anti-consumer.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm curious as an American: Is Xenoblade rare in Europe too or something? I was under the impression that was an America-only thing thanks to the GameStop exclusivity.

Yes, only an American thing, the whole Project Rainfall. I never had any problems finding a copy here in England...in fact my GAME next door still got some

Requeim

Yes, only an American thing, the whole Project Rainfall. I never had any problems finding a copy here in England...in fact my GAME next door still got some

I'm not sure about that. I don't know if it's different in the physical UK stores, but for pretty much all of europe it's expensive as fuck (if not just completely out of stock)

see http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005CLPO9O/

I've been trying to find a reasonably priced copy for some time now, and it's definitely not easy.

Edit: Same goes for the Last Story, although Pandora's Tower is neither hard to find nor expensive.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I checked the GAME next to where I live (124 Camden High Street, London) and there were two Xenoblade boxes, so I asked the guy if they were on sale, but he said nope, only for display, sorry guys :/

Top Bottom