• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buzzfeed: R. Kelly Is Holding Women Against Their Will In A “Cult,” Parents Told Poli

Imm0rt4l

People need to stop supporting and enabling this sick fuck. Mother fucker calls himself the pied piper for crying out loud.

Apathy

Should have listen to the boondocks years ago

Huey: What the hell is wrong with you people? Every famous nigga that gets arrested is not Nelson Mandela! Yes, the government conspires to put a lot of innocent black men in jail on fallacious charges. But R. Kelly is *not* one of those men! We all *know* the nigga can sing, but what happened to standards? What happened to bare minimums? Are you a fan of R. Kelly? You wanna help R. Kelly? Get some counseling for R. Kelly! Introduce him to some older women! Hide his camcorder! But don't pretend that the man is a hero!... And stop the damn dancing! Act like you've got some goddamn sense, people! Damn! I'm through playing around here!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cmNGC6tXnbM

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
the parents are understandably pissed off.

This actually went over my head until I saw this:

Still amazing to me how pretty much nothing happened to him after the piss he did years ago.

ftfy

god damn..

Ah man. R Kelly...still at it it seems....

Yea I stopped supporting him years ago. And subconsciously Michael Jackson. Didnt realize it with MJ until I noticed I didnt have his playlist on my PC anymore after doing numerous OS re installs.

ApharmdX

Banned
Different era. They swept that whole Aaliyah thing under the rug and never spoke about it so it was just this long standing rumor that we knew was true because there was a marriage license.

If that happened today, social media and news outlets would've skewered him.

Same with the sex tape with a 15 year old.

It wasn't the era. I was an adult when the Aaliyah thing and then the piss tape scandals broke and people were mad even back then, but entertainers with true talent have durability... look at Chris Brown, Mel Gibson, Roman Polansky, etc. etc. Chris Brown is a total piece of human garbage but you hear his stuff on the radio and he has hordes of fans, including many women, yet his domestic violence and stalking stuff happened in the age of social media.

Anyway, fuck R. Kelly. He is a predator and I hope these women can escape.

This is how sexual predators with money function. This is how sexual dominants who never learned morality or boundaries act.

R Kelly is a sexual predator, he's conditioned these girls over time to be more and more receptive of his control and abuse. This is classic abuser behavior.

Honestly I find the jokes kinda fucked up. This is a man using his wealth and status to brainwash and kidnap women then hold them hostage and use them as objects for his amusement. It's not funny.

These women CAN'T "just leave". He's conditioned them to be obedient and destroy their ties to the outside world.

This is how sexual predators with money function. This is how sexual dominants who never learned morality or boundaries act.

R Kelly is a sexual predator, he's conditioned these girls over time to be more and more receptive of his control and abuse. This is classic abuser behavior.

Honestly I find the jokes kinda fucked up. This is a man using his wealth and status to brainwash and kidnap women then hold them hostage and use them as objects for his amusement. It's not funny.

These women CAN'T "just leave". He's conditioned them to be obedient and destroy their ties to the outside world.

This post is 100% accurate. The man needs to be attested

Oersted

Here comes somebody on Gaf reframing my posts to say something I never said but what they want me to say.

It never fails.

No ability to disucss any nuance, only extremes.

Frame the situation as "it is abuse and it is a problem that abuse is legal"*, not as "it is abuse but it is perfectly legal, therefore there is nothing we can do about it".

That hard?

*I still miss citation.

Takuan

Loxley

Christ.

This reminds me of that story from a few years ago about the guy in Cleveland who kept three young women chained up in his basement for ten years.

ShyMel

Yes, this is how sexual abusers and/or cults work. Their agency to consent has been warped after all the conditioning.

It reads like a sugar daddy situation to me.

Does it really? I didn't know sugar daddies physically and mentally assaulted and abuse women. I thought they just took care of them financially.

r kelly is a sick fuck that shoulda been in jail many years ago. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know the sick shit he's done or doesn't care. Read any one of his creepy ass interviews, he's a sexual predator and a pedophile who is using his fame and money to get away with monstrous things. Can't believe anyone would defend him but we do have an equal sicko as president so I guess ?

Frame the situation as "it is abuse and it is a problem that abuse is legal"*, not as "it is abuse but it is perfectly legal, therefore there is nothing we can do about it".

That hard?

*I still miss citation.

Physical abuse is not legal. It's the one thing they possibly can get R.Kelly on which I already mentioned if you read my posts. The problem is the women may not even view it as physical abuse and therefore would never call the cops yet alone press charges or testify against him in court.

Takuan

Does it really? I didn't know sugar daddies physically and mentally assaulted and abuse women. I thought they just took care of them financially.
I didn't read about the purported mental / physical abuse at the time of posting. Setting girls up with apartments and presumably other material things in exchange for sex and other stuff is pretty textbook sugar daddy stuff, is all I was saying.

r kelly is a sick fuck that shoulda been in jail many years ago. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know the sick shit he's done or doesn't care. Read any one of his creepy ass interviews, he's a sexual predator and a pedophile who is using his fame and money to get away with monstrous things. Can't believe anyone would defend him but we do have an equal sicko as president so I guess ?

He's a sexual predator, for sure. He absolutely belongs in prison, based on what I've read. I'm just not sure this specific situation is more than a rich dude with a bunch of girls on his payroll.

Edit: Yeah I should've read the article. Bury him under the prison.

I was wondering what this motherfucker has been up to. Somebody needs to get this dude behind bars fast. When these girls get older he's gonna drop them and move on to whatever kids he can find next, and they'll have no idea what to do with themselves because of his programming. And that's assuming that this doesn't end in a violent manner.

Words can't explain how stupid the parents were for trusting him. It doesn't matter if they were keeping an eye on her, child predators will use every trick in the book to get alone with their victims.

I didn't read about the purported mental / physical abuse at the time of posting. Setting girls up with apartments and presumably other material things in exchange for sex and other stuff is pretty textbook sugar daddy stuff, is all I was saying.

He's a sexual predator, for sure. He absolutely belongs in prison, based on what I've read. I'm just not sure this specific situation is more than a rich dude with a bunch of girls on his payroll.

I dunno, I read it as the women being brainwashed and it does sound like a cult and they are being held against their will. The article states that the women are being held in small rooms and are being watched by big burly dudes and the women have no access to phones to contact families on a regular basis.

That sounds like they are being held against their will. I dunno I could be wrong. I just really hate that fucker

And this is NOT a sugar daddy situation. That much is very very clear.

Xe4

Banned
Please stop saying he's not breaking any laws.

To give one example:
If the women break any of Kelly’s “rules,” Mack and Jones said, he punishes them physically and verbally. For example, Jones claimed that Kelly held her against a tree and slapped her outside of a Subway sandwich shop in spring 2013 because she had been too friendly with the male cashier there.

That is assault, and what he's willing to do in public. Guaranteed he's physically and verbally assaulting these women, and likely sexually assaulting them too.

Guaranteed he's breaking laws, the trick is proving that.

Takuan

I dunno, I read it as the women being brainwashed and it does sound like a cult and they are being held against their will. The article states that the women are being held in small rooms and are being watched by big burly dudes and the women have no access to phones to contact families on a regular basis.

That sounds like they are being held against their will. I dunno I could be wrong. I just really hate that fucker

And this is NOT a sugar daddy situation. That much is very very clear.

Yeah, read the article in the OP and this is some ill shit. Lock him up.

I remember people treating R. Kelly like god during his trial with the 15 year old. He should've been locked up a long time ago. Then he had the nerve to start talking about how religious and such a "man of faith" he is once he got off, and his fans just kept buying it like suckers. The dude is trash. Always has been, always will be.

R.Kelly situation: America, "they all sound willing. I like his music, is there proof?"

Tom Cruise/Scientology/Kate: "WOW, Free Katie and Siri!!"

KingV

R.Kelly situation: America, "they all sound willing. I like his music, is there proof?"

Tom Cruise/Scientology/Kate: "WOW, Free Katie and Siri!!"

I had the same thought, he's really only getting away with this because they're black teens (at least I think they are).

andycapps

Honestly, any parent that allowed their kid to be in the same room as this piece of shit really needs to question their decision making. Hope the police/FBI bring R Kelly down.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bruh that mother was aware of R Kelly's history and still let her daughter board that plane ALONE?

bruh

The drive for stardom and success really is overpowering huh.

Reeks

I agree with the the criticisms of the parents. I'd never let my kids around that fucker. But he does have an elaborate system down. He was texting and calling the girls without the knowledge of the parents and groomed one of the girls while she was away at college. The parents are idiots but he's fucking depraved.

Ok.. So I read the OP and a few other posts on the front page with more detail that wasn't in the OP.

The youngest seems to be the 19 year old and he's 50. It's weird but not illegal. The mother says that her daughter is help against her will in a cult like environment but the daughter told the Cops/FBI that she's fine. He rents/owns houses in the suburbs and has strict/controlling rules for the females that live there. Again weird but not illegal.

What I didn't read was these females that's under his control sending out a cry for help. They seem to be ok with it as long as they can live easily or for whatever reason they have to live like that. If the 19 year old told her mother or a former employer or the cops/FBI that they need a way out then it'll make more sense to me. I will reread the OP and first page again but struggling to see the problem if these women are choosing to live like this.

Are they being held against their will or are trapped by him some way?

I agree with the the criticisms of the parents. I'd never let my kids around that fucker. But he does have an elaborate system down. He was texting and calling the girls without the knowledge of the parents and groomed one of the girls while she was away at college. The parents are idiots but he's fucking depraved.

Agreed, it's like he realized all the trouble he was getting himself in with preying on underage girls and tweaked his system so he can prey on barely legal girls and be protected by the law.

Ok.. So I read the OP and a few other posts on the front page with more detail that wasn't in the OP.

The youngest seems to be the 19 year old and he's 50. It's weird but not illegal. The mother says that her daughter is help against her will in a cult like environment but the daughter told the Cops/FBI that she's fine. He rents/owns houses in the suburbs and has strict/controlling rules for the females that live there. Again weird but not illegal.

What I didn't read was these females that's under his control sending out a cry for help. They seem to be ok with it as long as they can live easily or for whatever reason they have to live like that. If the 19 year old told her mother or a former employer or the cops/FBI that they need a way out then it'll make more sense to me. I will reread the OP and first page again but struggling to see the problem if these women are choosing to live like this.

From reading it myself, it just sounds like they've been brainwashed.

KingV

If a prostitute refuses to say her pimp is abusing her, does that mean he isn't? Because that is fairly close to the situation here.

Reeks

Read the article. Allegedly: They cannot contact anyone without his permission. He takes their phones and gives them new phones that they are only allowed to use to contact him unless he says it's ok. They live under strict enforcement of ruels, including not being able to leave certain locations for days at a time (maybe longer) unless he says it's ok; they're not allowed to laugh at another male's joke and must have their backs turned around his friends; they have to keep their hair how he likes; they are only allowed to wear work out clothes during most times. He has a woman who trains them on how to sexually please him. The list goes on and on. It's a crazy article.

Look into how mental conditioning works.

He's manipulating young, impressionable women into being his sex slaves. Sure they can technically leave, but they have been mentally conditioned to never disobey him or face "punishment". It's the same way cults work. Just paired down to one sexual dominant and his brainwashed submissives. This is textbook sexual predition.

I've never understood why this sick fuck is idolized. He should've gone to prison and ended his music career long ago. It really really angers me that all of this is going on and allowed to continue. Where are the ramifications for his crimes? Fuck the court system and money lawyers keeping him safe.

Agreed, it's like he realized all the trouble he was getting himself in with preying on underage girls and tweaked his system so he can prey on barely legal girls and be protected by the law.

From reading it myself, it just sounds like they've been brainwashed.

Brainwashed and mental conditioning, I wasn't thinking of those. I was thinking and looking for something like force imprisonment or cries of help being communicated when I first read threw the article.

If a prostitute refuses to say her pimp is abusing her, does that mean he isn't? Because that is fairly close to the situation here.

Like I mentioned above I was thinking along the lines of something different.

Read the article. Allegedly: They cannot contact anyone without his permission. He takes their phones and gives them new phones that they are only allowed to use to contact him unless he says it's ok. They live under strict enforcement of ruels, including not being able to leave certain locations for days at a time (maybe longer) unless he says it's ok; they're not allowed to laugh at another male's joke and must have their backs turned around his friends; they have to keep their hair how he likes; they are only allowed to wear work out clothes during most times. He has a woman who trains them on how to sexually please him. The list goes on and on. It's a crazy article.

Yeah, I read all that and it's insane the amount of control he has over the females mention. I was just expecting and looking for something different when I started reading the article based off of the OP title.

Look into how mental conditioning works.

He's manipulating young, impressionable women into being his sex slaves. Sure they can technically leave, but they have been mentally conditioned to never disobey him or face "punishment". It's the same way cults work. Just paired down to one sexual dominant and his brainwashed submissives. This is textbook sexual predition.

It's sad. I read your post and immediately thought of 2 women one being my own family. It was extremely similar.

----------------------------

Ok.. Now I better understand. I came in thinking something else and over looked the mental conditioning. I hope these girls get the help they need.

First of all, horrible situation and I hope it gets resolved.

But..... this is garbage parenting of the highest order.

"Yeah we knew about the Aaliyah stuff and the underage sex tapes but you know, I like his music so why not give him access to my teenage daughter"

Top Bottom