• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2013 being revealed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1003135_10151498040237060_1951541316_n.jpg

This was posted on Codemasters facebook page and in the comments they posted "We'll be revealing F1 2013 tomorrow."

Looking forward to seeing what they have changed!

Certinty

On the official CM forums there are rumours of classic cars being in the game.

I'm excited, but even though I loved F1 2010, 2011, and 2012 each of them had their fair share of problems.

Very nice. I loved 2012 on 360 and I still have 2011 on Vita (admittedly its not great).

Im hoping that co-op championship will be working for local players in this one.

So I take the above photo suggest it will be on quite a few consoles.

PC, Xbox One/360, PS3/4? and then WiiU? Unlikely to be going back to Vita I guess

The "Edition" there gives off a very strong suggesting of "Day One Edition" doesn't it for Xbox One? Unless they're only first party titles.

Certinty

Edition is probably a special edition or something similar to the one GRID 2 Brands Hatch Edition which had some DLC given with the game.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Look at the box with 'Edition' on the spine - it looks like there is a sepia filter on it, which makes me wonder if there is some kind of Limited Edition that will have some classic F1 car DLC or similar.

Mogwai

I hope wheel screeching has been removed. They added it to artificially make the game easier to casuals; to help hear when the car would loose grip. Pretty lame, if you ask me.

I love F1, but CM needs to make the series more realistic, not tailor another F1 Mario Kart 2.

XTERC

Are they going to simulate tire failures at Silverstone and the changes in compounds throughout the season?

elfinke

While I know it is CM's 'thing' and many people love them, I really really wish they would get away from the moving, amazing, wowee, yahoo, rad menu systems and just give me some nice, sharp and snappy menus to dive into to get me from game loading up -> into the cockpit.

Make it an option for all I care under 'gameplay':

1. CM-style yahoo menus with all the flair and razzle-dazzle you could ask for.
2. Boring Football manager menus with minimal fuss so I can be in the car in 3 seconds.

I adored FM2010 on PS3, warts and all and have skipped all the other ones due to not having the facilities to enjoy them with a steering wheel. I'm kind of keen for a new one on PC. Does 2012 have any kind of native 3D rendering? Is it any good? /off to google we go.

Certinty

If this comes out on next-gen consoles it could potentially come out after the F1 season has ended (Last race is the Brazilian GP on the 24th November).

The F1 license is funny. So many restrictions on Codemasters. They showing a game that's coming out near September in July. Which makes little sense at all. Apparently that was down to FIA.

Dibbz

Cool, I skipped out on F1 2012 but hopefully they improved it enough so that it's worth buying. AI in particular is something that has been lacking as well as crazy setups that allow people to go unrealistically fast.

_machine

Shaneus said:
PS. I found an exclusive scan of the cover:
A1IIf2Ql.jpg
I guess there's always a chance a they'll actually bring some major improvements this time and shipping a working product, but I'm guessing it'll be one step forward here and there and ten steps backwards in other areas.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The F1 license is funny. So many restrictions on Codemasters. They showing a game that's coming out near September in July. Which makes little sense at all. Apparently that was down to FIA.

And it'll be coming out at the end of the season. Why can't they release something for the start of the season?

After being through of 2010, 2011 and 2012 versions and so many unsolved problems, I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. They MUST fix que crappy online mode, it just destroyed the GAF leagues.

Hoping everything changes with 2013 version.

Is 2012 worth buying? Or should I wait.
Wait.

Brosa

Can anyone ever understand WHY that regardless of developer, publisher etc. throughout the history of F1 games, they are NEVER ready when the season starts?

Present 2013 version tomorrow, when half the season is done? When is it released then? When the season has ended? I will never get this policy. Just imagine FIFA, NHL etc. doing this. No right, that's not imaginable...

And it'll be coming out at the end of the season. Why can't they release something for the start of the season?

I don't get in this day and age, why they can't just release the game like in June. Then update the cars throughout the rest of the year.

Risgroo

Huh. So the classic cars are going to be this year's big feature? Cool beans, looking forward to seeing which seasons they'll be covering. Hoping for a next gen version as well.

Risgroo

BTW who's doing the OT for this? Lucius and Foliorum did the last three, right? I haven't seen Lucius around in ages, and Foli had his meltdown...

I skipped 2012. Could a two year gap make me look towards F1 2013 and believe it's an improvement over 2011? Tomorrow I'll know it I guess...

On the official CM forums there are rumours of classic cars being in the game.

Classic cars should have been in from the beginning of Codesmasters miserable rein, the last few Sony F1 games had a batch of them:

Alfa Romeo 158
Cooper Climax
Jordan 191
Lotus 25
Lotus 49C
Lotus 72E
Lotus 79
Honda RA272
Renault RE20
Renault RS01
Williams FW06
Williams FW08
Williams FW11
Williams FW14B
Williams FW18

they also had unlockable tracks; fictional street circuit, Jerez, Paul Ricard

but all of a sudden there's licensing issues preventing their inclusion - BULLSHIT!

Codemasters are one of the biggest shit spewers in gaming, if 2013 does have classic cars then you can bet your arse they're day 1 DLC.

Fucking terrible developer.

All of those boxes look slightly different, so I'm guessing those are boxes for all the different versions of the game

360, PS3, PC, etc...

Mobius 1

The best announcement they can make is that they lose the license to someone else that knows how to build racing simulations.

NHale

Can anyone ever understand WHY that regardless of developer, publisher etc. throughout the history of F1 games, they are NEVER ready when the season starts?

Present 2013 version tomorrow, when half the season is done? When is it released then? When the season has ended? I will never get this policy. Just imagine FIFA, NHL etc. doing this. No right, that's not imaginable...

Doing models for the cars and tracks is not the same thing as updating rosters and kits. You are comparing apples to oranges in regards to development.

When cars are only revealed in January, you can't truly expect a game to be ready for launch in less than 2 months.

From what I've been told, F1 2013 may not be next gen but F1 2014 most definitely is and it looks amazing.

From T4RG4 twitter account I would be shocked about F1 2013 is not a PS4/Xbone game. He even mentioned the AI being powered by The Cloud.

And from the OP, I'm convinced the 6 covers are for each of the 6 platforms they are releasing: PC, Xbox, Xbone, PS3, PS4 and ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom