• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Zakalwe

Banned
I hate this part of the game... I opened my 8 free packs and got one epic I won't use. I'm tempted to buy a bunch of packs, but last time I did I got nothing but commons and rares. I can't really afford to gamble.

I do have 4.5k dust, though. Is there anything essential I need to buy in terms of neutral epic/legendary cards? Or should I just do what my common sense is telling me to do and muddle through for now and save my dust until everything settles?

Blizzard

Banned
I hate this part of the game... I opened my 8 free packs and got one epic I won't use. I'm tempted to buy a bunch of packs, but last time I did I got nothing but commons and rares. I can't really afford to gamble.

I do have 4.5k dust, though. Is there anything essential I need to buy in terms of neutral epic/legendary cards? Or should I just do what my common sense is telling me to do and muddle through for now and save my dust until everything settles?
If you need to save money, wait for everything to settle. It's too early to tell for a couple weeks.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn you can't even hex the 5/5s.... It just turned into a 5/5 on my opponents turn.

Good lord that is broken.

Zakalwe

Banned
If you need to save money, wait for everything to settle. It's too early to tell for a couple weeks.

Yeh, the excitement gets to me.

Plus all my standard decks were ruined by the relegation, so I'll need to go through them and replace. I'll try to do it without spending too much for now.

Thanks.

Ladekabel

Haven't encountered Quest Rogue yet but I would wait before I call it broken. I remember people calling Twin Emps broken the few days around release and a few weeks later I saw C'Thun decks cutting it.

Measley

I haven't played it myself it's just the ones I've faced it seemed like they fell behind early and could never come back from it. Sadly I didn't get Kalimos from my packs and I don't want to craft anything since I'm really close to pity timer but once that's over with I can start investing the dust and maybe give it a shot.

For me the key is flame tongue totem. It really boosts the damage of your cheap elementals early game.

Kalimos is essential to the deck. I've swung a lot of games with him.

I have no idea how Elemental Mage is doing though...

Haven't encountered Quest Rogue yet but I would wait before I call it broken. I remember people calling Twin Emps broken the few days around release and a few weeks later I saw C'Thun decks cutting it.

The big difference is that Twin Emps was slow. Those sort of decks, in particular c'thun druid, look strong but were always going to be beat out by the time the faster decks were refined.

Faster decks will always come along, get refined and become dominant.

If there is a faster deck than quest rogue it is time to pack it up.

I have no idea how Elemental Mage is doing though...

I've played quite a few of them as a quest/combo priest. It seems very ordinary.

Jadax

Team 5 must be drunk. How in the f**k they let something like The Caverns Below get through in it's current state is beyond me.

I had a draw that could have it on turn 2. There wasn't really a point doing it turn 2 and finja later won the game on its own.

T1 Prep Mimic Pod get Shadowstep x2, Quest
T2 Southsea Southsea Shadowstep Shadowstep

scarlet

I replaced devolve with harbringer. My elemental shaman is doing better.

I think 5 would be fine, really doable but not so easy. Last 10 matches, 8 rouges, 7 times quest was ready at turn 4 and one time on turn 3.

Yes this is really fun blizzard...

Yeah, fastest I've ever faced was turn 4. But still won.

danowat

Banned
Wow, quest Warrior seems really really OP.

So they got rid of Ragnaros, but you now have a deck that can just sit behind tons of taunt minions, and then get another Ragnaros replacement!

EmiPrime

68 packs (pre-order plus bonus login packs and gold bought packs), 11 epics, 3 legendaries.

Pretty average but I really don't feel good about that given the massive price hike here. Half the fun with this expansion is supposed to be the quests but it's going to be a slog to get them all.

AndersK

Wow, quest Warrior seems really really OP.

So they got rid of Ragnaros, but you now have a deck that can just sit behind tons of taunt minions, and then get another Ragnaros replacement!

Taunt warrior is really slow. 2 mana deal 8 randomly kinda sucks when you're dead before then. Its not horrible, its just that quest rogue and pirate warrior dont mind you being Rag lite.

Ladekabel

My last three matches were against Jade Druids. I get people want easy wins but what a boring person you must be to not even play new cards.

Zakalwe

Banned
My last three matches were against Jade Druids. I get people want easy wins but what a boring person you must be to not even play new cards.

It's one of the very few decks I can play in standard right now. I can't afford to buy packs, and I didn't unpack anything great.

Don't want to spend my dust until later...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Weren't a bunch of y'all saying the Rogue quest was shit when it was announced?

Also, the meta is literally one day old, give it some time, jeez.

Heropon

My first new year match was against a time (freeze) mage. It was so annoying having to pop up three ice blocks while not knowing was going to come thanks to the randomness. Thankfully I survived the double turn thanks to that Psycho-Tron elemental.

zoukka

Do y'all just not get matched with PW or do you put in tech cards?

Only quests rogues in my 10 games so far.

Ku476Mr.jpg

This is how they usually look

ScribbleD

It's clunky, try to minimize overload or play harbringer, devolve was useful in jade meta, in this 5/5 rogue quest it only works against druid and pally. So, I'm not sure about devolve

I'm not sure with the one I bold.

My bad. I should have specified that I was asking about the dragon elemental priest you mentioned. I'm not sure if I'm skewing too heavily in favor of dragons, right now. Are you basically running just historian, operative, and 1-2 bigger dragons like Ysera, and then loading up on elementals?

zoukka

Rogue quest will be nerfed in a few weeks. Even pirate is too slow to punish it and no control deck can out-value it. It's more broken than 2-mana Buzzard hunter was.

TankUP

I'm having no issue beating rogue with quest Shaman.

I am unhappy that rogue has made Cwar pretty unplayable.

scarlet

My bad. I should have specified that I was asking about the dragon elemental priest you mentioned. I'm not sure if I'm skewing too heavily in favor of dragons, right now. Are you basically running just historian, operative, and 1-2 bigger dragons like Ysera, and then loading up on elementals?

Fertgo running that deck, not me :p

Ripenen

Man they really went all in on taunts. With lots of taunt minions plus adapt plus the warrior quest it's a taunt party. Definitely slows down the game.

Atram

Ok I'm done...Opponents quest was finished turn 2, turn 3 prep and played the quest.

This shit is broken. I never had a problem with other broken decks in 4 years but this is the biggest mess and will kill this game for me.

scarlet

Just reached rank 10 with elemental shaman.

Curvestone at its best.

Servant of Kalimos to Fire elemental to Blazecaller to Kalimos

Ladekabel

Maiev unlocked! Are there Rogue decks currently that don't run the quest (and Edwin...)?

The big difference is that Twin Emps was slow. Those sort of decks, in particular c'thun druid, look strong but were always going to be beat out by the time the faster decks were refined.

Faster decks will always come along, get refined and become dominant.

If there is a faster deck than quest rogue it is time to pack it up.

I still would wait a few weeks before making a call for nerfs now. Had no problems with Taunt Warrior against Rogue sofar but that could also be attributed to the players at rank 16.

It's one of the very few decks I can play in standard right now. I can't afford to buy packs, and I didn't unpack anything great.

Don't want to spend my dust until later...

But why do you have to play Jades and make me sad?

Top Bottom