• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic's website & forums hacked

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=799379

Screenshot of email received.

2cy0jtk.jpg

Sorry if old

Grinchy

Banned
narcosis219 said:
THEIR SECURITY WAS BAD. THEY DESERVED IT.
Yep, thank God these guys exposed Epic's inferior security so we can live in a better world. I applaud them, once again.

rac

Banned
Someone must have really wanted to get the names of those awful gaffers who shared the gears 3 beta. You monsters.

bill0527 said:
WTF is going on.

Seriously.

It might just extra newscoverage, instead of an actual increase in succesful attemps to hack a website.
Other things would be the newscoverage giving some people bad ideas or ideas 'how to' like the SQL ehm.. thing.
Or even just a string of random successes what would otherwise have been failures.

Unless this continues well into the range of a significant pattern, I don't think there is much reason to get excited.

After all: sites get hacked all the time. Sometimes not even on purpose. (human error, virus on a server, and so on)

Ballistik

I got this email too like 30 minutes ago and I was tempted to post a thread about it but I went ehhhh whatever, I'm sure someone else will do it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The_Technomancer said:
I'd like to think that EviLore now has his hand over a big button labeled "take GAF offline" just in case.

?

You think NeoGAF is next?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Codemasters.

Flunkie

Banned
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Itunes and Apple IDs would be a pretty big.
I was just thinking this while getting an app earlier. What a fucking hell that would be.

I'm getting tired of this hacking shit.

LQX

narcosis219 said:
THEIR SECURITY WAS BAD. THEY DESERVED IT.
So are we going to see this in every thread like this from now on because some of you are butt hurt over what some said about Sony? Childish.

Zomba13

I am really, honestly surprised GAF hasn't been hit yet.

EDIT: Also surprised that steam/valve hasn't been hit.

Top Bottom