• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uplay and Watch_Dogs: Anyone Else Having Problems?

sk3tch

Uplay's first big test (Watch_Dogs release - has to be the biggest moment yet for Uplay, right?) looks like a big fail...at least from my experience. I started my download via Uplay last night around Midnight CST (immediately after being notified by Ubisoft that my game was available)...it was really screaming fast until i went to bed. Woke up to this:

uplay_wash_dogs2.PNG

This persisted all day...just closed the client and re-started it...10 kB/sec isn't going to work for me...

Now it bounces between:

uplay_crash.PNG

and:

uplay_crash2.PNG

I can't be alone with this...I'm at 90% complete with the download. My fear is I will need to restart it. Ha. Serves me right trying to go cheaper and not buying on Steam...

TimmiT

It does seem like Uplay is having trouble, at least on PS4. Can't connect online with the PS4 version of Watch_Dogs right now.

Getting the same, stopped by my house on my lunch hour to kick off the download so it would be ready when I got home, guess that isn't going to happen.

Xyber

I got 29MB/s when I downloaded earlier. Right now I can't go online with uPlay but offline mode worked just fine.

Denton

We are experiencing issues with the authentication services. Players may experience long delays when trying to login in-game. More to come.

- their twitter

dobbz

Neo Member
It's the same here for me. I played last night for a bit, but today I can't log in, and it crashes

It's hardly the first time Uplay fails. If at this point you're still willing to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt regarding that service you're honestly fooling yourself and helping perpetuate a negative experience for most consumers.

I'm sorry for you as a gamer, that you can't play something you legally purchased and are eager to play, but I'm really not sorry for you as a consumer. You should know better at this stage, sorry.

pixlexic

Banned
had no problem this morning. its probably getting hit hard about now.

but I did have problems signing into the servers this morning.

Kiyo

Downloaded super fast through origin, then it redirected me to uplay where I patched and played for a bit, but now it seems uplay is down. Hope my save is okay.

Shahadan

The thing when you have a problem with Uplay is to assume two things :
-it won't be the last time
-you're not alone

Xyber

It's hardly the first time Uplay fails. If at this point you're still willing to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt regarding that service you're honestly fooling yourself and helping perpetuate a negative experience for most consumers.

I'm sorry for you as a gamer, that you can't play something you legally purchased and are eager to play, but I'm really not sorry for you as a consumer. You should know better at this stage, sorry.

This is the first time I've ever had any real problems with uplay and I've bought 4-5 games on launch day that played just fine. Uplay has been better than Origin from my experiences with both actually.

With that said, I'd rather just use Steam for everything. But that's not gonna happen. :(

Yes. Been downloading since 9am and it finally finishes up at 5:20pm (uber internet) and now I cannot register the game because Uplay is ballsed up.

Edit: It started okay as my Uplay client updated itself but since then I have had the crash error message from the OP.

http://www.uplay.com/ is also down or very, very slow.

Uplay is a joke, does it come as a surprise to them that their servers will be stressed during major game launches every time?? I paid for this game but i can't play it?

Seriously? How about if those money greedy bastards spent some of that cash on server capacity instead of PR so their customers get a positive experience instead of being frustrated and contemplating on whether to pirate their next game or not to avoid this issue??

Sorry about the rant, but this makes me pissed.

dsk1210

I have been trying to get online for the last hour and a half, no luck. The game is crashing for me in offline mode aswell. :-(

dex3108

Servers are getting hammered, we need to wait few hours so servers could stabilize. It is bummer but that is with almost every game that needs online connections for MP. You can play game offline UPlay supports offline mode.

Kadayi

Banned
I'm not a huge hater of Uplay (I'm ok with the points system) but surely by now Ubisoft must of been aware of the need to set aside extra resources for a big title launch such as this. It's frankly asinine that they've been caught out once again.

This is the first time I've ever had any real problems with uplay and I've bought 4-5 games on launch day that played just fine. Uplay has been better than Origin from my experiences with both actually.

With that said, I'd rather just use Steam for everything. But that's not gonna happen. :(

I don't remember the last time a Ubisoft game launched without issues on PC, but I'm glad your experience has not been entirely negative. As for preferring Steam for everything, well, if you keep buying games on Uplay you're not exactly facilitating that course.

Personally I only buy games on Uplay if they are immensely discounted. To me Uplay detracts significant value from their products given the number of issues it has caused in the past and, apparently, in the present as well.

sk3tch

I didn't necessarily buy it on Uplay...I bought a NVIDIA "free game" code for Watch_Dogs off of eBay from someone that received it with their new graphics card. $32...I'm cheap with new releases because I usually don't have much time to play, anyway.

If I had gone with Steam (or Origin) - same problem..Uplay is a requirement for Watch_Dogs. So, while you definitely have a point...the only way I could speak with my $$$ is to not play Watch_Dogs and I didn't want to do that. The game is too compelling. It's just unfortunate that Ubisoft and Uplay didn't plan ahead for 1-3 days of added capacity to get through launch.

npa189

Multiplayer is down within the game, and I was kicked off blacklist's server last night while I was downloading watch dogs. Looks like Uplay is on fire ATM.

Skyzard

Banned
FUCK IM IN

3hours to download!

I can play today !!!! :DDD

the one thing I did different was actually wish for it to login, like verbally, outloud. Let me know if I helped.

It does seem like Uplay is having trouble, at least on PS4. Can't connect online with the PS4 version of Watch_Dogs right now.

Do you have more than 100 friends? When AC4 came out on PS4, you couldn't connect to Uplay if you had more than 100 friends. I wonder if that glitch is in this game (really wouldn't surprise me)

Dave_6

sk3tch, mine is doing the same thing. It was showing 100% downloaded but was acting like it wasn't finished. I click on "My Games" and it doesn't show up. Trying to get in Uplay offline doesn't do shit either. The game shows up but it isn't installed. They better have this shit fixed before I get off work this afternoon.

Xyber

I don't remember the last time a Ubisoft game launched without issues on PC, but I'm glad your experience has not been entirely negative. As for preferring Steam for everything, well, if you keep buying games on Uplay you're not exactly facilitating that course.

Personally I only buy games on Uplay if they are immensely discounted. To me Uplay detracts significant value from their products given the number of issues it has caused in the past and, apparently, in the present as well.

Well, what choice do I have if I want a Ubisoft game? It's uplay no matter where you get it. While having to have one more client on the PC to play games is a bit shitty, I'm not going to skip a game I want because of it.

YAY! I'm finally in! But.. FUUUUUUUUCK! The download speed is at 300kb/s and like 12 hours left. Disappointment after disappointment.

sk3tch, mine is doing the same thing. It was showing 100% downloaded but was acting like it wasn't finished. I click on "My Games" and it doesn't show up. Trying to get in Uplay offline doesn't do shit either. The game shows up but it isn't installed. They better have this shit fixed before I get off work this afternoon.
A lot of people have had this issue. Close Uplay, reopen, and resume download. I JUST had this and was able to resolve like this.

Crackbone

Having zero luck connecting to other players for online hacks, etc. Got a couple in this morning. This afternoon, no go.

I didn't necessarily buy it on Uplay...I bought a NVIDIA "free game" code for Watch_Dogs off of eBay from someone that received it with their new graphics card. $32...I'm cheap with new releases because I usually don't have much time to play, anyway.

If I had gone with Steam (or Origin) - same problem..Uplay is a requirement for Watch_Dogs. So, while you definitely have a point...the only way I could speak with my $$$ is to not play Watch_Dogs and I didn't want to do that. The game is too compelling. It's just unfortunate that Ubisoft and Uplay didn't plan ahead for 1-3 days of added capacity to get through launch.

I'm not trying to be a rude but if you admit the service isn't good, but still purchase products on it you are compromising your values and settling for a lesser experience.

It's like going to a restaurant where the service is terrible and rude, you wait ages for your food, sometimes they forget your order but you still go there because you appreciate the food. I don't blame you for doing that, sometimes I do that myself with other things, but with games which are just a form of entertainment, I give preference to the more stable services and the ones that give me the least hassle. If I have to jump through hoops, technical hurdles, server errors and terrible support I'd rather just take my money elsewhere.

Top Bottom